Churchill said that a fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

So any time they get a chance to throw in some MoveOn.org talking points, regardless of the topic at hand, they take it.
    It is funny how you only go to prove my point while your intent is to discredit. Not quite ironic, but it's getting there. Rather than think and speak of your own accord, you simply parrot what someone else said. And if the art of debate didn't require the very things I said were in rapid decline in this country -- critical thought and analytical skills -- you would understand that I was merely supporting my thesis with examples.

So bravo, I'm sure if Churchill were alive today, he'd be holding his head in shame knowing that people like you were quoting him.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a working design spec for a better Storm than the Storm. You've had 2-3 hours already, isn't that enough time? You'd think it'd be 5-6 hours more than you need with all the posturing and grandstanding about how RIM should have known or done this. Clearly the company is run by a bunch of escaped circus monkeys, and anyone could do better. So, let's see it! Come on, we're all dying to see what you've managed to come up with so far.
    12-16-08 02:21 PM
    I agree with the OP, and have said similarly in other threads.

I am an early adopter and always expect some problems with cutting edge technology. But this is not like buying a Mother Board and having limited BIOS options, or cruddy throughput. This is like buying a car and occasionally it will not start for 10-15 minutes in the morning. Or a nice plasma tv that on some models lose color after a week or randomly turns off.

The hardware, as we all have noted is extremely hit or miss. Some screens are too tight, some too loose, some have large gaps, some have none, some accelerometers worked out of the box, some are still too slow, some menu keys work right, others don't, most everyone's camera has tremendous lag between clicking, having the shutter react, and displaying the image (And I'm sorry - but digital cameras - even on mobile devices IS NOT NEW TECHNOLOGY).

The Op is exactly right, we have become a service economy almost 20 years ago. While much of the rest of the 'successful' world has built their economy around data management, we have built ours around CS. Yet while so much is expected of us, we allow the corporations of the world to act with no responsibility, and then when a consumer tries to hold themn to account, they use the billions of dollars they have to lobby congress and the courts to limit their damages and exposure, and develop slick media campaigns to make them look like the good sheppard. Think Goodyear/ Firestone. Think Pzizer. Think GE.

In fact, it is my contention that the OP did not go far enough. Failure to return a sub-par product, leads to lack of innovation and laziness and destroys the fabric of capitalism. It is frankly un-American to just accept crappy product rollouts.

That said my Storm is ok, most of what I don't like about it is not a hardware failure. But if it locks up one more time...
    12-16-08 02:27 PM
    Oh and to you Bigman - 1. Clearly you're not - or you wouldn't be having such a problem.

2. You sound like the Priests on tv yelling at the protestors in Boston about the Church's habit of hiding the anal rape of pre-teen boys. They were screaming, "start your own religion!!' -moronic

3. Your argument that someone on this thread should design a better Storm is fundamentally flawed. It is not our job to design or implement a Blackberry. If you want to yell at me to do a better job negotiating a commercial lease, or reviewing a title report. Ok. I'll listen. That's my job, and if I screw it up in any way - you bet your sweet bippy - I am held to account.
    12-16-08 02:32 PM
    Back on topic. TP you have had a change in attitude? Maybe I'm mistaking you for Mandrake who happily drinks the "early adopter" Kool-aid.

But I agree with your op 110%. It's really unacceptable to put up with whats going on and it does in fact send a message that it's ok.
    That is all I am trying to say..................
    But yes I am still drinking the early adopter kool-aid.
    Some people are bringing up wi-fi as well.
    Had it on my 6800 never needed it or used it.
    I'ts the little things that if people don't take a stand on.
    U have to take a stand somewhere. That is all I am trying to say.
    12-16-08 02:55 PM
    Are my posts invisible? Is this thing on? Bigman2 come on down off that pedestal before you sprain an ankle or something. You totally missed the OP's point, and came up with some rant/rave about your concerns about the state of humanity instead. The OP likes the Storm...

And I gave you 1 obvious design problem (wifi) which is a nobrainer. Off the top of my head? How bout making a phone with consistent hardware so people don't have to jam a credit card in the battery slot?

In short, take it easy... Have yourself a drink!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 02:58 PM
    I was going to post this in the Does Anyone Have A Solution For The Gap
    Around The Screen Dust Thread.................................
    If u respond or not; don't care.
    But my desire is to give you food for thought so I hope u chew on it.

Look this is coming from a person who has had a bad experience with
    Circuit City with a PC I purchased a while back a Toshiba.
    Thing kept burning out wouldn't replace it. Frustration frustration.

I understand once u get your phone working the way it is supposed to
    u don't want to change it out but pople get a grip and get real.

Let me ask you this? Would your employer put up with subpar performance
    from you? Ummmmmmmmmmmmm noooooooo.

So why on earth would put up with sub par performance from someone who works for u.
    When u buy something from a manufactuer; people that means they work
    for you; not the other way around. Lets keep things in perspective.
    So why on earth would u try and resolve issues that they should
    be working on.
    People they are not doing us a favor by making this phone we
    are doing them a favor by buying it; get it.
    Look I don't know about u; but it takes me a while
    to make $200.00.
    If dust gets under the screen; send it back.
    If a button falls off; send it back.
    If after u upgrade and u still have performance issues...............
    Guess what send it back.
    When u get your replacement and your screen click
    isn't right ummmmmmmmmmmm send it back.

Quit letting the big corporations run us around.
    I know it is one company; but a change has to start somewhere.
    The way corporations run the world and us; don't u think
    it is about time for us to take some of our power
    back. Well here is a chance; the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Shall we collectivly take it?
    I myself really like my phone and no noting is gonna be perfect.
    But some things really should be unacceptable.
    Hey; I don't have millions; but RIM and VZW do.
    Thats their job to fix things and keep their conumers happy.
    I will close with this; nothing changes if nothing changes.
    The definition of insanity=doing the same thing expecting
    different results.
    Lets put our employees to work; and make them rememebr
    the reason for their existence. To serve us.
    If I have to I will send my unit back a thousand times
    to get that close to perfect one................
    Ok I am off my soap box.
    Late
    *sighs* Big corporations, can't live with'em can't live without'em.
    12-16-08 03:10 PM
    That is all I am trying to say..................
    But yes I am still drinking the early adopter kool-aid.
    Some people are bringing up wi-fi as well.
    Had it on my 6800 never needed it or used it.
    I'ts the little things that if people don't take a stand on.
    U have to take a stand somewhere. That is all I am trying to say.
    You really aren't drinking the Kool Aid then : )

Which is a GOOD thing.

Some folks here will have fishing line, cardboard and elmers glue making their devices work better and give the ol' "I'm an early adopter these things should be expected!"

At any rate I say again, good post its the truth. Now if more would step forward and man up ; )

12-16-08 03:50 PM

Which is a GOOD thing.

Some folks here will have fishing line, cardboard and elmers glue making their devices work better and give the ol' "I'm an early adopter these things should be expected!"

At any rate I say again, good post its the truth. Now if more would step forward and man up ; )

Yeah I agree with ya completely on that one. I think it just boils down to, "the squeaky wheel get the oil." No corporation is perfect, but that still doesn't mean that we can't hold them accountable for what they put out to the public.
    12-16-08 04:00 PM

Which is a GOOD thing.

Not only here but in the country at large;-)
    D a m n could u imagine
    12-16-08 04:01 PM
    I just got all misty eyed....
    LMAO
    12-16-08 04:11 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD