When I take a pic, I zoom in and I press the camera icon on the screen, it seems to take at least 5 seconds from when I press to when the click and sound and the actual picture is taken. What gives and why is this?
    05-20-09 09:53 AM
    I noticed from your other posts that you are running OS .75, which has many known issues, one of them being the delay in the camera.

I have left some information for the OS upgrade in your other post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/4-...5/#post2601940
    05-20-09 09:56 AM
    What Os are you running.? You have to let it autofocus first. The camera is awfully slow on .75. The autofocus and camera are much faster on .148.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 09:57 AM
    Irritating, huh? Try camera > menu > options > image stabilization > off + picture quality > normal may help...not sure.
    05-20-09 10:01 AM
    Wow, just the image stabilization off made a huge difference. So, I have mine set at superfine, what makes it fine or normal as far as what is the camera doing and what is the loss in quality?
    05-20-09 10:05 AM
    Idk. Experiment. Don't think fine / superfine necessary 4 good pic.
    05-20-09 10:11 AM
    Will do. Thanks!
    05-20-09 10:12 AM
    Irritating, huh? Try camera > menu > options > image stabilization > off + picture quality > normal may help...not sure.
    Really didn't help but it faster tho thanks

05-20-09 11:38 AM
    Really didn't help but it faster tho thanks.
    Unclear...r u saying pic quality not improved by fine / superfine settings?
    05-20-09 11:56 AM
    you're right! that does help
    05-20-09 12:02 PM
    upgrade that problem will magically dissaper
    05-20-09 02:46 PM
    Too scared to. Service books, re-registering. Sounds like I will fry my Blackberry.
    05-20-09 02:48 PM
    You won't I was the same way couple of weeks ago, its really easy. I've done it a couple of times now.

05-20-09 03:33 PM
    Too scared to. Service books, re-registering. Sounds like I will fry my Blackberry.
    I bet I've upgraded and downgraded 40 times and I have yet (knocks on wood!) to brick a Storm. The process is really simple...just have to have a little time and patience so you don't try to rush things. As far as the service books and what not go, that all re-registers automatically...it's very unlikely that you will have to do it again.

The .148 OS that was leaked last night is really GOOD so far! You know you want it!!!
    05-20-09 03:38 PM
    Upgrading is nothing to be scared of. Just read the NOOB Guide in the OS forum. It's really not hard, all you need to do is take the defaults for any option that comes up. In Every upgrade I've done, the re-registering/service book thing happens automatically when your phone boots up at the end of the upgrade. It's easy. Your camera will run unbelievably fast on any OS above .132, but from the reviews I've read, if yo uupgrade, go ahead and load up .148.

Grey
    05-20-09 05:45 PM
    This helped me too, Thank you all!
    05-20-09 07:05 PM
    Sorry, but people tend to forget that they're buying a PHONE not a nice digital camera.. But, of course, i love having the ability to take pictures whenever i want.
    05-20-09 07:59 PM
    Okay, here is the way to backup and restore and get the new os on with my questions.

HOW TO BACK UP YOUR BLACKBERRY:
    1. Open up Desktop Manager (DM)
    2. Connect phone via USB to PC
    3. Click on Back Up and Restore in DM
    4. Click Back Up
    5. Save Dialog comes up, click Save
    6. Wait until you get the message "The back up file was successfully created." Now you can proceed to back up 3rd party apps...

So Far, piece of cake.

3rd Party:

1) Plug in device>Open DM>Device Switch Wizard

2) DSW>BlackBerry devices

3) Make sure ONLY 3rd Party Applications is checked>Select Next So you are saying now do a second back-up, but this time only 3rd party apps are to be checked?

4) DM will back up 3rd party apps, when finished DO NOT select Next or Cancel!!!

5) Search your computer Files & Folders and DEFINITELY make sure to search HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS for a folder with the same name as your PIN and a .alx file.Hunh? What am I doing here and where is this mysterious folder and file? Should this be say on my desktop where I saved the back-up to? How do I know it is the same?

6) Move both the folder and .alx file to an easy a
    accessible place you remember.So now I am moving this from the back-up location?

7) Go back to the DM and cancel the process.

Okay, now it is all backed up, so I do this?

Download the leaked OS Where to and how?
    Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)
    Back up your 3rd party apps. How to backup 3rd party applications
    Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager okay, so do I download 1st then back-up?
    Download desired OS to your PC How does one do this?
    Install/run OS to PC
    If you are NOT on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It’s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should
    Click Application Loader
    Click Update
    At this point, disconnect your computer from the internet
    Select the OS you would like to load and continue
    Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 20-90 minutes to complete upgrade.

So now I have the OS on, do I now do the following?
    RESTORE PROCESS

1) Plug in device>Open Desktop Manager

2) Select Apploader>Add/Remove Applications

3) Select Add

4) Browse to Folder named your PIN #

5) Select the .alx file and Select Open>Select Next

Now that is strictly for the 3rd party apps correct? What is out of order here?
    05-21-09 09:40 AM
    Itis definatly easier said than done, but is sooo worth it, in my opinion! I never could successfully restore my 3rd party apps even after following the instruction 5 different times...........I think it is DM or my computer?

My suggestion would be to do a wipe because you are loading from a clean slat and the everything seems to run better when i do it?

If not, THE BIGGEST thing to look for is that when you go to load your operating system is that it comes up and you see it before you click proceed for the final time............It should say something like do want to load 4.7 software and App files...........I accidently loaded an operating system over another on my computer and if i would have proceeded before i figured this out im certain my phone would have bricked.........But being your first OS everthing should go smooth and if your 3rd party apps dont load, you can get them back on and leave off the ones you werent using anyway.........Go here for 3rd party apps.. I dont know why the Mods have not STICKIED this yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/
    05-21-09 10:11 AM
    Okay, here is the way to backup and restore and get the new os on with my questions.

You've kind of messed the order up, but I'll answer your questions in the order you asked them:

3) Make sure ONLY 3rd Party Applications is checked>Select Next So you are saying now do a second back-up, but this time only 3rd party apps are to be checked? Yes

5) Search your computer Files & Folders and DEFINITELY make sure to search HIDDEN FILES & FOLDERS for a folder with the same name as your PIN and a .alx file.Hunh? What am I doing here and where is this mysterious folder and file? Should this be say on my desktop where I saved the back-up to? How do I know it is the same?This ability should be made much easier than this by RIM. You need to find this file and folder (the file should be IN the folder), which will be created in your temporary directory most likely, but not necessarily, which is why you need to search for it. After you find it in the search cut/paste the folder (with the file in it) to your desktop. The mysterious .alx file is just a help file for Blackberry Desktop Manager to know what programs you had on your phone. None of this is the same as the regular backup

6) Move both the folder and .alx file to an easy a
    accessible place you remember.So now I am moving this from the back-up location?Yes, how I explained above

7) Go back to the DM and cancel the process.

Okay, now it is all backed up, so I do this?Yes, after you have moved the folder you can safely cancel

Download the leaked OS Where to and how?Go to the Storm-OS sub forum. Links to download the OS's as .exe files are there. I recommend .148

Back up your 3rd party apps. How to backup 3rd party applications
    Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager okay, so do I download 1st then back-up?Doesn't matter

Download desired OS to your PC How does one do this?Click the links in the OS sub forum

So now I have the OS on, do I now do the following?You most likely will not have to do this. All that backing up was planning for worst-case scenario. I have upgraded several times and only had to restore once.
    RESTORE PROCESS

1) Plug in device>Open Desktop Manager

2) Select Apploader>Add/Remove Applications

3) Select Add

4) Browse to Folder named your PIN #

5) Select the .alx file and Select Open>Select Next

Now that is strictly for the 3rd party apps correct?yes What is out of order here?Whatever you moved around from the original instructions. I can't fix copy/paste user errors
    It's seriously so easy. People have asked every possible question ten times over in the OS sub-forum. Go there.
    05-21-09 11:04 AM
    In process now. Will see how it goes.
    06-02-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD