When you go to Europe and roam in their networks, you'll see 3G. But on CDMA networks, you'll see 1XEV.
    05-16-09 10:35 AM
    Yes, 1XEV is the Verizon way of saying 3G.
    The storm, however, does not get 3G speed.
    LOL .... you are too funny. 3G is a representation of generations, not speed. If you want to say that the max speed from HSDPA network has the potential of faster speeds then the REV A networks, fine. But 3G is an acronym for 3 (Third) Generation which both networks are the third generation of their type.

As far as searching, just read my signature for my thoughts on the subject as they pertain to you.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 05-16-09 at 11:48 AM.
    05-16-09 11:44 AM
    "Search!!!!" (exclamation to get to 10 characters) = 11 key strokes (10 characters plus shift for the exclamation)
    Hahaha touche!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 05:25 PM
    LOL .... you are too funny. 3G is a representation of generations, not speed. If you want to say that the max speed from HSDPA network has the potential of faster speeds then the REV A networks, fine. But 3G is an acronym for 3 (Third) Generation which both networks are the third generation of their type.

As far as searching, just read my signature for my thoughts on the subject as they pertain to you.
    Oh, that's what it means? All this time I was confused by 2g then 3g and now 4g......
    I totally didn't pick up on the pattern. Thanks for pointing it out.

I suppose if I should have said something like "the storm does not attain speeds commonly associated with other blackberry's on the same 3g network"
    Anyway, semantics aside, the storm is slow.

05-16-09 05:40 PM
    i did infact search, im not new to forums, i found nothing except for people complaining about verizon. i may not have searched properly and i do apologize for that.

thank you for clarifying that for me. i was lookin for a little 3G sign next to my reception detail. mybad haa

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...-usage-219547/

Gee I wonder if this one will deteriorate as well...
    05-16-09 05:47 PM
    Oh, check this out. Since we're on the topic of speed.

"Use the search function" = 23 key strokes
    "1XEV is Verizon's 3G" = 20 key strokes

Answering the question is actually faster than being an a**hole forum elitist.

Do you need a math lesson. Last time I checked using the shift key to get caps counted as a key stroke. So hows about you add that up again?
    Last edited by paulwright1; 05-16-09 at 06:16 PM.
    05-16-09 06:14 PM
    I don't understand why people get yelled at for not using the search function. Maybe they want fresh knowledge. either answer the question or jump over it. why waist a comment by saying "use the search function next time." just ignore the question if it has been answered a million times!!! why do people have to make rude comments about this matter? i know it prevents double topics but so what? can someone please explain this to me?
    when I was new I used the search function to find out things about my storm and I spent countless hours on here going thru the information. If I can do it than so can everyone else that is new or old. It doesnt matter if you are new or old to the forums you should use the seach function if you are looking for a specific answer to a question. Every forum Ive been a part of has been the same. Search first than post if you dont find what you are looking for.
    05-16-09 06:26 PM
    I can't believe this thread lasted longer than 5 minutes....
    05-16-09 06:34 PM
    Do you need a math lesson. Last time I checked using the shift key to get caps counted as a key stroke. So hows about you add that up again?
    Last time I checked my phone capitalized words for me. It spell checks too.
    I probably could use a math lesson though, its been a while. I doubt I could even subnet without a calculator anymore.
    The smarter our devices get, the dumber we become.
    When the storm 2 comes out I might have to change my name to Corky

05-16-09 08:58 PM
    "Search!!!!" (exclamation to get to 10 characters) = 11 key strokes (10 characters plus shift for the exclamation)
    Ignoring and allowing others who are willing, to respond = 0 keystokes.
    05-16-09 09:06 PM
    Admit it...if everyone used the search before asking questions, we would all be sitting around going "Boy, Crackberry forums sure are slow tonight..."
    05-16-09 10:26 PM
    Admit it...if everyone used the search before asking questions, we would all be sitting around going "Boy, Crackberry forums sure are slow tonight..."

very true.
    05-16-09 11:30 PM
    Last time I checked my phone capitalized words for me. It spell checks too.
    I probably could use a math lesson though, its been a while. I doubt I could even subnet without a calculator anymore.
    The smarter our devices get, the dumber we become.
    When the storm 2 comes out I might have to change my name to Corky

you must have that mad special storm because mine doesnt capitalize 1XEV for me. And last time I checked neither did my laptop keyboard.
    05-16-09 11:32 PM
    The smarter our devices get, the dumber we become. When the storm 2 comes out I might have to change my name to Corky.
    LOL ..... why wait!
    05-17-09 12:56 AM
    you must have that mad special storm because mine doesnt capitalize 1XEV for me. And last time I checked neither did my laptop keyboard.
    Crap, you suck
    I think I need a reading lesson too.
    05-17-09 06:08 AM
    . This site's search returns 0 hits (that's zero, as in "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. ") when searching for the term "3G" So go easy on people you think should search first, maybe they tried and couldn't get any results.

I haven't really needed to use the simultaneous data and voice yet, but it would be nice to be able to do that.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 05-17-09 at 12:45 PM.
    05-17-09 12:39 PM
    You could always take a trip to Japan or Europe to see 3G on your phone. 1XEV=3G. AT&T phones just say 3G however, they don't say HSDPA or UMTS. I can just imagine how many confused people there would be if it did say that.
    05-17-09 12:58 PM
    . This site's search returns 0 hits (that's zero, as in "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. ") when searching for the term "3G" So go easy on people you think should search first, maybe they tried and couldn't get any results.

I haven't really needed to use the simultaneous data and voice yet, but it would be nice to be able to do that.

Try typing in "Show 3G" (with the quotation marks).
    (15 results) - pretty much all the same. Here are the 1st four.
    Do You Ever See A 3G Symbol On Your Screen?
    Should my storm display "3g" anywhere??
    3G with Verizon?
    3G or 1XEV?
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 05-17-09 at 01:39 PM.
    05-17-09 01:34 PM
    Try typing in "Show 3G" (with the quotation marks).
    (15 results) - pretty much all the same. Here are the 1st four.
    Do You Ever See A 3G Symbol On Your Screen?
    Should my storm display "3g" anywhere??
    3G with Verizon?
    3G or 1XEV?
    See, right there, a good reply, and thank you for it, and not a CB standard "stfu noob, search or die in a fire"
    05-17-09 01:50 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD