66 sec to load crackberry!!! And this is 3G?
    I do have OperaMini (13 sec!)...but since I cant make Opera the default browser (can I?...Its not listed as an option)..I'm stuck at times with the BB.
    I'm in downtown Chicago....1xEVfull bars.....
    Feel like its not configured right or something.
    Any thoughts?
    11-26-08 12:30 PM
    Is the browser cache full? Are you trying to load the full website of CB an not the wap version.??
    11-26-08 12:33 PM
    Set image quality to low...on a device this small that's all you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:56 PM
    Is the browser cache full? Are you trying to load the full website of CB an not the wap version.??
    Good questions bro....
    I assume the wap version option is in browser options? ....I DO like looking at dsktop versions tho as I've come from the iPhone , but I'll check that out
    Thanks
    11-26-08 12:59 PM
    Change your browser preferences to emulate firefox.....
    11-26-08 01:02 PM
    do you have Javascript on as well . . . I think that will kill performance . . . as a test I just got to the forum in 9 seconds.
    11-26-08 01:02 PM
    Thanks, sincerely for the suggestions!
    11-26-08 01:04 PM
    do you have Javascript on as well . . . I think that will kill performance . . . as a test I just got to the forum in 9 seconds.
    WHAT???!!!...from the browser home page?
    11-26-08 01:06 PM
    WHAT???!!!...from the browser home page?
    how long from the home browser page to dwnld the crackberry main site/?
    11-26-08 01:08 PM
    how long from the home browser page to dwnld the crackberry main site/?
    From the Blackberry broswer - With a bookmark with Browser ID set as Internet Explorer, and Javascript disabled...70 seconds from clicking the bookmark from the home page to fully loaded - done.

From Opera Mini - 15 seconds.

Quite a difference.
    Last edited by Habious; 11-26-08 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added Opera Mini time
    11-26-08 01:40 PM
    Try and load Opera 4.2 and see the difference. It's unreal. Faster than my iPhone on my WiFi at home... by a LOT.
    11-26-08 01:42 PM
    With a bookmark with Browser ID set as Internet Explorer, and Javascript disabled...70 seconds from clicking the bookmark from the home page to fully loaded - done.
    yes, that's exactly what I get....I know crackberry is graphic heavy and all, but that is REALLY slow...
    11-26-08 01:48 PM
    It's on Verizon, that's why it's so slow. No seriously, make sure to go to wap.crackberry.com otherwise it will take a while to load. Also make sure you delete cookies and the browser cache every other day or so.
    11-26-08 01:50 PM
    It has nothing to do with that... well sometimes. I find it's the Storm Browser's difficulty with some JavaScript. I have found it to be slow and sometimes crash on sites that use JavaScript heavily. This should be on their list of priorities to fix.
    Last edited by notabun; 11-26-08 at 01:53 PM.
    11-26-08 01:51 PM
    opera is loading pages faster but there's still much to be desired vs.features of bb browser.
    11-26-08 01:54 PM
    Ahhh . . I should have noted that was for the WAP site - but yes . . click bookmark 9.2 seconds. As a further test . . . I will go to the full foxnews site . . . 16.3 seconds from bookmark with JS turned off.
    11-26-08 01:55 PM
    opera is loading pages faster but there's still much to be desired vs.features of bb browser.
    Oh yeah no doubt. It's a great demo of how fast EVDO Rev A is though. Too bad the onboard browser isn't that fast.
    11-26-08 01:56 PM
    Good questions bro....
    I assume the wap version option is in browser options? ....I DO like looking at dsktop versions tho as I've come from the iPhone , but I'll check that out
    Thanks
    The wap version is accessed by typing in wap.crackberry.com to the address bar. No browser options necessary!
    11-26-08 01:58 PM
    It has nothing to do with that... well sometimes. I find it's the Storm Browser's difficulty with some JavaScript. I have found it to be slow and sometimes crash on sites that use JavaScript heavily. This should be on their list of priorities to fix.
    Yes, this is the proverbial "weak link". It's being addressed, but don't expect a miracle.

The wap version is accessed by typing in wap.crackberry.com to the address bar. No browser options necessary!
    Right, when you go to wap.crackberry.com it will take you to the forum index. The CB wap site should load very very fast as it's specifically for mobile devices.
    11-26-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD