02-15-09 09:52 AM
51 123
tools
    I'm sorry, but how old are you?
    Bingo.......
    02-14-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah exactly...which is why my location shows Chicago.

I give up. Most of you guys have probably never even phathomed the idea of investing in a company anyways. It's like talking to children.
    Phathomed? No I have never done that. What does it mean?
    02-14-09 03:09 PM
    Phathomed? No I have never done that. What does it mean?
    Case in point. You probably think "phathom" has something to do with an opera.
    02-14-09 03:11 PM
    Yeah exactly...which is why my location shows Chicago.

I give up. Most of you guys have probably never even phathomed the idea of investing in a company anyways. It's like talking to children.
    I have gone through every single one of your posts, and although they seem like perfect ideas, they are the most uneducated posts.

Blackberry already has there own forums. So whoever wants to contribute directly to RIM and there developers can do so over there. RIM has no reason to interfere with CB. Sponsoring Crackberry would be like adding more icing to an already iced cake.

You don't see Apple sponsoring MacRumors, you don't see Microsoft Sponsoring other fan websites. Thats just not how things roll. Maybe they can partner with them based on Crackberrys store but theres no way they are gonna sponsor them. Thats just now how it works

by the way, if you insist on talking to users the way you keep talking to them, your gonna get nowhere. Were all friends here buddy. You came here with a hostile attitude so your getting one back.
    02-14-09 03:11 PM
    I have gone through every single one of your posts, and although they seem like perfect ideas, they are the most uneducated posts.

Blackberry already has there own forums. So whoever wants to contribute directly to RIM and there developers can do so over there. RIM has no reason to interfere with CB. Sponsoring Crackberry would be like adding more icing to an already iced cake.

You don't see Apple sponsoring MacRumors, you don't see Microsoft Sponsoring other fan websites. Thats just not how things roll. Maybe they can partner with them based on Crackberrys store but theres no way they are gonna sponsor them. Thats just now how it works

by the way, if you insist on talking to users the way you keep talking to them, your gonna get nowhere. Were all friends here buddy. You came here with a hostile attitude so your getting one back.
    To further add to your point, I do not think leaked betas would be allowed on this forum if it was RIM sponsored. If you want a RIM sponsored forum, then goto the official Blackberry forums.
    02-14-09 03:14 PM
    Case in point. You probably think "phathom" has something to do with an opera.
    ROFL!!!! The word is "fathom." Wow a little slow on the uptake there bud.

BTW, RIM already has INVESTED money in the Blackberry.com web site where their presence is KNOWN and where they have their own forums where employees attached to RIM post. Pretty simple.

Seek a clue.
    Last edited by BAN5150; 02-14-09 at 03:17 PM.
    02-14-09 03:15 PM
    Do you use the forums on Blackberry.com?
    02-14-09 03:17 PM
    Let's get something straight... Not only am I a BB user, I invest heavily in RIM. I'm a screen writer. My customers are heads of studios that don't need forums to interact with me. Don't even try to pull that BS.

I'm trying to help the community and you're attempting to rip on me?? Get real buddy.
    "Hello, Massengale. Yeah, I think I found your missing d-bag." [line goes dead]

"Hello, Massengale. Sorry we got disconnected. My Storm froze so I had to do a battery pull. Anyway, your missing d-bag can be found at crackberry.com under the alias 312."
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 02-14-09 at 03:22 PM.
    02-14-09 03:18 PM
    Do you use the forums on Blackberry.com?
    Yes I do. That's the OFFICIAL web site where I would expect to find OFFICIAL comments from RIM employees.

You're clear on how to spell "fathom" now right? Just want to make sure, you seem very confused and not just about how to spell.
    02-14-09 03:19 PM
    idk if it was mentioned cause i skipped t he 2ne page but palm is very heavily involved with their customers lately. they talk on twitter and facebook. and answer questions and give tips.

so the excuse that big companies have better things to do or anything like that, doesnt fly imo.
    02-14-09 03:33 PM
    Hmmm... Have the RIM developers hang out chatting on Crackberry all day or actually work on developing the OS... They're both such good choices.
    02-14-09 03:34 PM
    After reading all your posts in this thread 312. I am not impressed. To think that it is not possible for Rim to look at this forum is absurd. To put themselves at the forefront and stand an be counted just to listen to people like yourself flame them not to mention be subject to the barage of complaints generated from Leaked OS's that we as the public should not even have access to, simply amazes me. Why would they want to subject themselves to questions from people that cant read the owners manual. If you do not like the product then return it, that is your right as a consumer. We are lucky enough to have access to these beta's and they are making improvements! I for one feel priviledged to be apart of it.

I am sick and tired of hearing what people think they are entitled to. Go buy something else if you dont like it.
    02-14-09 04:00 PM
    Think about it this way... After writing a first draft of a screenplay do you make edits? Do you fix ALL the mistakes in the next rewrite along with adding to it? Normally you would have more then one rewrite wouldn't you? Criticizing beta OS is like me criticizing you for only fixing spelling errors after you first rewrite. It doesn't make sense.

If you want to complain about stuff then complain about something that makes sense(like releasing the phone before it was ready). The betas from what I could see are not complete rewrites of the OS each time. It looks like they try to fix a portion each time they code it, and then when they come to an acceptable build its Released(not leaked like the betas) to the public. Think of someone releasing rewrites of your screenplay and tell me if you would want to be criticized for something that wasn't suppossed to see the light of day to begin with.
    02-14-09 04:25 PM
    It is likely that some from RIM may visit this site. But I think that it is unlikely that they gain much useful information here concerning the engineering aspects of the firmware. I am sure that virtually all the bugs we see in unreleased versions are well known to them.
    02-14-09 04:44 PM
    Think about it this way... After writing a first draft of a screenplay do you make edits?
    He obviously did no edits on his blockbuster, Three Amigos.
    02-14-09 04:57 PM
    Can we all just agree that, at least on this particular subject, 312 is an !diot not deserving of our attention? Probably another one of those people who thinks we should sue RIM because the Storm didn't prevent them from getting a papercut from a screenplay printout.

I still never cease to be amazed just how obsessed some people are with their cell phones. It's just a cell phone. To borrow a phrase for a similar situation: It's time to cut the apron strings.

In another life, I worked in a fast food chain, and was similarly befuddled over how upset people would get over some greasy hamburger they paid maybe $1.50 for. I mean really, what did they expect, fine dining in a 5 star restaurant? To get a device like most people seem to think the Storm is supposed to be, you'd be paying a lot more than $500 after the carrier subsidized the bejesus out of the price. I don't know exactly when it is we collectively forgot that quality tends to cost money, but it seems high time we relearn this little fact. Things weren't made better back in the 70s, it's just you only see those things that have survived to this day, not the mounds of junk filling landfills everywhere from the same era. Those things that have survived 20-30 years probably cost quite the pretty penny back in the day, while the millions of cheap transistor radios are slowly oxidizing in dumps everywhere.

For a $500 device, the Storm is an amazing bit of engineering. I won't even pretend I understand half of what is involved in designing something like the Storm, but I know enough to be left in awe. I mean really... Show of hands here. Who here understands the base theory behind radio communication? Do you even know the difference between frequency and amplitude? How many understand how you turn an electronic signal into sound from a speaker? How many of you even understand how batteries store energy at a basic level? Let's go even more basic... Who here can handle a soldering iron? How many even know what a soldering iron is, or could tell the difference between a resistor and a capacitor?

The Storm is a bargain basement steal at $500 when you consider everything that has to come together to make even the most basic functions happen. But of course if you think you can do better, by all means, let's see. If you can build a better Storm-like device that can sell for less than $500US, I don't think it's a stretch to think that every cell phone producer in the world will be all but literally throwing big piles of cash at you to come work for them. Who knows, maybe they will literally be throwing big bags of money at you. Until such time that you can come up with a working prototype cell phone, you'll forgive me if I don't take you too seriously when you start saying what a piece of junk the Storm is, etc, etc.
    02-14-09 05:00 PM
    I mean...WE are the ones buying and using the phones, and I'd guess between CB users and the users that never have even BEEN to a forum- WE are the most intensive on the phones.

Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to interact with US? Are there even any programmers on this forum from RIM on here????
    Considering you are not supposed to install the beta and it's not for public use, you don't really have a stake in this. RIM does not release any betas. Nor should they be required to frequent any forum. That said, people do check out this forum. But they will never tell you who they are. And shouldn't.
    02-14-09 05:37 PM
    Considering you are not supposed to install the beta and it's not for public use, you don't really have a stake in this. RIM does not release any betas. Nor should they be required to frequent any forum. That said, people do check out this forum. But they will never tell you who they are. And shouldn't.
    Well said CX!

Besides, if you really want to contact BB with suggestions or questions, go to BB's official site, or go through your carrier.
    02-14-09 05:57 PM
    At any rate, if they did tell us who they are they'd probably get stalked by some of the people in this forum. Heck, if I was a programmer I wouldn't tell anyone. Better to listen to what people are saying and implement the best suggestion in the background without anyone knowing.
    02-14-09 09:41 PM
    i wonder what happened to 312
    02-14-09 09:44 PM
    I guess RIM would be the celebrity when in public and "we" are the paparazzi. now how horrible would that be?
    02-15-09 06:21 AM
    Let's get something straight... Not only am I a BB user, I invest heavily in RIM. I'm a screen writer. My customers are heads of studios that don't need forums to interact with me. Don't even try to pull that BS.

I'm trying to help the community and you're attempting to rip on me?? Get real buddy.
    You're showing a level of ignorance seldom displayed on this forum. Although I think your intentions are good, you could go about it a different way. I do see your point none the less, but I think that the answer is self explanatory.

If you are in screen writing you should and probably will know the way companies and their employees use to communicate across the globe in groups. Forums which are shielded. Some will make it here. Others will stay at the blackberry/rim forums, maximum.

ANd at night, after work.... look at a carpenter: he goes about his thing with wood all day. When he gets home, he will not be happy to start all over again for himself at home.

I think it would be nice to haven an open and official conduit to and from RIM but there are just too much factors to consider for RIM.

So... like I said... the answer seems to be self explanatory to me....
    02-15-09 08:26 AM
    Although I understand the initial reasoning in your post, you should at least be thankful that RIM has been working to constantly improve the OS for this phone.
    Hmmm.... bullocks...

Thats the world upside down. I agree with you on the rest but thinking like that is what has gotten us these beta products in all branches of all industries for starters. Don't defend that. Boycot it. Or at least, b*tch about it. Or you will get alpha stuff within a couple of years....
    02-15-09 08:30 AM
    I mean...WE are the ones buying and using the phones, and I'd guess between CB users and the users that never have even BEEN to a forum- WE are the most intensive on the phones.

Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to interact with US? Are there even any programmers on this forum from RIM on here????
    If I worked for RIM and read these forums it's posts like this that would keep me silent about what I did for a living.

I can just imagine the private message box in 30 minutes of declaring someone worked for RIM. It would be full of complaints and whining so fast from people like you that they would never come back in the first place.
    02-15-09 08:39 AM
    That's a poor excuse not to show presence on a forum. It's called communication through the proper channels of CrackBerry.com.
    "Proper channels"? Rofl.

Anyway, I'd be astounded if they don't have at least one guy reading these forums. Most of them probably do.
    02-15-09 09:43 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD