Everyone has been trying to get Google maps to work on the Storm but I'm not sure why. Could someone answer these questions for me?
    How is G maps better than BBmaps?
    Does it give audio turn by turn?
    How does it compare to the Vz Navigator?
    Does it include maps for Europe, Asia etc?

Yes, I'm a BBnoob.
    Thanks
    02-18-09 11:09 AM
    Much nicer interface than BBB.

It has much more businesses, addresses, and Points of interests to search for.

Google latitude is included now.

Much faster at loading the maps. It doesn't have to sit there all day and render the maps.

You can search for something without knowing the address and it will take you there. Most of the time with BBB you need to type the address properly or it will never find it. with GMM it will fix it for you and find it.

Cons:

No turn audible turn by turn. You have to manually hit next to go to your next turn on the directions.

Doesn't have an arrow which way you are moving. BBB would have a dot for standing still and an arrow in the direction you are moving.
    02-18-09 11:15 AM
    Have you ever tried BB Maps? It's the ugliest interface I've ever seen. Google Maps is 10000x better. The only thing I wish Google Maps would show is speed like BBMaps, but oh well. New version of Google Maps (3.0.2) works with the Storm's GPS.
    02-18-09 11:23 AM
    Google maps also has satellite view, which i quite like. Also better at finding stuff. Only downside is no arrow to show which way you are going. But if you are paying attention it is pretty easy to figure out.
    02-18-09 11:27 AM
    vz nav does all of that as well. and for $10.00/month (i usually only enable it when im travelling, then deal with prorated charges) its not bad.
    02-18-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD