I read all these threads about the differnt OS's and i'm confused how everyone seems to have differnt problems with a particular OS. Why do some say 103 is the best and others say its no good and they go back to 99 or the hybrib works really well for some and not at all for others? it seems strange the varying results of each of these OS's. Any thoughts as to why that is?
    02-15-09 11:01 PM
    I think that people are just diffrent and expierence diffrent things. Some complain about some issues, while others might have them to, and not complain about them. Kind of a trial and error thing. Just like Computer users. Me and someone else might have the same exact specs and computers, give me an hour with mine, and It will be completely diffrent then theirs. All users abilitys. Just a part of my opinion.
    02-15-09 11:04 PM
    True, but things like batterys draining and constant rebooting are differnt than someone saying the color depth isn't as good or the browser is 5x faster.

Color and speed are a perception where as battery drain, reboots can be measured.
    02-15-09 11:16 PM
    Could depend a lot on 3rd party apps. Hard to get accurate results on things with all the 3rd party apps installed.
    02-15-09 11:28 PM
    I agree with you stikemup, a lot weighs on the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:47 AM
    Unique bugs that I've seen have been install errors, which I've fixed by reverting to an older OS and then reinstalling the new one.

And as for battery life, I'm pretty sure the install process blows away the charge calibration data, resulting in incorrect readings until the device runs through a charge cycle or two.
    02-16-09 01:09 AM
    Different people have different intelligence levels.
    02-16-09 01:44 AM
    One thing I have noticed is my Storm runs much slower with lots of "hourglass" issues when i have another theme loaded. Not even running, just loaded.
    02-16-09 01:58 AM
    I agree, much weight on the apps. When Im online with instango, my battery drowns within 8h, without it lasts two days. Also the signal quality is reliable for battery drowning. If youre in an area with bad access, your battery will drown faster. And the browser could be lag, if youre in a cell with high data transport through other customers, your browser will slow down, because every single cell has a limited backbone.
    02-16-09 03:21 AM
    If the apps were the reason ppl come up with different results then shouldn't wipe installs all be the same? I also wondered why there's such different results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by debitsohn; 02-16-09 at 11:43 AM. Reason: sp error
    02-16-09 05:38 AM
    I think, theres a registry like on PC. By wiping you clean yours reg. Without wiping, there are parts, wich still run in background.
    02-16-09 06:07 AM
    This link is a slight twist on your question....might provide some insight as to why Storms behave differently:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/wt...ame-os-158230/
    02-16-09 06:17 AM
    My battery life improved when I changed from global to 1xEV under my network options.
    02-16-09 07:38 AM
    everyone has something different on there phone
    02-16-09 07:35 PM
    well i"m still using offcial .75 and was going to upgrade to .103 yesterday when my replacement phone came. But when i opened the box and found a refurb that was a complete peice of **** i called VZW and raised ****. Another one will be here today.
    02-17-09 05:09 AM
    I agree that everyone is different. I am pretty proficient with technology, I have always loaded betas on my other bb's but with this storm, the 103 is a POS. I have tweaked and worked with setting, changed things, don't load a ton of programs, etc. The thing freezes a couple times a day, easy. .75 that came on the device was working fine, slow in spots, but I didnt have this crap.
    02-17-09 07:24 AM
    I too wonder about this. I did a thread on an email and photo problem with .103 and apparently I was the only one with this problem. The memory card pictures could not be used for wallpaper, and I could not send email pictures from it.

I'm thinking about the Hybrid, going back to .75 is just so slow....
    02-17-09 08:32 AM
    well i"m still using offcial .75 and was going to upgrade to .103 yesterday when my replacement phone came. But when i opened the box and found a refurb that was a complete peice of **** i called VZW and raised ****. Another one will be here today.
    No offense, but what does this have to do with the thread's topic? sounds more like a rant.
    02-17-09 08:48 AM
    This question had to be asked??

[bangs head against brick wall]
    02-17-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD