Been reading all over about how people like the Curve more and am thinking if I should have looked deeper into the differences between the two...I am happy with my Storm so far but have been hearing so much anti-Storm stuff on these forums...I don't know!

So, what don't you like about the Curve that makes the Storm superior? Not exactly a heavy rant but this is the place for people's complaints...
    01-26-09 08:47 PM
    In my opinion, the decision is to eaches own. Everyones opinion will be different, some will like the new touch screen, some will like the "more stable OS" of the curve, some like the actual keyboard, some like the virtual one.

it really comes down to what meets your needs and what you enjoy the most.

i am extremely satisfied with my curve.

thats my $.02 atleast.
    01-26-09 08:51 PM
    There is already a thread similiar to this one so please post there. Here's a link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tho...ght=hate+curve
    01-26-09 08:58 PM
    i believe this has the potential to be a bit different, as he is asking the difference between the two and trying to figure it all out, not just bash the curve, as that other forum does.
    01-26-09 09:01 PM
    I don't like the Curve for 2 reasons, one of which kept me from getting a 'berry till the Storm:

1) Physical keyboards. I had a Helio Ocean for a time. As far as physical keyboards go, that was the best I could tolerate. I'm done with keyboards. If it has a keyboard, it better have a 17" screen like my laptop.

2) And the reason why I went 'berry-less for so long... I'm a Trekkie but I never had ANY desire to have a tricorder. I never liked the form-factor and styling of 'berries. My phone isn't just a communication device, its part of my style as well.
    01-26-09 10:06 PM
    I prefer the look of the OS on the storm over the one on the curve. The nice big icons make it easier to find things.
    01-26-09 10:21 PM
    The Curve is stable.....

...but so is a black and white Nokia from 1996.

It's outdated......
    01-26-09 11:49 PM
    Its 2+ year old technology..nuff said.

If ALL you care about is email/txting sure why not. It is far from being a multimedia powerhouse that can grow with you in the future. It is already yesterdays news and will not have much progress in the way of innovation in the future as people will be paying attention to the bold/storm/8900
    01-26-09 11:56 PM
    The Curve is stable.....

...but so is a black and white Nokia from 1996.

It's outdated......
    +1

Its 2+ year old technology..nuff said.

If ALL you care about is email/txting sure why not. It is far from being a multimedia powerhouse that can grow with you in the future. It is already yesterdays news and will not have much progress in the way of innovation in the future as people will be paying attention to the bold/storm/8900
    +10000

had the curve just been released...i would have bought it, its really an aweseome phone and there is nothing wrong with it. But i love the storm...i like that it has world capabilities and many more capabilites then the curve. Its newer and sleaker. The curve is great, but the storm is better IMO
    01-27-09 12:00 AM
    I never liked the idea of the keyboard being right there on the front of the phone...it's why the Storm is the first Blackberry I have owned. I avoided the Moto Q for the same reason, even though my friend (who manages a Verizon Reseller) offered me an extra one he had for free.
    01-27-09 12:05 AM
    My phone isn't just a communication device, its part of my style as well.
    Says a lot about how vested you are in this thing. I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings while I was pointing out some of the Storm's and RIM shortcomings with the device...
    01-27-09 01:41 AM
    Says a lot about how vested you are in this thing. I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings while I was pointing out some of the Storm's and RIM shortcomings with the device...
    Yep. The same shortcomings that happened on the iPhone, every Palm device, every HTC device, every WinMo device, and every RIM device. NORMAL RELEASE BUGS!!!! Even your precious Curve had bugs. The 8310 STILL has bugs! Curves are whack. You know it.
    01-27-09 02:06 AM
    It's old.

10char
    01-27-09 07:42 AM
    Since it's old, doesn't that make it wiser? lol.

If I wasn't a sucker for the "next best thing", you can bet your bottom dollar I would of stuck with my 8703e. Not only was it a workhouse that just plain WORKED, it was tough, you could drop it with barely a worry and the trackwheel would take years to wear out. You can't say the same for these new trackballs, that crap out any chance it gets (including the curve). I hope the trackballs on the 89xx are much more durable than the white trackballs which get dirty and grimy quickly.
    01-27-09 08:02 AM
    Since it's old, doesn't that make it wiser? lol.

If I wasn't a sucker for the "next best thing", you can bet your bottom dollar I would of stuck with my 8703e. Not only was it a workhouse that just plain WORKED, it was tough, you could drop it with barely a worry and the trackwheel would take years to wear out. You can't say the same for these new trackballs, that crap out any chance it gets (including the curve). I hope the trackballs on the 89xx are much more durable than the white trackballs which get dirty and grimy quickly.
    I'm going to rise above the fray and not bash a device I don't own out of sheer jealousy (like, you know, well, never mind, you read these forums to )

The Curve is great. Solid, reliable. But it's just not groundbreaking.

It's not the newest, latest thing. And I can understand why people who bought it just 6 months ago (and as such, are saddled with it for the next 18 months) may feel the need to lash out now that Verizon offers a newer, hotter, and highly-buzzed product.
    01-27-09 08:10 AM
    I'm going to rise above the fray and not bash a device I don't own out of sheer jealousy (like, you know, well, never mind, you read these forums to )

The Curve is great. Solid, reliable. But it's just not groundbreaking.

It's not the newest, latest thing. And I can understand why people who bought it just 6 months ago (and as such, are saddled with it for the next 18 months) may feel the need to lash out now that Verizon offers a newer, hotter, and highly-buzzed product.
    Yeah, device bashing is sad. I know we are passionate about them but at the end of the day it's still a phone. I personally liked the Storm but I could not deal with it's deficiencies at the time. I use my blackberry to run 3 of my design/development companies and when it would reboot due to too much text input it had to go back. The Curve is definitely no wower (got a iPhone for my fun phone...lol) but it gets my business done :-). And even a year since it's been out it's still buggy on 4.5 but it's bugs are more manageable. But like I said, we all have blackberries so why have these device series turf wars? Let's be BBM buddies and talk Blackberry!
    01-27-09 08:19 AM
    Yeah, device bashing is sad. I know we are passionate about them but at the end of the day it's still a phone. I personally liked the Storm but I could not deal with it's deficiencies at the time. I use my blackberry to run 3 of my design/development companies and when it would reboot due to too much text input it had to go back. The Curve is definitely no wower (got a iPhone for my fun phone...lol) but it gets my business done :-). And even a year since it's been out it's still buggy on 4.5 but it's bugs are more manageable. But like I said, we all have blackberries so why have these device series turf wars? Let's be BBM buddies and talk Blackberry!
    Absolutely, as much as I enjoy my Storm, I have no problem admitting it isn't 100% reliable. (Although I will give it this. I was recently involved in an incident where I needed to call 911 three times in a span of 30 minutes. It came through when I needed it the most. Not bad. I've had fairly few issues of reliability with it but there have been times I've lost calls or whipped it out of my holster only to have it crash on me)

But for my recreational needs, a Storm is just perfect. It's new, I can live with the growing pains, and it looks awesome (subjective I know)

If I'm making a living off my phone, then yes, I will concede that perhaps the Storm isn't 100% ready to serve as a primary device in that role. Although I'm sure there are those that will disagree
    01-27-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD