Purchased my storm on the 21st like most everyone here did. From the start, I had major issues with the SIM card working, then not working, working, then not working. I've reset the card but still a no go.

Phone would freeze up at multiple times (camera, video, settings,etc.). Video was the worse. Froze up mutliple times and required battery pull.

I returned the BB to the store and Verizon stated the storm must be defective because they called every customer to verify they were all happy witht he storm (now thats a nice full of crap line).

Received my second storm and still having all the same freeze issues and required battery pull.

Now, in regards to function, the email attachment issue is terrible. I'm using the destktop redirector and I am receiving emails. What could be the problem? I can't open any of the attachments (.doc, .pdf and .wav). Everytime it stated it can't open them.

This is the worse device I have owned in regards to working as a business, this is why I'm going back to my Treo. ****, I might have to reset my Treo from time to time, but I have direct access into my exchange server, I can open all my attachments and yes, its a POS, but it's a working POS.

The Storm isn't ready for market and even with updates, the device doesn't deserve the name of BlackBerry. I've owned the iphone and the iphone is 100 % better than the storm. One the Storm, the web browsing is really a piece of crap.
    11-25-08 11:52 AM
    My storm kept freezing up as well. I used desktop manager to reinstall the OS and it seems to work fine now.

Why/how were you using the SIM? On another network?
    11-25-08 11:55 AM
    I agree.. people who "truely" like the Storm are fanbois. It's got major problems and was rushed to market.

The slow/laggyness of the screen, the fact that they FORCE you to click in on the screen.. (you should have the option to turn that crap off)..

My next complain is the huge gap around the screen.. that is an entryway for dirt, lint, makeup and other foreign objects.. i see many MANY returns because of that gap.
    11-25-08 11:57 AM
    Didn't mean the actual sim for the phone service, but the memory card.
    11-25-08 11:58 AM
    i think you acted rather impuslively... at least wait for the update as it sounds like most of your issues were software related. funny you say that the storm isnt ready even with software updates... i mean the iphone was rock solid on release right?
    11-25-08 12:00 PM
    The major reason beside the random freeze and slowenss, is it's email issue. If I can't open my attachments and use them, then the phone is worthless.
    11-25-08 12:00 PM
    i love mine, wasnt so sure about it at 1st but now that im getting used to it its great. I havent had the probs ur talking about, that really sucks! i dont know why some work great and others suck!?
    11-25-08 12:01 PM
    being forced to click on the screen was always touted as its big "feature". if you didnt expect youd have to click on the screen, why did you even buy it? If its not for you thats fine too.

We also knew about the gap going into it (well if you didnt know / do any research I can see that coming as a suprise).

Now I can understand the software issues. For me, I came from a moto Q so its plenty fast / works great IMO. I am sorry it hasnt worked out for you, if the Treo IS a better solution for you, by all means go back to it Everyone seems to be pretty confident that an update will fix the majority of the software issues (always are with a new device). Go back to your old phone and maybe try this one again once updates have been released
    11-25-08 12:02 PM
    i think you acted rather impuslively... at least wait for the update as it sounds like most of your issues were software related. funny you say that the storm isnt ready even with software updates... i mean the iphone was rock solid on release right?

I have had the iphone but went back to my Treo because I dropped the iphone and the screen broke. If it wasn't for that, I would continue to use it. I had the original iphone and loved it from the start. Everything worked from the go without any issues. I can't speak about the 3G because I heard a lot of issues with it.

I can't affored to wait for an update because I have a new service contract with the storm. I changed from ATT to verizon. I have 30 days that if I don't like the service and device, I can break my contract. To use my Treo and continue being able to work while on the road, I have to go back to ATT.
    11-25-08 12:02 PM
    iphone is a pos i came from a htc xv6800 and ive used the new touch pro this blackberry is gr8 this is my first blackberry ever and i do not have any lag whatsoever
    11-25-08 12:04 PM
    Please don't see me as a blackberry hater because I actually like most BB devices, but as a business device, the storm isn't ready. As a business owner who relies on his phone most of the day, if the device doesn't do the most basic function in regards to email attachments, the device doesn't do its job.

As for the phone itself, its not a bad device and with updates, it could be a GREAT device.

In regards to click function, never complained about it. I actually like the click to type function. That is pretty cool. portrait mode kinda sucks, but man, i can fly in landscape.
    11-25-08 12:05 PM
    being forced to click on the screen was always touted as its big "feature". if you didnt expect youd have to click on the screen, why did you even buy it? If its not for you thats fine too.

We also knew about the gap going into it (well if you didnt know / do any research I can see that coming as a suprise).

Now I can understand the software issues. For me, I came from a moto Q so its plenty fast / works great IMO. I am sorry it hasnt worked out for you, if the Treo IS a better solution for you, by all means go back to it Everyone seems to be pretty confident that an update will fix the majority of the software issues (always are with a new device). Go back to your old phone and maybe try this one again once updates have been released
    It's not for me.. I'm ordering them for our Exec's who want to ditch the iPhone.. I'm going to tell them that if they hate the iPhone, they are going to hate the Storm. (maybe the call dropping is why they hate the iPhone?)

In any event.. that "big" feature, they should allow us to turn that on/off in the settings.. I dont want to have to re-train my brain how to use a touchscreen when I've been using them for 5+ years. I can only fit so much in there..as I start adding, some seep's out and I forget.

In any event.. I like my iPhone.. not a fanboi by any means, iPhones have their own problems, but non so evident and annoying as this.. Try scrolling through the plain black and white (minimal color) icons on the home screen and look how SLOW that is.. Now look at the iPhone with full colored/featured icons and look how smooth the scrolling is. I'm an impatient person and watching this is like going backwards in time. Just not for me.
    11-25-08 12:08 PM
    I think this is thread number 500 talking about the same problems...
    11-25-08 12:09 PM
    Sniff,

The issue with the dropped calls on the iphone is when the roaming goes from edge to 3G. This is a known issue with all 3G devices. On the iphone you can turn off 3G and use only edge.

Now, this is the major complaint I have with my Treo because I can't force it to just edge, so I do get get about 4 dropped calls a day while driving.

I have an IT consulting company and we have advised all of our clients to stick with their present BB and not use the storm. Guess you could say that I have caused Verizon to loose around 287 storm sales. Sorry Verizon, but the device isn't ready for business users.
    11-25-08 12:13 PM
    HAHAHA!!!! Funny title! All I have to say is I owned 3 palms, two windows based, and one palm based, now a proud storm owner. Finally my phone can easily fit in my pocket and dont have to lug that huge thing around anymore. Not to mention the new palm looks like fisher price developed it and the old one was designed by leap frog. I think palm is using the same screen as the leap frog devices. My god guys get with technology. palm fell off the boat along time ago.
    11-25-08 12:13 PM
    Atleast get a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 12:17 PM
    Pretty sure the problems you are experiencing are with just you phone because I also bought the storm, started off slow and laggy, now is a lot better since i got rid of VZ navigator and VVM. Anyways I have no problems opening attachments on my emails and my phone has yet to freeze since the day I got it. But you're right the phone does have some issues that need to be worked out but that's what the software update is for. I love the phone and you should keep talking to Verizon until they give you a working device because I promise you the problems you are experiencing are only in your phone.
    11-25-08 12:24 PM
    yeah I get confused at some of the software issues. They seem sporatic because I have no issues whatsoever with email, memory card, etc. Hardware is hardware - a defective unit is just that - but on software there should be more consistency. As far as not being ready for business - I disagree - I am already receiving and sending about 100 emails a day - I edited a contract in word yesterday and I get 30 texts. I also have three movies and 150 songs on the phone. I honestly have not had any issue other than the rotation being too sensitive.
    11-25-08 12:34 PM
    It's not for me.. I'm ordering them for our Exec's who want to ditch the iPhone.. I'm going to tell them that if they hate the iPhone, they are going to hate the Storm. (maybe the call dropping is why they hate the iPhone?)

In any event.. that "big" feature, they should allow us to turn that on/off in the settings.. I dont want to have to re-train my brain how to use a touchscreen when I've been using them for 5+ years. I can only fit so much in there..as I start adding, some seep's out and I forget.

In any event.. I like my iPhone.. not a fanboi by any means, iPhones have their own problems, but non so evident and annoying as this.. Try scrolling through the plain black and white (minimal color) icons on the home screen and look how SLOW that is.. Now look at the iPhone with full colored/featured icons and look how smooth the scrolling is. I'm an impatient person and watching this is like going backwards in time. Just not for me.

I can totally understand that sentiment and where you're coming from. I do HIGHLY doubt they will make it so you can just highlight it to select it. The whole idea for the phone and this new OS is set up / optimized for highlighting and clicking. The iphone / an HTC touchscreen are the other choices if you like the big screen real estate
    11-25-08 12:39 PM
    On a lighter note, how the heck have you gotten TWO storms and I have yet to get ONE!?! Lol!
    11-25-08 12:41 PM
    I don't think it was business ready for you. But, some others yes, we all haven't experience the problem that some are posting. I love my Storm, as soon as I get a email/msg it pops up! Just converted some movies into this baby and omg... perfect.. customize ringtones, drop my music over. I dunno my memory card seems to work perfect, maybe you just got bad luck with the Storm.

Because we don't hate the storm/find it hard to use = we are fanboys, come on.. Do those who really like/love/enjoy the Storm really frustrate you that much?
    11-25-08 12:44 PM
    On a lighter note, how the heck have you gotten TWO storms and I have yet to get ONE!?! Lol!
    Houston, TX is a big place. In a 1 square mile area, we have about 10 Verizon stores.
    11-25-08 12:46 PM
    my email works fine, and i'm not having any issues opening attachments either. i've sent both excel spreadsheets (in a zipped folder) and word docs, with no problems opening or viewing them.
    11-25-08 12:46 PM
    Please don't see me as a blackberry hater because I actually like most BB devices, but as a business device, the storm isn't ready. As a business owner who relies on his phone most of the day, if the device doesn't do the most basic function in regards to email attachments, the device doesn't do its job.

As for the phone itself, its not a bad device and with updates, it could be a GREAT device.

In regards to click function, never complained about it. I actually like the click to type function. That is pretty cool. portrait mode kinda sucks, but man, i can fly in landscape.
    this device isn't aimed at the business segment. it's a consumer product for all the kids to have the coolest phone among their friends. considering you called a memory card a SIM card...
    11-25-08 12:47 PM
    this device isn't aimed at the business segment. it's a consumer product for all the kids to have the coolest phone among their friends. considering you called a memory card a SIM card...
    The phone IS aimed at the business segment, otherwise it wouldn't be a blackberry
    11-25-08 12:50 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD