I sign onto Outlook and all those emails I supposedly deleted are still there...
    01-30-09 03:22 PM
    does for me - I have Telus and it deletes and places it in the trash when I look at Telus's webmail version - do you have a pop mail feature with your ISP provider?
    01-30-09 03:23 PM
    yeah it works for me....maybe something wrong with your service books....try resending them
    01-30-09 03:24 PM
    What mailbox? It'll do it for some, but not others. I know it doesn't do it for gmail.
    01-30-09 03:26 PM
    I notice it rarely works the other way around on IMAP. Meaning if I delete from the mailbox, it doesn't do so on the Berry (which is a little defeating of the IMAP concept, IMO) - But haven't had any issues with device to mailbox.

@smhism, I have GMail setup through BIS and IMAP and it does delete from the mailbox for me.
    01-30-09 03:26 PM
    Mine does, and doesn't - but its working out great!
    Only my Yahoo accounts delete and my work will not no matter how hard I try - which is safer than losing contact I'll need at work later!
    01-30-09 03:28 PM
    Theres always the option in pop mail accounts(using outlook) or on the phone to leave a copy of the message on the server. If you have 2 clients example: Phone push email and Outlook on your computer. Then each client will download the same messages from the server. If you have outlook closed or your computer shut down and you choose the option to delete from handheld and mailbox then it should not download to the outlook the next time you open it up... Unless there is a setting within your pop server that doesn't accept remote delete commands.... In any case it works for me on my gmail account.
    01-30-09 03:35 PM
    I notice it rarely works the other way around on IMAP. Meaning if I delete from the mailbox, it doesn't do so on the Berry (which is a little defeating of the IMAP concept, IMO) - But haven't had any issues with device to mailbox.

@smhism, I have GMail setup through BIS and IMAP and it does delete from the mailbox for me.
    hmm. maybe i should recheck my settings then! i've had mine set up since 11/21 and it never has. hasn't really been an issue for me tho, just go in select all and either delete or check as read.
    01-30-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD