I load music files onto my Storm. I take pictures. I take video clips. When I plug my Storm into Windows Vista to take files off of the phone - every time I do this - I notice that all the files are doubled up. There's a duplicate copy of everything - music, pictures, video, etc. Three questions:

1. Why is it doing this?

2. Is it taking up space on my media card?

3. How do I stop it from doing this?

Thanks.

Dogger Dog
    12-15-09 07:02 PM
    There is another thread about this on this page. It seems to be a bug in the .328 O.S. I find that it only happens if I add and remove files while connected to the computer. All you can do for now (I think) is to reboot your phone after you disconnect. That always fixes it for me...
    12-15-09 10:41 PM
    It may not be duplicating them. It may only look like it.

I thought mine was doing the same thing when looking at the card in Windoze file manager, so I deleted all of the duplicate songs. Then the Storm would not play any music and claimed none was there. Since it had not actually duplicated the songs, what I deleted were the original ones.

Thanks RIM! :-(
    12-16-09 01:40 PM
    Thanks guys! That helped. I deleted the "duplicates," and sure enough nothing was there after that. Probably a Winders thing...
    12-17-09 10:40 PM
    I can not believe there is still no answer to this. It started happening to me when Verizon swapped out my phone with one at their store due to a break/fix swap out.
    07-07-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD