ummm yah you saw right , for some reason .. the bottom half of my screen is now working again .. and it seems to work better in the areas that it was having trouble clicking before the entire bottom of the screen stoped working... i took the battery out and started to violently hitting the back of the screen ... i hear a spring or something kind of BOING ! and fliped it over and my damn screen clicked again !!! this is exciting !
    11-23-08 07:30 PM
    sounds like a new neat trick...."battery pull + judo chop back of battery slot. listen for BOING!"
    11-23-08 07:32 PM
    Could have been a loose connection. (i.e. screen ribbon cable)
    11-23-08 07:33 PM
    Sooks, I'd still get it swapped out, but at least you can WAIT now.
    11-23-08 07:36 PM
    hmm idk.. lal i know its working now and im stoked lol.
    11-23-08 07:36 PM
    Hopefully they will still swap it for you!
    11-23-08 07:39 PM
    sounds like a new neat trick...."battery pull + judo chop back of battery slot. listen for BOING!"

K, just spit beer at my laptop...

Sooks glad for ya bud, now, have you ever watched a movie on a Storm???
    11-23-08 07:39 PM
    K, just spit beer at my laptop...

Sooks glad for ya bud, now, have you ever watched a movie on a Storm???
    if he had watched one before now...i'm sure it was only in HD (half def)

or wait...he could see the screen i think but couldn't press it. either way, i'm glad its working again, i hope it continues to work for ya sooks!
    11-23-08 07:43 PM
    ummm yah you saw right , for some reason .. the bottom half of my screen is now working again .. and it seems to work better in the areas that it was having trouble clicking before the entire bottom of the screen stoped working... i took the battery out and started to violently hitting the back of the screen ... i hear a spring or something kind of BOING ! and fliped it over and my damn screen clicked again !!! this is exciting !
    Damn. That sounds near unbelievable. Almost sounds like your "people are camping for the Storm one week in advance" story. jk jk.. Glad it's working again.

I too would get a new one. It seems that there is a piece that is actually moving around in there? Swap it.
    11-23-08 07:48 PM
    good job sooks!!

I have used three different 9500 units so far and each unit's screen felt different. Some screens were more responsive than others, either totally or in certain areas. Each screen had a different speed in the "click". I'm not convinced that the screens are different, what I think it is; is the build quality of the assembly of the unit! All units were running 4.7.0.65 and had the same Screen/Keyboard settings.
    11-23-08 07:54 PM
    nice! good to hear!
    11-23-08 07:56 PM
    i bet there was a crumb in the spring.... stop eating those cookies fatty
    11-23-08 08:00 PM
    What spring? There's just a button under the metal cover. There is no spring. Did you guys look at the breakdown of the phone components on the main blogs page yet?
    11-23-08 08:15 PM
    good job sooks!!

I have used three different 9500 units so far and each unit's screen felt different. Some screens were more responsive than others, either totally or in certain areas. Each screen had a different speed in the "click". I'm not convinced that the screens are different, what I think it is; is the build quality of the assembly of the unit! All units were running 4.7.0.65 and had the same Screen/Keyboard settings.
    i think this is really accurate. my edges are a harder to push than the middle but not by a whole lot. def have to apply a little more force.. man if there is a screen out there that is GOOD all around, might need to find one of those babies ;P
    11-23-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD