There have been alot of Weather app complaints here on the boards especially regarding memory leaks.
    I've seen that too, and have been thinking that may be the problem. I've also heard it's near impossible to get the accu weather back once you delete it. Saving it as a last resort.
    I may try a wipe if deleting all these apps doesn't work.
    01-02-09 01:01 PM
    I'm not understanding how application memory can affect speed since the phone allocates a certain amount of memory or RAM for the basic operation of the phone.
    01-03-09 01:50 AM
    Try running CrackMem on your device. With this app, you can delete PTT, VAD, preinstalled media, RIM internal tools, etc.
    No can do. You need windows to install it, and Pete6, the creator, has basically told us Mac users, I don't care about you, I'll never write it for the Mac, so forget your OS and come to windows.
    01-03-09 01:54 AM
    Damn right he did, why code for an inferior product?
    01-03-09 11:28 AM
    Damn right he did, why code for an inferior product?
    I don't know? Why did he code for an inferior product?
    01-03-09 11:33 AM
    Yes! Mac vs PC wars!
    Greatness...
    01-03-09 12:47 PM
    Eh. At least we don't have to disguise OSX by calling it something else....Windows Mojave? Please....

Back on topic.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:47 PM
    Eh. At least we don't have to disguise OSX by calling it something else....Windows Mojave? Please....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, you said please. I like that song... "Oh Mojave..."

Oh oh.. and um.. memory leaks.. sheesh. Yes. Hate memory leaks. Nasty, nasty memory leaks.
    01-03-09 02:05 PM
    I called verizon on memory slowing my camera. They suggested deleting vz navigator. That speeded things up. I wish there was a program like i used to have for my pearl (memmax?) to delete unneeded stock photos ,voice dail etc...
    01-03-09 02:22 PM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry's have memory leaks. Is this a RIM problem or the programmers for third party apps? I don't see other smartphones have this problem and the thing that's most annoying is that there is absolutely no way (or any way that I've found) that can actually "stop" a memory leak, memory will always decrease and ultimately force the user to do a hard reset. RIM needs to really find a way to prevent this
    Its a combo of both with a big part to Java.

RIM's problem for not making memory leaks a more important thing in their programming. or for that matter making a program that cleans/monitors/refreshes the RAM?

Third party programmers not taking the time to check their work for each version or each handset for leaks and issues. Just too much time for most of these smaller companies i presume

Java I think is the bigger culprit, its not the most stable or memory management programing language in my moderate experience.

I called verizon on memory slowing my camera. They suggested deleting vz navigator. That speeded things up. I wish there was a program like i used to have for my pearl (memmax?) to delete unneeded stock photos ,voice dail etc...
    you are thinking of Crackmem, which removes these from the OS before it is installed, works great. Search for "Crackmem" thread ver 2.x is the latest thread on it.
    01-03-09 08:59 PM
    The only apps I have on my phone are Weatherbug, Vigo, VibandRing and Quick pull. I have tried freaking everything. The last one I tried was disabling compatibility w/ my apps and I thought it worked for like 10 min. It made my usage go up to 47MB, the highest I've seen it and my camera was even much faster. Now about a 1/2 hour later my app memory is down to 39MB and still dropping, my camera is also back to being SLOOOW. GRRRI am sooo frustrated. Fix the OS already! I love my BB and can't put it down but still....
    02-26-09 11:28 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD