Okay, this marginally qualifies as a rant, so I'll post it here from the get go. I'm a little puzzled (sarcastically) at why so many folks are upset that a Storm 2 is already on its way.

The way I see it, the moment anyone complains about the Storm 1, they get a deluge of "it's user error" or "my Storm is perfect and I have none of those issues" messages. Anyone daring to complain about the Storm 1 is torn to shreds on this board.

So, to all those so super-delighted with their perfect Storm 1's, I can think of three reasons why you may be upset with the Storm 2:

1) You're stuck with an older device because you are on a two year contract.
    If this applies to you, why do you care? Your device is "perfect", what does it matter if there is a newer device out there?

2) You're worried that Verizon will not issue anymore updates for the Storm 1.
    If this applies to you, again, what does it matter? Your device was "perfect" from the day you bought it with 0.67, and 0.75 made it even "perfecter". Heck, and there were always those leaked betas and fancy hybrids which have made it "more-perfecter". Why care if Verizon doesn't release anymore updates

3) You won't be eligible to upgrade to the new, improved Storm 2.
    If this applies to you, what does it matter? Your Storm 1 is the most amazing, perfect phone ever. What on earth could be appealing to you about a new Storm?

So, to all those with "perfect" Storm 1's, stop complaining, and enjoy your "perfect" Storms.
    05-19-09 04:57 PM
    they're borderline brain dead... that's all
    05-19-09 05:22 PM
    Okay, this marginally qualifies as a rant, so I'll post it here from the get go. I'm a little puzzled (sarcastically) at why so many folks are upset that a Storm 2 is already on its way.

The way I see it, the moment anyone complains about the Storm 1, they get a deluge of "it's user error" or "my Storm is perfect and I have none of those issues" messages. Anyone daring to complain about the Storm 1 is torn to shreds on this board.

So, to all those so super-delighted with their perfect Storm 1's, I can think of three reasons why you may be upset with the Storm 2:

If this applies to you, why do you care? Your device is "perfect", what does it matter if there is a newer device out there?

If this applies to you, again, what does it matter? Your device was "perfect" from the day you bought it with 0.67, and 0.75 made it even "perfecter". Heck, and there were always those leaked betas and fancy hybrids which have made it "more-perfecter". Why care if Verizon doesn't release anymore updates

If this applies to you, what does it matter? Your Storm 1 is the most amazing, perfect phone ever. What on earth could be appealing to you about a new Storm?

So, to all those with "perfect" Storm 1's, stop complaining, and enjoy your "perfect" Storms.

+1 !!!!!!!!
    05-19-09 05:49 PM
    Preach brother, preach. CHUUUUUURRRRRCHHHH!!!!
    05-19-09 07:24 PM
    Agreed I love the storm but it sucks that they have not issued another official update. If the Storm 2 or Odin or what ever they call it comes out with an official 5.0... OS then i might be tempted to jump on it.
    05-19-09 07:37 PM

Hey Canisminor i agree 100% with you, im very happy and no complaints with Storm 1. i love it but guess what im a phone maniac, once Storm 2 comes along i will pull the trigger on it too. let's go Storm 2 bring it on, in the mean while im very happy with storm 1 no complaints ofcourse thanks to the leak OS's and CB!
    05-19-09 07:41 PM
    As a new Storm owner, I don't think I'd say my phone is perfect, but when I compare it to the Motorola Q, my first smartphone, no question that my Storm is the best...

I think I'll just continue using my phone, but if an update or new model comes out, I'll prolly jump on it as well!

Have fun,

Steve in So Cal
    05-19-09 07:44 PM
    This is very true. Never thought of it that way.

Well, I hate my current Storm, and will stay away from it on its second time around. Its essentially the same thing, just a different method of input. Both devices are going to have exactly the same software.
    05-19-09 07:51 PM
    I don't think it will, it will be better because its ready...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:33 PM
    What's the big deal? I am sure people can sell their storm 1 on ebay and get to within $100-$150 of the price. No big deal really.
    05-19-09 11:05 PM

I agree 100%!

The question is ...if their storms are "perfect", what the **** are they doing here?

I think a lot of us are overlooking the obvious also....

WILL THE STORM 2 WILL BE ANY BETTER?

I for one do not believe RIM has gotten it right just as yet. If they did, there would have been an OS upgrade for their first premier touch screen phone. The fact that they haven't leaves me to believe that this is just another way to grab millions and run.

Fool me once. ...shame on you RIM
    Fool me twice ...shame on me.
    05-19-09 11:15 PM
    Good point, I love the Storm and the Storm 2 may even be better, at the end of my contract.

Really, I find very little wrong with the Storm but would like it to be faster but I'm putting on the years and not in that big of a hurry anyway.

Color banding is minor to me, I have the backlight at 10 and it is hard to see at that level. I have to look for it but why look at the glass half empty, looks pretty full to me.
    05-19-09 11:32 PM
    Im a VIP so it doesn't bother me that much......
    05-20-09 08:44 AM
    Im a VIP so it doesn't bother me that much......
    Agreed. What's the worst case scenario? You're out $500 bucks for a new phone. If I want to upgrade to the Storm 2, I will. I'm perfectly happy with my Storm 1 though.
    05-20-09 08:54 AM
    Agreed. What's the worst case scenario? You're out $500 bucks for a new phone. If I want to upgrade to the Storm 2, I will. I'm perfectly happy with my Storm 1 though.
    I'm a VIP member at verizon too and they told me it didn't effect my upgrade capabilities. Can you please evolain what your talking about

05-20-09 09:02 AM
    It took me a while to really start liking my Storm. After playing with the leaked OS's, 3rd party apps, and the like, I've grown to love it each day. I tried to convince myself that .75 was good (and technically it did was it was supposed to do), but the lag killed it for me to the point where I needed to try out a leak. Since installing .132, my phone has been amazing. I switched to Verizon in November, so I'm nowhere near the end of my two-year contract. However, if the new touchscreen BB is out by the time I upgrade, I will consider it.

This is a little off-topic: I'm not upset about the possibility of a new touchscreen BB. This is my first BB; however it's not my first smartphone. I was a WM user for a while (SUCKED) and I never saw an OS update for the phone I had, nor did I think I could find one. Years before that I had a Sidekick II (college kid). I wasn't upset when I started seeing T Mobile roll out a thousand Sidekick models for people to choose from. I figured that was the way it worked. I understand why folks are upset in regards to the Storm though. You pay big money to get something that's supposed to work right out the box. RIM has been the positives and the backlash from the Storm, so hopefully they get it right (or a little better) with the new touchscreen BB, as well as any touchscreens that they develop in the future.
    05-20-09 09:30 AM
    I'm a VIP member at verizon too and they told me it didn't effect my upgrade capabilities. Can you please evolain what your talking about

You can upgrade to a new phone every year for $50 over the NE2 cost or something. I didn't read into it very much. I'm sure there are posts on CB describing it.
    05-20-09 09:39 AM
    You can upgrade to a new phone every year for $50 over the NE2 cost or something. I didn't read into it very much. I'm sure there are posts on CB describing it.
    Yes, being a VIP ($79.99 base voice plan or higher), you can upgrade every year for $50 off the promotional price of the phone or $100 if you wait the full 2 years. Whereas a normal customer would have to wait the 2 years to get $50 off the promotional price.

Both require renewing your contract with Verizon.

And you might get sent those "special" flyers to get an early upgrade to the latest hot phone on Verizon. We all know how well that worked when Verizon was promoting the Storm back in September...
    05-20-09 11:00 AM
    Yes, my Storm does run very nicely. Perfect? No, but what phone is? It doesn't bother me one bit that a "Storm 2" is forthcoming. Unless it blows the current version out of the water (which it may or may not do), I will have no problem keeping mine.
    05-20-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD