I mean...WE are the ones buying and using the phones, and I'd guess between CB users and the users that never have even BEEN to a forum- WE are the most intensive on the phones.

Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to interact with US? Are there even any programmers on this forum from RIM on here????
    02-14-09 02:29 PM
    They are to busy working
    02-14-09 02:31 PM
    Even if they did come here I doubt people would even believe them.
    02-14-09 02:32 PM
    Well...they are clearly missing the things that we all care about most and keep releasing these crappy betas. I realize a beta is for private use, but why release it at all if it misses the mark to begin with?
    02-14-09 02:33 PM
    Even if they did come here I doubt people would even believe them.
    That's a poor excuse not to show presence on a forum. It's called communication through the proper channels of CrackBerry.com.
    02-14-09 02:34 PM
    How do you know that they aren't?
    02-14-09 02:35 PM
    You never know who is watching this! I won't be surprise if they do be on CB!
    02-14-09 02:36 PM
    How do you know that they aren't?
    How do I know they're not making their presence known? Well...show me where they are, and then I'll know that I'm wrong.

How do we know that they are?
    02-14-09 02:36 PM
    I mean...WE are the ones buying and using the phones, and I'd guess between CB users and the users that never have even BEEN to a forum- WE are the most intensive on the phones.

Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to interact with US? Are there even any programmers on this forum from RIM on here????
    I don't get your point of "why don't they show their faces here." Why do they have to identify themselves in order for them to collect and evaluate information from the site? Or even share information as a "normal" member? Quite frankly, I suspect many users here would bombard the programmer(s) with questions and criticisms. They would be spending more time defending themselves than learning.

Out of curiosity what do you do for a living? Do you visit forums related to your company or industry? Do you identify yourself there?
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 02-14-09 at 02:47 PM.
    02-14-09 02:39 PM

Take a look at how this forum goes sometimes. I can see it now. A known RIM programmer would get endless PMs, questions and even flamed.
    02-14-09 02:41 PM
    With a $6 Billion 2008 revenue, they can afford to hire a team of 5 people at $50k a year to interact with the people that spend $200-$500 on their phones and mediate between the programmers.
    02-14-09 02:42 PM
    1) temtation of NDA breach
    2) the people who have something productive to say, although knowledgable, most likely don't have any new info that RIM doesn't already know
    3) they have their own badass forum where they talk trash about all of us CB users.
    02-14-09 02:45 PM
    It would be very unprofessional to come onto these forums and post "Hi, I am a RIM OS programmer."
    First of all, most likely nobody would believe him/her. Second of all, if people did believe him/her, they would keep begging for a new OS update or momentum scrolling. There is too much work and too little benefits involved in saying "I am a Rim OS programmer," and on top of that, they do not need to. They could just read the forums and look at opinions, and that is what they most likely do.
    02-14-09 02:46 PM
    Out of curiosity what do you do for a living? Do you visit forums related to your company or industry? Do you identify yourself there?
    Let's get something straight... Not only am I a BB user, I invest heavily in RIM. I'm a screen writer. My customers are heads of studios that don't need forums to interact with me. Don't even try to pull that BS.

I'm trying to help the community and you're attempting to rip on me?? Get real buddy.
    02-14-09 02:49 PM
    Well...they are clearly missing the things that we all care about most and keep releasing these crappy betas. I realize a beta is for private use, but why release it at all if it misses the mark to begin with?
    Where does someone even begin with this?

First, I would almost guarantee that RIM is paying very close attention to Crackberry, and other Blackberry forums. I remember back in late October - before the official release date of the Storm was released - a RIM spokesperson made reference to the hype and predictions surrounding the product on online forums. So, if they were following the product pre-Release, I'm sure they have been following it post-release as well.

Second, your reference to the betas misses the mark on multiple levels. Yes, a beta is not going to perfect. Overall, they have been a step in the right direction, regardless of some flaws. I got my Storm on 11/21, and I believe there has been significant increases from .65 to .75, and from .75 to .9x series and even .103. Although there is still work left to be done, I think it's a stretch to categorize these releases as "crappy." Also, remember the betas are not officially "released", but have been "leaked."

Finally, I think I speak for a lot of people on this forum when I say it's irritating seeing posts like this. CB is a sight for people to learn tips/tricks on how to improve their Blackberry skills, not to complain that the "leaked" OSes aren't 100% perfect. If you are unsatisfied with the phone (as many people have been), then you should return it for a phone that more appropriately suits your needs. Although I understand the initial reasoning in your post, you should at least be thankful that RIM has been working to constantly improve the OS for this phone.
    02-14-09 02:51 PM
    1) temtation of NDA breach
    2) the people who have something productive to say, although knowledgable, most likely don't have any new info that RIM doesn't already know
    3) they have their own badass forum where they talk trash about all of us CB users.
    It would be very unprofessional to come onto these forums and post "Hi, I am a RIM OS programmer."
    First of all, most likely nobody would believe him/her. Second of all, if people did believe him/her, they would keep begging for a new OS update or momentum scrolling. There is too much work and too little benefits involved in saying "I am a Rim OS programmer," and on top of that, they do not need to. They could just read the forums and look at opinions, and that is what they most likely do.
    You guys are completely missing it here. RIM should be an official sponsor here. I never said "sneak around" and breach the NDAs. I'm very familiar with what a NDA is, believe me. But what's better than getting actual feedback from the people who use the product the most??
    02-14-09 02:52 PM
    I think the real question is what makes you think RIM or its developers care about the feedback offered here. They have a pretty well-defined list of things they need to be working on, I'd imagine, and I am 100% sure that list doesn't include listening to people complain about software that they're acknowledging isn't perfect.
    02-14-09 02:52 PM
    You guys are completely missing it here. RIM should be an official sponsor here. I never said "sneak around" and breach the NDAs. I'm very familiar with what a NDA is, believe me. But what's better than getting actual feedback from the people who use the product the most??
    because there is nothing they can provide to us that isn't in the user's manual or won't come up in that snazzy yellow "search forums" link.
    think about this: "my OS is broken. fix it. but while you're at it, come browse around this forum and answer questions for n00bs that could easily read the user manual/go through the "SETUP WIZARD (*gasp*)/search google or the forums and get the same damn answers."
    02-14-09 02:55 PM
    Finally, I think I speak for a lot of people on this forum when I say it's irritating seeing posts like this. CB is a sight for people to learn tips/tricks on how to improve their Blackberry skills, not to complain that the "leaked" OSes aren't 100% perfect.
    And that's fine...don't read and/or participate in the thread then. I wasn't complaining about leaked. I am suggesting more participation on RIMs part. Only makes sense.
    02-14-09 02:55 PM
    I think the real question is what makes you think RIM or its developers care about the feedback offered here. They have a pretty well-defined list of things they need to be working on, I'd imagine, and I am 100% sure that list doesn't include listening to people complain about software that they're acknowledging isn't perfect.
    You're clearly not educated in business/financials. In an economy like we have today, ANY company should care about what EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS thinks. ESPECIALLY when people are dishing out decent money.
    Last edited by 312; 02-14-09 at 02:59 PM.
    02-14-09 02:57 PM
    It's because they're p****'s and cowards never show their faces' :-)
    02-14-09 02:59 PM
    And that's fine...don't read and/or participate in the thread then. I wasn't complaining about leaked. I am suggesting more participation on RIMs part. Only makes sense.
    I acknowledged your initial point - RIM participating this forum - but I think subsequent posts have shown sufficient reasons against it. However, when you explicitly stated the releases/leaks were "crappy", then you were complaining about the leaks.
    02-14-09 03:00 PM
    You're clearly not educated in business/financials. In an economy like we have today, ANY company should care about what EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS thinks. ESPECIALLY when people are dishing out decent money.
    you must be from california...
    02-14-09 03:06 PM
    With a $6 Billion 2008 revenue, they can afford to hire a team of 5 people at $50k a year to interact with the people that spend $200-$500 on their phones and mediate between the programmers.
    I'm sorry, but how old are you?
    02-14-09 03:06 PM
    you must be from california...
    Yeah exactly...which is why my location shows Chicago.

I give up. Most of you guys have probably never even phathomed the idea of investing in a company anyways. It's like talking to children.
    02-14-09 03:07 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD