Why do you think some people get post cards? I want to be one of those people!
    10-03-08 10:44 AM
    I haven't received one either and I signed up on the VZW site the day I got the fist email promo ; (
    10-03-08 10:49 AM
    Is your new-every-two up now? I figured that's why I got one... I've been saving my NE2 for this phone for about six months.
    10-03-08 11:24 AM
    I haven't received one either and I signed up on the VZW site the day I got the fist email promo ; (
    I got one - I think it has to do with the tier of your monthly bill. I spend quite a bit every month (four line shared family plan with one of the numbers unlimited minutes). In the envelope it said "premier customer" notification.
    10-03-08 12:28 PM
    I'm sure VZW, like every large corporation, has it's customer based broken down into tiers. Based on your service plan, your device, and your type of usage, the company decides whether they feel you would be somebody they should strategically market to.

Basically, rather than spend a whole bunch of money printing out millions of post cards to send out to everybody, VZW designates those clients who are most likely going to purchase this device when it first comes out. Ultimately, the company will spend a bulk of their advertising budget on mass market items like TV commercials and print ads.

Basically if you got one of these things, you're probably a VZW VIP.
    10-03-08 12:41 PM
    I got one. I just have one Verizon phone with about the cheapest voice/data plan available....and my NE2 isn't up yet (it's actually up in 5 days so, I'm ready when this sucker comes out!!)

The postcard doesn't tell you ANYTHING. There's a single picture of the front of the device (with nothing but a big red "V" on the screen) and no other information...other than..."coming soon".

Was really disappointing!
    10-03-08 12:42 PM
    I got one and I'm a VZW VIP, whatever that means...not really sure how I became one. I received a VIP package in the mail several months ago. Can anyone elaborate?

Post card really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Looks like the website where you sign up for Storm updates.
    10-03-08 01:33 PM
    Funny my wife got one she has had a curve for only a month. I have 10 blackberries I manage at work and I didn't get crap. And yes I did sign up for updates. We have 3 family share plans at work and the BB's are on BIS so VZW must see me as a home customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:38 PM
    I got one of those cards. I've never had a Blackberry so this will be my first. But my NE2 did come up back in July.
    10-03-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD