I have had my storm for quite some time now and i have yet to experience 3G. All i have seen is 1XEV and i wonder why exactly i have not seen the elusive 3G speed.

It may be my settings, but i don't know.

Thanks in advance...
    05-15-09 12:51 PM
    1XEV is 3g...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:53 PM
    Yeah. I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. I called Verizon and they explained that as long as it says 1XEV (capitalized) then that is 3G.
    05-15-09 12:56 PM
    The search function in these forums is fantastic. This question has been raised and answered many times.

05-15-09 12:58 PM
    The EVDO (Evolution, Data Optimized) standard is the third generation (3G) network system for CDMA users (eg. Verizon.)

If you see 1xev, you have Verizons 3g voice, but no data.
    If you see 1xEV, you have Verizons 3g voice, and data.
    If you see 1x, you do NOT have Verizons 3g.
    05-15-09 01:00 PM
    The Storm says "3G" ALL the time... just look on the back underneath the battery cover

1XEV is Verizon's indication of 3G by the way...
    05-15-09 01:00 PM
    Smile...ur on 3G!
    05-15-09 01:02 PM
    Wow! Elusive 3g...nice
    05-15-09 01:02 PM
    Lol I had this same question at first. Not gonna lie, I want that spiffy little 3G logo. At least its creatively designed unlike att's lol.

05-15-09 01:34 PM
    i did infact search, im not new to forums, i found nothing except for people complaining about verizon. i may not have searched properly and i do apologize for that.

thank you for clarifying that for me. i was lookin for a little 3G sign next to my reception detail. mybad haa
    05-15-09 01:51 PM
    Ive only had the logo come up once, for a few seconds in 3 months with the phone
    05-15-09 01:54 PM
    i did infact search, im not new to forums, i found nothing except for people complaining about verizon. i may not have searched properly and i do apologize for that.

thank you for clarifying that for me. i was lookin for a little 3G sign next to my reception detail. mybad haa
    Don't take it personal. It just been discussed here so many times people get irate when it keeps being asked. But at least now you know 1XEV is 3g.

Last edited by m3grady2; 05-15-09 at 02:01 PM.
    05-15-09 01:58 PM
    There is the GSM world's version of 3G (HSDPA), and the CDMA world's version of 3G (1xEV-DO). The GSM community, being the (by far) big fish in the pond (internationally, anyway), uses the term "3G" to refer to their version of 3G, as if the CDMA version didn't exist.
    05-15-09 11:36 PM
    This question was answered like a week after the storm came out. Next time use the search function

05-16-09 12:12 AM

Have you called your home service isp and asked where the elusive "broadband" logo is on your computer?

05-16-09 12:15 AM
    I don't know if there is a thread on it or not but someone should make a sticky about what the general"symbols" mean. If it wasn't for this site I would have no idea what 1XEV, 1xev, etc. meant. Or is it listed under a FAQ on here? Sorry I can't really search too good since I am on my phone.

05-16-09 12:17 AM
    The Storm says "3G" ALL the time... just look on the back underneath the battery cover

1XEV is Verizon's indication of 3G by the way...
    lol nice
    05-16-09 12:39 AM
    This question was answered like a week after the storm came out. Next time use the search function

You suck white gold! Search sucks crackberry!

05-16-09 01:23 AM
    According to Verizon's quick start manual, the 3G icon shows under the same conditions as 1XEV, except that when the 3G icon is showing, simultaneous voice and data is possible. That's a GSM thing though I guess, don't know why the manual bothered mentioning it.
    05-16-09 02:00 AM
    According to Verizon's quick start manual, the 3G icon shows under the same conditions as 1XEV, except that when the 3G icon is showing, simultaneous voice and data is possible. That's a GSM thing though I guess, don't know why the manual bothered mentioning it.
    Because it's a world phone, if you were outside the USA or anywhere that doesn't have a CDMA network you'd get 3g GSM coverage so long as you have a world plan thingamajig. 3G is just a marketing gimmick, **** even EDGE is officially classified as a 3G network, but you don't see that on your phone, just that schnazzy "OH WOWZ 3G" for UTMS/HSDPA networks. I love marketing.
    05-16-09 03:05 AM
    ROFLMAO.... Who is smarter the phone or the user??? lol... read my sig.
    05-16-09 05:07 AM
    Yes, 1XEV is the Verizon way of saying 3G.
    The storm, however, does not get 3G speed.

Showing 1XEV on a storm is like putting a rear airfoil on a Honda civic. sure it says "fast" ......but it isn't.

Oh, check this out. Since we're on the topic of speed.

"Use the search function" = 23 key strokes
    "1XEV is Verizon's 3G" = 20 key strokes

Answering the question is actually faster than being an a**hole forum elitist.

If you see someone asking a question that you have seen a hundred times in the forums, answer it. You obviously know the solution after having seen it so many times, plus it gives you the added bonus of looking like you actually know something. Total win win for everyone.
    05-16-09 06:38 AM
    The data connection is decently fast its just the slow browser software that take so long

05-16-09 08:57 AM
    Oh, check this out. Since we're on the topic of speed.

"Use the search function" = 23 key strokes
    "1XEV is Verizon's 3G" = 20 key strokes
    "Search!!!!" (exclamation to get to 10 characters) = 11 key strokes (10 characters plus shift for the exclamation)
    05-16-09 08:58 AM
    I have had my storm for quite some time now and i have yet to experience 3G. All i have seen is 1XEV and i wonder why exactly i have not seen the elusive 3G speed.

It may be my settings, but i don't know.

Thanks in advance...
    Really??? Some people need to learn how to do 2 things before they post stupid crap!!!

they need to...

1. Read the stickies!!!!

2. use the search button to see if someone else asked the same question 2000000000 times before they did because MAYBE just MAYBE someone has answered the question already in the other 2000000000 posts about it!!!!
    05-16-09 09:28 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD