I've seen video on my storm2 like the music video that came on the phone when it was new and video from Score Mobile...and its quite good. I wouldn't say iphone or droid good, but it was decent. So I ask why does youtube look like crap? I've tried two different you tube apps and they are both subpar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 07:38 PM
    the only thing I'd argue with you on is your comment that youtube on the iphone is only "decent". I've got a touch and professionally shot video (not the silly amateur crap) available on youtube looks fabulous. On my Storm, no matter what settings I've tried, and on a fast wifi connection, they ALL look like dog doo. (Same video files that look great on the touch.) I don't even BOTHER with youtube video on my storm any more--it's just too pathetic for me to watch.
    06-25-10 08:00 PM
    [QUOTE=dave1812;5284044]the only thing I'd argue with you on is your comment that youtube on the iphone is only "decent". I've got a touch and professionally shot video (not the silly amateur crap) available on youtube looks fabulous. On my Storm, no matter what settings I've tried, and on a fast wifi connection, they ALL look like dog doo. (Same video files that look great on the touch.) I don't even BOTHER with youtube video on my storm any more--it's just too pathetic for me to watch.[/QUOTE
    I think you misread my post. I didn't say it was decent on the iPhone and I said the video that was on the storm was decent. I think video on the iPhone and droid is quite good actually.

06-25-10 08:23 PM
    Do a quick search here and you'll find plenty of info on the topic. Without searching myself, from what I understand it has to do with the feed youtube provides for BBs.

06-25-10 08:50 PM
    [QUOTE=dsmith3427;5284105]
    the only thing I'd argue with you on is your comment that youtube on the iphone is only "decent". I've got a touch and professionally shot video (not the silly amateur crap) available on youtube looks fabulous. On my Storm, no matter what settings I've tried, and on a fast wifi connection, they ALL look like dog doo. (Same video files that look great on the touch.) I don't even BOTHER with youtube video on my storm any more--it's just too pathetic for me to watch.[/QUOTE
    I think you misread my post. I didn't say it was decent on the iPhone and I said the video that was on the storm was decent. I think video on the iPhone and droid is quite good actually.

ah, I DID misread your earlier post!
    06-25-10 09:35 PM
    Do a quick search here and you'll find plenty of info on the topic. Without searching myself, from what I understand it has to do with the feed youtube provides for BBs.

yep. Same as the Pandora app doesn't sound quite as good as on a Touch/iPhone. I emailed Pandora about that last year when I got my S1. They said they use a "low bandwidth solution" (that includes the so-called "high quality" setting) for BB. I can hear the difference.

--------
    06-25-10 09:37 PM
    You could try player for youtube it works great for me

06-25-10 10:28 PM
    yep. Same as the Pandora app doesn't sound quite as good as on a Touch/iPhone. I emailed Pandora about that last year when I got my S1. They said they use a "low bandwidth solution" (that includes the so-called "high quality" setting) for BB. I can hear the difference.

--------
    I've never listened to Pandora on a iPhone or iPod, but I've always thought it sounded great on my BB, especially when listening to it through my car stereo.

06-25-10 10:32 PM
    Sorry guys, but I really don't get what you are all complaining about. I learned long ago to ditch the apps for youtube. None of them seem to use the higher quality video you will get from m.youtube.com. Try the mobile site. It seems to work much better. There used to be an option to select HQ or standard videos. This option was given when you would search for a video, then select the title of the video (not the still image of the video). Below there would be a option for HQ. I couldn't find the option when I just checked but it still looks to me like the videos are high quality. I know the quality could be better, but not by much. Remember, you are watching a video on your phone (and the phone actually makes phone calls).
    06-25-10 11:02 PM
    I've never listened to Pandora on a iPhone or iPod, but I've always thought it sounded great on my BB, especially when listening to it through my car stereo.

I haven't listened to Pandora on Apple products either, but my Storm2 sounds great downstreaming it and Slacker through speakers, Blue Ant M1, BB Gateway on my reciever or BB 605 in car. And I'm sure Apple products speaker don't come close to the sound on a Storm, 1 or 2. They sound like crap, my uncles Evo speaker comes close but my Storm still sounds better. Awesome phone that HTC is though. I'm actually by pool having some cold ones listening to Pandora thru my M1 speaker. Didn't want turn on patio system tonight, that's for tomorrows night! My Storm2 is always the party Luke!

06-25-10 11:08 PM
    Do you have player for Youtube from Appworld by the developer SmarterApps? It plays the HQ videos and is quite nice. You can log in to see favorites, but you cannot see your subscriptions and stuff just yet, but this app has the most promise by far.
    06-25-10 11:08 PM
    Sorry guys, but I really don't get what you are all complaining about. I learned long ago to ditch the apps for youtube. None of them seem to use the higher quality video you will get from m.youtube.com. Try the mobile site. It seems to work much better. There used to be an option to select HQ or standard videos. This option was given when you would search for a video, then select the title of the video (not the still image of the video). Below there would be a option for HQ. I couldn't find the option when I just checked but it still looks to me like the videos are high quality. I know the quality could be better, but not by much. Remember, you are watching a video on your phone (and the phone actually makes phone calls).
    I agree, it has gotten a lot better viewing vids on Youtube. Was actually seeing a few last night with my daughter showing her the new Droid X coming out. Videos on youtube are way better than what I remember.

06-25-10 11:11 PM
    Phones have become more than just phones however. Also, the IPhone and Droid have much better video playback from YouTube than my Storm2 and you can make calls on those as well.
    06-26-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD