Maybe he meant the Spanish name pronounced "Hey-sous".
    If that's the case... then the Storm is the "Jesus" phone, being that some of them are being produced in Mexico.

But I digress... I like my Storm as well, and I find it's uses way better than any iPhone.

Besides... I'm curious as to see how far the Storm can go. And with the proper OS I'm sure it will go quite far.
    and I'm for that infact I'm sure in due time it will be corrected. I'm rooting for rim because a fixed storm means a better chance of a newer touch from them with these problems already fixed
    03-31-09 05:10 PM
    I love how you people call out people assuming anyone who has an iphone is lower class because you title it "a toy". well my "toy" hasn't had a single hiccup since I bought it and it is the first one I bought. My storm was on #4 and still wasn't right. Toys are prone to defects and faults that cause breakage but in reality that was my storm. who has the toy now
    Haha smart ***, you must have bought one of the new iphone 3g's, i would hope that after 3 years they are able to make their "toys" work properly. At least apple can do that right
    03-31-09 06:23 PM
    er, i bought the phone because I wanted a touch phone that worked with the kinks corrected. name another touch phone beside the iphone that works this good, the dare, instinct, htc, any samsung - the only phone I would have rather had was the pre but I had sprint nextel and dreaded there coverage. going on two years since its launch I'd say i'm far from following the crowd. i'm the only one of my friends with it and infact I am a huge apple hater. I bought a zune because I hate ipod and won't buy macs because I like windows. god forbid somebody just wanted the phone on his own free will. try again

edit: by the by, nevermind I had the storm since launch in november and was on his 4th and still didn't get a good one. How many exchanges would you take with verizon taking there sweet time checking in the phone with an account upwards of $900with letters and automated messages your account is outstanding eventhough you were told this wouldn't happen. I'm far from unique yet your judging me because you prefer the storm which is also the hottest phone on verizon.
    Although, i respect your honesty about your "you bought a zune because you hate ipod".... sorry i called you a smart ***
    03-31-09 06:25 PM
    Besides... I'm curious as to see how far the Storm can go. And with the proper OS I'm sure it will go quite far.
    put it this way. If you are happy with the next official OS that's great. That's as far as it will go for a LOONG time.

If your not happy with the next official I don't know what to tell you except good luck and enjoy the wait : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:02 PM
    Although, i respect your honesty about your "you bought a zune because you hate ipod".... sorry i called you a smart ***
    i dont mind being a smart *** infact i welcome it, i just wish people would realize not everybody is on a bandwagon just because they also own a phone others brag about. I just wanted a good phone, if the storm was great but got bad publicity like I assumed it would then I would have stuck with it regardless of feedback just like others do but I chose not to. i jumped ship yes but because i didnt like it not because others didnt.
    03-31-09 07:08 PM
    I like all these generalizations about how anyone with an iPhone is a Jobs-worshipping fanboi, and how no one who owns a Storm is a fanboi, they are professionals. There is blackberry flavored kool-aid too. Some of the people here are just as bad as the Apple fanbois.

And as for the "iPhone is just a toy" thing, remember that one of the very first 3rd party apps for the Storm was a fart app.

03-31-09 07:29 PM
    I disagree. You don't need intelligence to work a BB. Look around the forums and you'll see what I mean.

Also, the OP doesn't seem to be a reason. You just say that's a good phone that you're happy with. How's that "reason 457"??
    correction: it takes intelligence to run the phone CORRECTLY without issues...

"457" in response to trolls post earlier..
    03-31-09 10:06 PM
    i dont mind being a smart *** infact i welcome it, i just wish people would realize not everybody is on a bandwagon just because they also own a phone others brag about. I just wanted a good phone, if the storm was great but got bad publicity like I assumed it would then I would have stuck with it regardless of feedback just like others do but I chose not to. i jumped ship yes but because i didnt like it not because others didnt.
    I respect that you made your decision based on preference, research, and functionality. I would just have to argue that the majority (yes, this is a generalization) of apple users/followers are only on-board because of Apple's clever marketing strategy that is pushing a 'fad' towards a large base of uneducated consumers. ---> not ALL apple owners fit in this category!...i just believe that a large portion of them do.
    04-01-09 02:17 AM
    You Storm fanboys fail HARD. Blind to the facts about the device the Storm is the worst BB I've ever owned and that's from the list of 8100 8320 9000 and 8900. Its been 5 months and what? .113 may be the official OS and it sucks. Another 5 months and then what? .125? I'm very frustrated with the Storm.

04-01-09 02:45 AM
    Oh dear LORD!!! Another comparo thread? This is getting OLD people!!! Whoopee, the 3 year old iPhone is getting a 3 year old update to version 3.0 and it STILL can't multitask ... sweet/NOT .... the Stoem is less than 6 months old ...

I hunt and peck on a frigging PC keyboard, I'm just as fast on the Storm if not faster, I use the touch-screen more ...

AppWorld is open ... RIM is supporting the device ... Verizon has got to be on the brink of releasing a new OS but who cares? I'm running leaked OS .109 and it runs great.

Where's the fail?

I don't get it ...

I've got pix, video, Internet, updates to 3 e-mail accounts, IM on all the major players, BB Messenger, BB Maps, Google Maps, Verizon Voice Mail, VZM Navigator, ORB to stream from my PC, QuickPull, SpeedTest, Bolt, OperaMini, Vlingo, BBFileScout, ahh crap! I give up! Not even going to bother naming all the apps I have on the Storm right now and they all run perfectly and I can have one running and switch to another without closing the first one ... welcome to the difference between real computing power and a toy ... your mileage may vary ... Oh yeah, toys are shiny, sweet ...enjoy that ...
    04-01-09 04:12 AM
    not sure why you assume apps make the phone cadzilla. yes they are great to have but unlike the push for appworld or appstore i just wanted a phone. blackberry is hands down the best for 3rd party app support and I dont expect it to be better on the iphone infact if I miss anything its the forums with apps from regular users without jailbreaking, that and push email. but your attempt to claim a phones a toy because it doesnt multitask fails. i think its childish for you to want to turn this into a pissing match yelling out apps.

the way your yelling them out almost makes it seem like its your first blackberry and you just don't know what to include in your arguement so your calling out random things, visual voice mail, maps, vzm navigator and quickpull. Honestly, you really named those? I give up because I don't want to persuade anyone to jump ship its just depressing to see others trying to justify there purchase by making childish rants only to say we are the ones with a toy. its ok keep crying, baby can keep his bottle
    04-01-09 05:26 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD