Because if your on CB, everything they are telling you its like you have to play dumb like you dont know what they are talking about and that you are learning something new. Especially when the dude was teaching me how to Get data from my old phone to the replacement Using DM with the new 5.0. I dont want to say "Oh yeah I know ive been running 5.0 for about 2 months already"

I went into a smaller verizon store before that one, and I asked the lady "When is" and she finished my sentence "storm 2 coming out?".

"I dont know I dont know, probably December Ok?" and then started talking on her landline phone.

Im thinking there is no way in HLL that that phone is coming out in December. Are they lieng, or do you guys REALLY not know until the day off. Im not doubting you if its true, but its just really shocking since other reps have confirmed knowing about products a week in advanced.

And then they ignore the fact that a press release came out stating in two days. Are they really learning stuff from us? Do they really not know?

Im sure some reps can answer this.
    10-26-09 01:45 PM
    Most verizon reps probably don't know, they're just working for a paycheck at the end of teh day. I worked at countless places where people would tell me new things about the place I worked and ask me for more info about it and I'd be like..."Huh? Really? Oh, wow, I hadn't heard about that...." :-P

And honestly, I never cared to learn anything about it anyway. When I call a verizon rep for answers I usually call again with the same question because I know I"ll get two different answers then I decide where to take it from there...
    10-26-09 02:20 PM
    Your right, I just called again and a rep confirmed the 28th.
    10-26-09 05:08 PM
    Again, my roommate works at Corp for VZW where CS is located in Michigan and 95% of time her info is whacked. I don't go by her word concerning anything BB related. And she's been there 3 years as a senior rep who also handles tech/BB calls! Unbelievable!!!
    She always has to call me for info about Blackberries; even at work!!!
    Last edited by decolur455; 10-26-09 at 07:18 PM.
    10-26-09 07:16 PM
    I was picking up a replacement today, and the Rep helping me said they were getting the Storm2 on 10/28 without blinking.

Of course we were discussing the Storm 2 date because she said a new update was coming for the Storm 1 beyond the one that just came out. When I asked about that, expecting to hear about some issues with .328 or something, she said well when the storm 2 comes out, the 2 devices use the same software, so teh Storm 1 will get an update.

...and these are the folks who support these devices!!!

Oh Well.
    10-26-09 07:36 PM
    Again, my roommate works at Corp for VZW where CS is located in Michigan and 95% of time her info is whacked. I don't go by her word concerning anything BB related. And she's been there 3 years as a senior rep who also handles tech/BB calls! Unbelievable!!!
    She always has to call me for info about Blackberries; even at work!!!
    embarrasing, well maybe she doesnt work on that end of things.
    10-26-09 08:12 PM
    Yesterday, when I asked how long the $49 bogo on the Storm would last, I was told by the VZN rep, that the Storm was not a recommended phone and that they had a lot of problems with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD