This has been discussed here and there.

I have been asking the following question. Unlike with the iPhone, I cannot use Vonage Mobile on my Blackberry using Wi-Fi; Is this a Blackberry technical issue (?) or a Vonage business issue?.

This is the response that I got from VonTechMgr on the Vonage forum in topic titled "Vonage Mobile Provides International Calling at Low Rates through Wi-Fi and Cellular Networks"

"RIM is not allowing developers to access areas in the code that would enable VoIP over the WiFi connection. They say this is a restriction due to contracts between RIM and the cell service providers. I do not even believe the Skype app was ever released that works over Blackberry WiFi but I could be wrong.
    There are many Blackberry forums and other 3rd party sites that talk about this."

I tried to post a link to the Vonage Forum, but, I was prevented by the messaging software on this site.

From this, it looks like it may be a long wait for VOIP on Blackberry.
    10-29-09 08:49 PM
    the vonage person was truthful with you.. it has nothing to do with them its all RIM.. do a search in the forum for VoIP and you will see this.
    11-12-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD