02-27-09 08:51 AM
48 12
tools
    Going through the forums, I'm seeing that there's still a lot of people at .75. I'm just curious....Why????
    02-20-09 09:58 PM
    Some are lazy, some don't want a leaked OS. Or their dog chewed through the USB cord. :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:05 PM
    Some of us don't have time to install a new os every week. We use our storm as a tool. .75 meets our needs, so why update to a non-official os?

02-20-09 10:25 PM
    Tried all the leaks except .103 and the hybrids. .75 as laggy and buggy as it is , is the most stable of the bunch.
    02-20-09 10:53 PM
    i'm a weenie... bottom line.
    also cause i work fulltime, go to school fulltime, have 3 kids and a ton to do and i haven't had time to do the research needed to do this, i actually was gonna this morning but then read about a 'possible' official version and thought i'd wait but it's looking that was crap. lol oh well... one day i will.
    02-20-09 11:06 PM
    The most common answer I get when i ask another Storm user why they havent upgraded past .75 is ...its not official.....these are usually the real techy types who love to have the latest and greatest of everything..go figure
    02-21-09 08:15 AM
    I use a Mac, apparently we can't do OS updates using the software available to us.

So I'm waiting for the next OS version to become available via the wireless upgrade.
    02-21-09 11:44 AM
    i know, seriously, i couldn't imagine still being on .75
    02-21-09 11:54 AM
    Simple, I have ZERO issues with .75. Although the camera may take up to 2 seconds to take a pic, the camera takes great pictures. I'll take stability over speed increases.
    02-21-09 02:10 PM
    I upgraded to .103 only because i had to have the Lightsaber app with sound. Athough .75 works great, no lag. The reason i hadn't upgraded is because i like video sound over Bluetooth and none of the leaked upgrades have this.
    02-21-09 02:36 PM
    'Cause, a) I'm a chicken, and b) I'm a Mac!
    02-21-09 02:44 PM
    I aint gonna lie, I was kinda nervous about doing it til one day I got bored and decided to try .103. Boy, was I glad I did. Not that .75 is THAT bad, but .103 is that good
    02-21-09 05:16 PM
    I haven't because the more I read, the more I see that problems are related to unofficial releases of a new OS. I've not had any of the problems that most people have said that they've experienced being on an OS that is not .75. Everyone says "Oh but .75 is SOOOO slow." I had the Dare before I got my Storm and the Storm is no slower than the Dare.
    02-21-09 05:52 PM
    Yea same reason here! Maybe because I don't want a messed up phone perhaps!?? Show me one leaked OS that has not one problem and still functions better than .76 and I will uograde to said leaked OS! And I'm still confused as to why VZW hasn't officially realeased anything since .76?!!
    02-21-09 07:46 PM
    My .02 is I use my phone too much for work and travel. I can't afford to have any issues when I'm half way across the country and depend on my BB. Just a risk I can't afford to take. I would love an updated OS that fixes the issues with the camera 'cause as it is my camera is useless which is a total bummer.
    02-21-09 08:06 PM
    I don't have the patience to fix it if the Storm gets bucked up.
    02-21-09 09:35 PM
    Yea same reason here! Maybe because I don't want a messed up phone perhaps!?? Show me one leaked OS that has not one problem and still functions better than .76 and I will uograde to said leaked OS! And I'm still confused as to why VZW hasn't officially realeased anything since .76?!!
    If I'm not mistaken, the latest official Verizon os is .75 not .76 , so I guess you do have an un-official OS...
    02-21-09 10:13 PM
    Some of us don't have time to install a new os every week. We use our storm as a tool. .75 meets our needs, so why update to a non-official os?

That's a load of crap! Try not to sound so bitter next time!
    02-21-09 10:15 PM
    I had the Dare before I got my Storm and the Storm is no slower than the Dare.
    Now that's a vote of confidence!
    02-21-09 10:17 PM
    That's a load of crap! Try not to sound so bitter next time!
    Who sounds bitter? I simply answered the question. Why are you upset that .75 meets many of our needs?

Last edited by rewster; 02-21-09 at 10:25 PM.
    02-21-09 10:22 PM
    I don't think that people who still have .75 are lazy or lack the aptitude to do so. I had leaked versions on my phone and was tired of all of the battery pulls and freezing. I went back to .75 because is is more reliable. Besides, if people do have the upgrades why do they care what OS we run. Just because their storm is a piece of **** doesn't mean ours is. SO GET OVER IT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.
    com
    Last edited by BBMaster; 02-22-09 at 08:37 AM.
    02-22-09 08:35 AM
    Personally I have not had that many issues with .78 Well as long as I don't use any beta plazmic themes or viigo. There are small minor issues that I think would make the phone much better however if it is working ok for me on .78 I am not going to trade anything that is working fine to 'fix' these small issues.
    When the official release comes out I will happily upgrade. Until then the Storm isn't too bad as is.
    02-22-09 08:53 AM
    My Storm has been working great on .75 from the beginning. I will just wait for the official OS. I have tons of apps on my phone and it does what it is suppose to do for me on .75... work!
    02-22-09 10:34 AM
    Mac here and BB doesn't seem interested in getting their softward to work for me . I've tried OTA and Missing Sync but I'm not techie enough to get anything done.

Chad
    02-22-09 10:42 AM
    There is a lot of people who need to get comfortable with Desktop Manager and doing an update. Most are afraid of bricking their device, if you follow the guides here and do a backup before, all will be fine. This is something everone who owns a Berry needs to be able to do. Don't be scared...

02-22-09 10:48 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD