I've had four or five random reboots since I first got my Storm a few weeks ago. Most common cause seems to be a bug when I'm in the middle of composing and email or web browsing and receive a new email. Having had WM before, I wouldn't mind so much (since I haven't tried upgrading my OS yet), but it takes so redicufiriggindiculously long to reboot.

What gives? Is it normal behavior for this thing to take 5-10 mins to reboot or is it just me?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to have Verizon send me a new one (especially since I zagg skinned it already.)
    02-08-09 09:24 PM
    Yup, that's pretty normal. I noticed when I updated to .99 (from .75), rebooting is a bit quicker.
    Last edited by thekC; 02-08-09 at 09:28 PM.
    02-08-09 09:25 PM
    Normal....

I wouldn't expect a swap to change anything.... It has to load everything up it takes time... mostly blackberries have so much memory. Do you have allot of applications installed? It will have to load those up as well....
    02-08-09 09:27 PM
    I've had four or five random reboots since I first got my Storm a few weeks ago. Most common cause seems to be a bug when I'm in the middle of composing and email or web browsing and receive a new email. Having had WM before, I wouldn't mind so much (since I haven't tried upgrading my OS yet), but it takes so redicufiriggindiculously long to reboot.

What gives? Is it normal behavior for this thing to take 5-10 mins to reboot or is it just me?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to have Verizon send me a new one (especially since I zagg skinned it already.)
    Zagg has free replacement.
    02-08-09 09:28 PM
    I called Verizon about this same issue. They replaced it no questions asked. So far I haven't had one reboot in 2-3 weeks.
    02-08-09 09:44 PM
    .99 reboot is super fast compared to .65 and .75!
    02-08-09 09:58 PM
    How do you tell which software version you have?
    02-08-09 10:05 PM
    Options > About
    02-08-09 10:07 PM
    Options > About

I like

Backspace (held) then Left upper right screen click, then right upper screen click, left upper right screen click, then right upper screen click

02-08-09 10:10 PM
    I like

Backspace (held) then Left upper right screen click, then right upper screen click, left upper right screen click, then right upper screen click

Man, I read that the other day here and totally forgot it. Thanks.
    02-08-09 10:12 PM
    I have .75... what is major difference with .99?
    02-08-09 10:25 PM
    You don't have to click the screen to do this- just touch it lightly.
    02-08-09 10:33 PM
    A lot.....75 is the last official Os. 99 is a leaked unofficial OS.
    Search and read all about it, and make sure you are capable of handling any problems you may encounter if you decide to use it.
    Download at your own risk
    02-08-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD