I'm just wondering, because the quick index claims to be linked to the master list of all current releases, but the "master list" claims that Bell/Telus only have OS 4.7 while we have OS 5 for one thing, and I'm pretty sure the rest is out of date too. and the thread is locked so we can't post updates.
    05-14-10 01:19 AM
    You can send a message to one of the moderators asking that it be updated or turfed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 10:07 AM
    I'm just wondering, because the quick index claims to be linked to the master list of all current releases, but the "master list" claims that Bell/Telus only have OS 4.7 while we have OS 5 for one thing, and I'm pretty sure the rest is out of date too. and the thread is locked so we can't post updates.
    Why update ... lol .... if you are informed enough to realize they are out of date, then you received anough via the other threads and are already ahead of the game.
    05-14-10 05:01 PM
    actually, I noticed that it said 4.7x while 5.0x was what the DM said. I was hoping to find which carrier had the latest, but not if that sticky is so out of date.
    05-14-10 05:25 PM
    Hieroglyphs usually don't get updated.
    05-14-10 09:14 PM
    Hieroglyphs usually don't get updated.
    Yes that is true, but most people cannot read the either so it doesn't matter.

It is beginning to seem as though Crackberry is now ignoring the Storm 1, just like the carriers.
    05-14-10 09:54 PM
    Yes that is true, but most people cannot read the either so it doesn't matter.

It is beginning to seem as though Crackberry is now ignoring the Storm 1, just like the carriers.
    Which is why we need to upgrade our blackberry devices to the newer models so we can get future upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 12:36 PM
    Which is why we need to upgrade our blackberry devices to the newer models so we can get future upgrades.
    Or maybe to a platform where we don't have to check each day to see if there is a patch or update that will release the potential of our device.

RIM seems to have found a way reduce those "leaks" to only a "trickle". If there are No "leaks" then for many there is no reason to come here for a FIX for their STORM. So there is no real reason to keep updating the STORM form... plus how many of the moderates are still using the original STORM.
    05-16-10 06:27 PM
    Or maybe to a platform where we don't have to check each day to see if there is a patch or update that will release the potential of our device.

RIM seems to have found a way reduce those "leaks" to only a "trickle". If there are No "leaks" then for many there is no reason to come here for a FIX for their STORM. So there is no real reason to keep updating the STORM form... plus how many of the moderates are still using the original STORM.
    Have you seen the leaks spewing out for pretty much EVERY other blackberry out there? the storm2, curve2 and bold2 are all getting leaks left and right. Who knows why we aren't getting any..but truth be told, no software leak will fix the real problems with the storm.
    05-16-10 11:07 PM
    Between .65 and where the storm OS is now that phone has gotten tons of leaks( Thats not including hybrids). I dont think people really take that into account. Yes as of late its been kinda slow but cmon its been a year and a half now, technology has moved way past what the S1 has to offer. Its just not a device thats up to par hardware wise with everything else being offered. For the average user is it a good phone? Yes it is. But in the tech sense its time has passed.
    05-17-10 02:20 AM

FYI, if you're one of those people who wants to search for leaks for your BB, you're likely to do the same for any other platform. Even when I had a Windows Mobile device, I kept checking regularly to see if there were any updates for the firmware.
    05-17-10 04:54 PM
    Between .65 and where the storm OS is now that phone has gotten tons of leaks( Thats not including hybrids). I dont think people really take that into account.
    Yes the first eight months or so there was a new OS available every month or so... But last summer those leaks dried up, not because RIM stopped developing new OS for the STORM, but because they wanted to stop the leaks. And they have done a very good job of it. Instead of a new leak every ten version numbers it now a leak every 100 version numbers.

Yes as of late its been kinda slow but cmon its been a year and a half now, technology has moved way past what the S1 has to offer. Its just not a device thats up to par hardware wise with everything else being offered. For the average user is it a good phone? Yes it is. But in the tech sense its time has passed.
    I would not say it became a "good phone" until OS5 was release almost ten months after the phone was released.

And it is hard to say its time has passed when Verizon just stopped selling the device, in fact there are a number of retailers (wirefly.com) that still have it available. If RIM has "given up" on it they should have pulled it from the stores when the S2 came out (which they should have done).
    05-18-10 12:33 PM
    Yes the first eight months or so there was a new OS available every month or so... But last summer those leaks dried up, not because RIM stopped developing new OS for the STORM, but because they wanted to stop the leaks. And they have done a very good job of it. Instead of a new leak every ten version numbers it now a leak every 100 version numbers.

I would not say it became a "good phone" until OS5 was release almost ten months after the phone was released.

And it is hard to say its time has passed when Verizon just stopped selling the device, in fact there are a number of retailers (wirefly.com) that still have it available. If RIM has "given up" on it they should have pulled it from the stores when the S2 came out (which they should have done).
    The point of twisting what i wrote into something else is what? If you look hard enough online im sure someone is still selling Big Wheels from the 70's. Does that mean its time hasnt passed either? And i said for the "average user" the storm was a good phone. Realistically OS5 sucks too for the more tech minded crowd. Quote me all ya want but dont turn it into something else. I didnt in any way write anything with the meaning you put behind my words.
    05-19-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD