Like the title said. For example I know that Gmail, Poynt,AP mobile news, and more that i am unaware of have flick scrolling but the storm's OS doesn't.
    03-29-09 11:09 AM
    the programmers left it out of some apps.
    03-29-09 11:12 AM
    the programmers left it out of some apps.
    Thank you for your reply. However I know this. I am asking why RIM wont incorporate flick scrolling in any of the OS builds we are seeing. Plenty of people would enjoy having this feature.
    03-29-09 11:20 AM
    Like the title said. For example I know that Gmail, Poynt,AP mobile news, and more that i am unaware of have flick scrolling but the storm's OS doesn't.
    Being that the above mentioned apps have flick scrolling that tells me that there is no dreadful patent held by Apple which keeps the Storm from having Flick Scrolling in its OS as well.
    03-29-09 11:23 AM
    because the people who designed it didn't think it was necessary? Honestly, I don't think this whole "OMGzers...we have to have flick scrolling" thing makes a lot of sense.

Let me ask you a question..what doesn't work that would be made better by adding the feature? Nothing. Maybe that's why it's not there.
    03-29-09 11:29 AM
    The answer he gave you is all that we know. If you wanted something more specific, you're just going to have to email RIM and ask them.
    03-29-09 11:29 AM
    because the people who designed it didn't think it was necessary? Honestly, I don't think this whole "OMGzers...we have to have flick scrolling" thing makes a lot of sense.

Let me ask you a question..what doesn't work that would be made better by adding the feature? Nothing. Maybe that's why it's not there.
    I'm guess you don't have many contacts. Flick scrolling would make things so much easier for people who get and keep many emails, BBM buddies. Yeah i know you can bring up the keyboard use shortcut keys but why when you can just find what you want with the flick of a finger?
    03-29-09 11:48 AM
    This subject is not just a dead horse... It's a dead horse that's been beaten into a puddle of goo.

It's very easy to add this feature to a single app, but adding it system wide is not so easy. There's also potential legal concerns with some of Apple's patents on gesture controls for touch based UIs. They will likely be overturned, but why spend a lot of money on legal fees for something that will likely be free in 2-3 years?
    03-29-09 11:51 AM
    accelodex for the storm is a great flick scrolling app for contacts.
    03-29-09 11:51 AM
    Thats a pretty cool app
    03-29-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD