On my phone Messages, BB Messenger, Phone and Browser are allways running.

I understand Phone, but the rest, why? I try to close them and they keep coming back.
    12-22-08 02:37 PM
    Because you can get a message at any time...and the rest I am not really sure. Those are the core applications and its been that way for...ever, i guess!
    12-22-08 02:38 PM
    It is because Java is a true multi-tasking OS. It can manage dormant applications and wake them as needed for instant response.

It also means, you can copy and paste between open applications, the clip board is always there too.

With adequate memory, Java runs flawlessly. Core applications have been well proven on previous generations, the new Storm layer will continue to improve with every upgrade.
    12-22-08 02:48 PM
    Without getting into an argument JAVA is not an OS. You can build multi-threaded apps in JAVA. Now then the BB OS may be multithreaded.
    12-22-08 03:05 PM
    i noticed that too...no matter how many times I "close" them, those apps stay in the "switch application" bar. I assume they are not "running" at fullest capacity because my phone is by no means slow at all, so those are probably just the default "most used" apps...
    12-22-08 05:09 PM
    Without getting into an argument JAVA is not an OS. You can build multi-threaded apps in JAVA. Now then the BB OS may be multithreaded.
    Java also isn't written in all caps.

And multi-threading is something else entirely from multi-tasking, which is what the Blackberry OS is. I suppose it's possible for it to also be multithreaded, but it would seem like quite a waste on something like the Storm. Maybe when cell phones come with multi-core processors.
    12-22-08 05:23 PM
    Why would you close the phone app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD