Ok well in the past few days my storm has been shutting down on its own and re booting on its own through out the day, is this normal or not?
    01-17-09 11:54 PM
    Not normal but unfortunately a common problem for some.
    01-18-09 12:16 AM
    It's not supposed to happen, but it can. Are you running the most current official OS (.75)? Are you running any third party applications? If yes and no are your answers you should hard reset your device (after a backup) and if it continues look into a replacement.
    01-18-09 12:18 AM
    I recommend getting rid of it now. It seems those that have problems always have problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 07:51 AM
    Not sure if this will work for you, but try going to Options -> Mobile Network -> Network Technology and change it from Global to 1XEV. I think a lot of phones have been rebooting when they try to access the SIM card when it's not activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 10:34 AM
    i have trial apps. picture caller id, aerize, and the ring and vibe app, it hasnt happened today but for like three days straight it would reboot atleast once a day. ill try to change the global setting and see if that solves the problem today.
    01-18-09 12:50 PM
    i have trial apps. picture caller id, aerize, and the ring and vibe app, it hasnt happened today but for like three days straight it would reboot atleast once a day. ill try to change the global setting and see if that solves the problem today.
    I used to have a similar problem when I was on .85...are you on that OS? Have you tried a battery pull? I'd try that before deciding to exchange it. Mine works fine now.
    01-18-09 12:54 PM
    It is common, but having said that it is still unacceptable. If you are running the .75 software (not a leaked version), I would get it replaced.
    01-18-09 02:28 PM
    running .75 the standard one that came with the phone. i figured to stay with .75 for this reason, if its going to mess up now on the standard version then the phones probably messed up to begin with.
    01-18-09 11:13 PM
    Dude dump your 3rd party apps immediately, especially if they are trial versions.

Let your storm chill 3rd party app free for a day or two and then, one at a time, reintroduce the apps allowing at least a day between installs.

This is not, AFAIK, a hardware issue but rather a software/OS issue.
    01-18-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD