I've noticed this before, but never bothred asking. I just had a random reboot on my phone (rebooted while my phone was vibrating while recieving a text) and after the reboot, my battery had dropped two bars. Have had this happen a few times before, just wondering what causes this to happen
    02-26-09 05:59 PM
    Try upgrading to 103 to get rid of the random reboot. Don't know about the battery life tho. Mines been atrocious lately

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 06:02 PM
    Well i have noticed that everytime i do a reboot on my BB it drops the battery no less than 6%...
    02-26-09 06:04 PM
    Rebooting is resource- and processor-intensive. That whole time where you're at the white screen with the blue progress bar at the bottom? Your phone is loading up everything that it needs to run properly, which basically has the processor running non-stop. Even on dumbphones, you'll get some battery drain from doing a reboot, but because dumbphones have a lot less going on behind the scenes, the reboot is quicker and doesn't use up as much power.
    02-26-09 06:04 PM
    well that answers that...gracias
    02-26-09 06:07 PM
    Try upgrading to 103 to get rid of the random reboot. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Honestly, my phone reboots randomly very rarely. I think the last time was maybe 3 weeks ago.
    02-26-09 06:08 PM
    mine rebooted for the first time today, while i was in the middle of taking notes for this major meeting that i had to sit in. i told myself to save it everyonce in a while but i didnt. and it took for ever and knocked my battery down to half.
    02-26-09 06:29 PM
    Rebooting is resource- and processor-intensive. That whole time where you're at the white screen with the blue progress bar at the bottom? Your phone is loading up everything that it needs to run properly, which basically has the processor running non-stop. Even on dumbphones, you'll get some battery drain from doing a reboot, but because dumbphones have a lot less going on behind the scenes, the reboot is quicker and doesn't use up as much power.
    And just in addition to that, the reason it dropped two bars is that you were probably teetering right on the edge of it dropping a half bar before the reboot, and so with everything the phone had to do to get back up and going... Caused you to drop 2 bars on the battery, though I imagine you were probably just barely over the limit, so to speak, for that second bar.
    02-26-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD