When in landscape, why does my input of #&$k (use your imagination) turn into "duck"? Is it because of the auto-text or custom dictionary functions? The reason I ask is because that term "#&$k" is not in the list of words in the auto-text list. So, why then does it change that word into something completely different? Doesn't it have to be in the list in the first place?

And am I correct that the only work-around is to put "#&$k" in the list and make it change it to "#&$k"?
    11-25-08 12:58 PM
    You posted this twice? lol..
    11-25-08 01:04 PM
    auto correct
    11-25-08 01:04 PM
    you can add any word to your custom dictionary and it'll leave you alone. i've gone through this before.
    11-25-08 01:06 PM
    can you turn 'auto correct' off?
    11-25-08 01:11 PM
    1) My first post was removed because the profanity was not hidden well enough.

2) "Auto correct." Great. That helps me a lot. Does this have something to do with "auto text"? If yes, then why is it not in the list? (Note: "auto correct" does not even appear in the user manual).

3) I know the work-around. I put it in my post. I'm asking why it corrects it if it isn't even in the list.
    11-25-08 01:12 PM
    Feel pretty passionate about be able to use profianity, heh!
    11-25-08 01:25 PM
    I hear ya OP....I hate that too! And yes I love to use that most versatile and famous of all words! lol Thx 4 posting this - I was wondering it myself!
    11-25-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD