02-27-09 08:51 AM
48 12
tools
    Why?

Here's why:

1. I've tried several of the leaked releases and they all have serious issues. Even if they work 'well' something is a problem, like battery life.

2. My Storm works flawlessly on .75 and I didn't get the impression that any other release was much faster. Maybe a little in some cases, but the glitches weren't worth it.

3. I have better things to do with my time than do daily battery pulls, whine about why my backlight suddenly won't go off automatically [or some such thing], or troll around CB night and day waiting for a new leak that will be obsolete the day after tomorrow.

My BB is a useful too, not a freaking science project. Yes folks, it IS possible to have a BlackBerry AND have a life too.
    02-22-09 11:05 AM
    I haven't upgraded simply because I know MY luck. The OS's are unofficial which means I won't have any help from RIM if something bad happens. I'll be one of the .001% of the cases where, upon installing, the new OS turns my phone into a charcoal briquette. BELIEVE me, I want all the lag and bugs fixed. This phone will be the king of the hill when that happens. Almost there as it is!
    02-22-09 11:34 AM
    Leaked Os is unofficial and the hybrids are put together by some random guy on the internet. May be I'll take my car to be repaired by some guy that says he can instead of a certified mechanic.
    02-22-09 12:18 PM
    Now that's a vote of confidence!
    The Dare is a dumb phone... meaning that it shouldn't be slow. What I'm saying is that the people who say the Storm's accelerometer is SOOO slow is either impatient or have not used a whole lot of touch screen phones.

I honestly don't know why everyone is so upset with this phone. I've not really had any problems. There are a few times it lags a little, but it's no worse than any touch screen and/or smartphone that I've ever had.
    02-22-09 12:39 PM
    It seems the common answer and mine as well seems to be stability. I use my phone for more than killing time. My job depends on the phone.
    I also don't want to start upgrading unofficial OS's because it seems to me once you start you crackberry addicts can't stop. Being a mac user is also a deterrent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:06 PM
    Going through the forums, I'm seeing that there's still a lot of people at .75. I'm just curious....Why????
    Because .75 overall has a lot less BIG bugs that can completely hinder your phones performance sometimes. And no finger follow on teh main screen
    02-22-09 02:21 PM
    Its Official and Stable. Dont have problems with it, so why leaked to an Official? You hear a lot of people having a lot of issues with there Betas.
    02-22-09 03:02 PM
    i think .75 works prtty good
    02-22-09 03:37 PM
    I just have not had any issues with .75. With my pearl, I would have been right on all the updates but with this phone being so new I honestly don't want to chance it like I use to with my pearl.
    02-22-09 04:22 PM
    .75 has also been very good to me so far. I do wish the camera speed was a little better, but I can wait for the official OS. Plus I am not very tech savy when it comes to what you have to do to put on a leaked OS. I would freak the first sign of something going wrong.
    02-22-09 05:40 PM
    1. can't find 103 except on a website that wants me to pay for it.
    2. can't understand the directions posted.
    3. too scared to try.

anyone want to hold my hand?
    02-22-09 05:40 PM
    Just curious, if these OS upgrades are 'beta' or 'leaked' then is it correct to assume that they are not coming from Blackberry themselves? If they aren't, where or who are they coming from? and in the past how long normally does it take for BB to follow suite and make the upgrade official?
    Sorry to run on but just curious....
    02-22-09 05:54 PM
    I just prefer to keep things official, then if I have a problem with my phone I am completely guilt free and can blame someone else, .

To answer ajcscan's questions,
    The beta and leaked OS upgrades are from RIM. It is a beta because it is not officially released, so it goes through a process of testing. Through this process, some of the testers or other people who have access to the OS will release it "into the wild" or onto the internet for people like us you are very interested in the progress of the OS to install on our own and use. If someone loads a leaked OS, say .109, and then Verizon releases .109 as an official release, there is no difference between the official and the leaked. This is my first blackberry, so I can't personally account for the length between updates on past phones, but I have read that the Storm is getting way more attention and work as far as the OS is concerned than most phones in the past, so we should be thankful for the work RIM is doing.

At least that is my understanding, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.
    02-23-09 01:54 AM
    .75 has also been very good to me so far. I do wish the camera speed was a little better, but I can wait for the official OS. Plus I am not very tech savy when it comes to what you have to do to put on a leaked OS. I would freak the first sign of something going wrong.
    did you turn the image stabilizer off??
    that helps.....
    camera>BB button> options> image stabilizer off

speeds it up quite a bit!
    as far as .75....idk I was cautious at first but i got .99 and went to a party yesterday and met 3 other people with the storm and none of them even came close to my accelerometer responsiveness, or speed. Not to mention I had a new theme and everything. One of em was even in marketing and used his phone all the time! I was shocked! -I promptly referred them all to crackberry to assist them
    02-23-09 01:59 AM
    Why?

Here's why:

1. I've tried several of the leaked releases and they all have serious issues. Even if they work 'well' something is a problem, like battery life.

2. My Storm works flawlessly on .75 and I didn't get the impression that any other release was much faster. Maybe a little in some cases, but the glitches weren't worth it.

3. I have better things to do with my time than do daily battery pulls, whine about why my backlight suddenly won't go off automatically [or some such thing], or troll around CB night and day waiting for a new leak that will be obsolete the day after tomorrow.

My BB is a useful too, not a freaking science project. Yes folks, it IS possible to have a BlackBerry AND have a life too.
    wicked awesome...
    02-23-09 02:35 AM
    i havent upgraded yet because the only time i seem to be willing to do this is whenever i am using my phone constantly and cannot imagine waiting the hour and a half of not being able to use my phone. maybe i will stop procrastinating and give it a shot late tonight-although i will comment that i am perfectly happy with .75 despite what some may say
    02-23-09 09:28 AM
    On my second Storm and still with .75 - It works so much better then my first Storm with .99. There is a slight lag going from portrait to landscape...but I'll deal with the lag and keep the stable OS.

No need to upgrade this time around!
    02-23-09 11:16 AM
    Haven't had any major issues with .75. And reading through the forums I haven't seen one upgrade that doesn't have issues. With that said, I choose to use only the official os, because if theres ever a problem its covered.

Last edited by mikell; 02-23-09 at 11:19 AM.
    02-23-09 11:17 AM
    I just got my phone, so I had to do a little research before I dove right in and upgraded to a later OS. The process was incredibly simple as well. If anyone is still on .75, trust me - its well worth the effort to upgrade.
    02-24-09 11:26 AM
    Personally, I have had no serious problems with .75.

Sometimes the device crashes while using BB Messenger, and sometimes the accelerometer is laggy or I have some other minor screen glitch, but I haven't experienced any bug that prevents me from using the phone as I need to.

While I don't doubt that the leaks enable the Storm to perform faster and correct some of the problems in .75, they also come with a host of new problems I have no desire to experience. My phone works just fine now, so I'm waiting until the next OFFICIAL OS comes out.
    02-24-09 05:24 PM
    because reading about all the bugs and etc. that seem to pop up with each release means it's not worth it to risk my business tool on a beta release.

not all of us use these things as toys
    02-27-09 08:23 AM
    I'm on a mac, and I haven't been willing to shell out the bucks for vmware and a copy of windows to do these updates. Also too lazy to resurrect my ancient PC. . Maybe I ought to blow the dust off that old thing...

02-27-09 08:48 AM
    Some of us don't have time to install a new os every week. We use our storm as a tool. .75 meets our needs, so why update to a non-official os?

WIN!

my phone is not a toy and i actually do need it, as much as possible, stable, all the time. Not because I'm addicted or think my BB is like teh kewlest, cause I need it for work.
    02-27-09 08:51 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD