Honestly it bothers me when I see people saying .109 is perfect for them. Really? How so? I'm curious because last time I checked the phone still lags in pretty much everything it does. Pan a photo and see. Do the same for a webpage and its even worse. In fact I wish you could all see how bad my storm is lagging right now as I type. I mean we all know the phone has major problems...or at least we should. my main concern is that rim will continue to pump out slow os builds like these simply because its "good enough" when it really isn't. Yes the newer builds are better...but they still suck in general. Wake the **** up people!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:39 PM
    For the record I understand the newer builds might have corrected this but we have yet to see that and its been months since its launch. Apparantly we aren't entitled to even a peek of what's to come let alone a date.

03-12-09 02:44 PM
    Honestly it bothers me when I see people saying .109 is perfect for them. Really? How so? I'm curious because last time I checked the phone still lags in pretty much everything it does. Pan a photo and see. Do the same for a webpage and its even worse. In fact I wish you could all see how bad my storm is lagging right now as I type. I mean we all know the phone has major problems...or at least we should. my main concern is that rim will continue to pump out slow os builds like these simply because its "good enough" when it really isn't. Yes the newer builds are better...but they still suck in general. Wake the **** up people!

...... word
    03-12-09 02:45 PM
    so take back the phone if you dont feel like waiting. rim is working on it. just because you can't see their progress doesn't mean they are twiddling their thumbs.
    03-12-09 02:46 PM
    so take back the phone if you dont feel like waiting. rim is working on it. just because you can't see their progress doesn't mean they are twiddling their thumbs.
    Good job on entirely missing out on the point of the post. I know its being worked on. But the fact that people actually choose to accept what we have now is mind boggling.

03-12-09 02:54 PM
    Dude reality has been absent from these pages for some time now

Don't worry about it RIM is all over the OS thing expecting GC any-day now

In a unrelated matter I have a nice bridge for sale let me know if you are interested
    03-12-09 03:04 PM

Design a phone/ OS or simply get a jesus phone *******!
    03-12-09 03:12 PM

Simple 2-Part Answer:

1. Do NOT accept mediocre performance in devices or people. YOU are paying for it. Call RIM and tell them your concerns, and don't stop until you are satisfied.

2. Do NOT be a first adapter. Just because a new BB comes on the market, it doesn't necessarily correlate that it will be better than what it replaced. People in general have gotten the idea in their heads that because something's "new", they must have it "immediately" (iPhone, eg.). This is not true.
    03-12-09 03:14 PM
    Good job on entirely missing out on the point of the post. I know its being worked on. But the fact that people actually choose to accept what we have now is mind boggling.

Very nice job telling the truth. EVERY TIME Ive tried to state my problems with this phone I always get a "well its not the phone for you" or "its your phone, mine works great". Bul lShi T.

A LOT of other people on this site have the EXACT same issues as me, but theres always those ****ed storm fanboys tryin to make sound like an *** when i have valid reasons to vent.
    03-12-09 03:20 PM
    Very nice job telling the truth. EVERY TIME Ive tried to state my problems with this phone I always get a "well its not the phone for you" or "its your phone, mine works great". Bul lShi T.

A LOT of other people on this site have the EXACT same issues as me, but theres always those ****ed storm fanboys tryin to make sound like an *** when i have valid reasons to vent.
    I agree. As soon as you voice a concern with the phone you get called a troll and told to leave. CB is filled with pompous, close-minded as*holes who become outrageously angry and defensive if anyone disagrees with them.
    03-12-09 03:24 PM
    but theres always those ****ed storm fanboys .
    Impossible! There is no such thing!!

03-12-09 03:35 PM
    Honestly it bothers me when I see people saying .109 is perfect for them.
    Why do you care what works/doesn't work for OTHER people?

Really? How so? I'm curious because last time I checked the phone still lags in pretty much everything it does. Pan a photo and see. Do the same for a webpage and its even worse. In fact I wish you could all see how bad my storm is lagging right now as I type. I mean we all know the phone has major problems...or at least we should. my main concern is that rim will continue to pump out slow os builds like these simply because its "good enough" when it really isn't. Yes the newer builds are better...but they still suck in general. Wake the **** up people!
    And like Snork said already... If you don't have confidence that RIM will fix things, then get something else. You can claim that's missing the point, but I could claim you're missing the point Snork and I are trying to make. When you think about it, what is the point of using some device you think is going to suck forevermore? I mean, it's not like a car that costs $10K+, and you probably had to take out a loan to pay for. Worst case scenario is you get the unlock code for it, pay the ETF, and sell the phone on ebay. Then you go find something that you enjoy using, whatever that may be. It could be some cheap Razr flip phone, some WinMo phone, another BB, Jesus Phone... Whatever. You don't owe anything to me or anyone else here. The only one you owe anything to is yourself.

Also, this isn't just "voicing concern". At best this is a case of attention wh0ring, at worst it's trolling. Someone "voicing concern" doesn't tell people to "wake the **** up" and similar things. Those are the hallmarks of attention wh0res and trolls.
    03-12-09 03:40 PM
    If things have been "flawless", "zippy" and "near perfect" since .85, why has nothing been released?
    03-12-09 03:44 PM
    the new OS has to be coming sometime soon, everyone is just getting way too frustrated way too fast. but in other words its all helping us practice our patience. there is no way RIM can't know how pissed off everyone is.
    03-12-09 03:45 PM
    what they need to do is fire the testing staff at rim and hire us...the consumer who really uses thes devices in everyday life (grind) and we offer feedback, then they fix it before release. I knew a tester at microsoft and they have no idea. ?I gave feedback all the time to her and she had no clue. she used alot of what I had to say but she said that RnD was behind.
    We would be great.....offer the units to our crackberry 'genius' first and let them work out the kinks
    again...it still wouldn't be perfect
    03-12-09 03:51 PM
    If things have been "flawless", "zippy" and "near perfect" since .85, why has nothing been released?
    Because you keep trolling?
    03-12-09 04:06 PM
    what they need to do is fire the testing staff at rim and hire us...the consumer who really uses thes devices in everyday life (grind) and we offer feedback, then they fix it before release. I knew a tester at microsoft and they have no idea. ?I gave feedback all the time to her and she had no clue. she used alot of what I had to say but she said that RnD was behind.
    We would be great.....offer the units to our crackberry 'genius' first and let them work out the kinks
    again...it still wouldn't be perfect
    There's a bit more to what the paid testers do than that.
    03-12-09 04:08 PM
    I agree. As soon as you voice a concern with the phone you get called a troll and told to leave. CB is filled with pompous, close-minded as*holes who become outrageously angry and defensive if anyone disagrees with them.
    Yeah, there are a lot of fanboys that will get on their knees if RIM asks, but I think quite a few of the most ardent Storm defenders don't want to admit to themselves that the Storm ain't all that it should, or could be. Look, it could be a great phone, the specs are certainly there, but RIM should have created a better OS. One more friendly to developers for third party apps. That is what is going to change the experience on the Storm. Email, SMS, phone calls, they are a dime a dozen. Sure BBs handle certain aspects of the base functions better than some and worse than others, but at their root the iPhone and WM devices are all as "functional" in these base operations.

Take a look around the Storm forum. People getting banned, fighting, trolls, fanboys. If the Storm was as great as some on this board argue, there would be much less fighting going on around here. If being "pretty" wasn't as important as functionality, there wouldn't be tons upon tons of Themes being installed, and some paid for, created on beta software. If apps weren't important there wouldn't be people ******** about App World, graphics acceleration, tech specs and such. If it is so "fast" and "stable" why do these same ardent supporters jump on the latest beta minutes after they are posted? People want a better experience from this phone than the average BB and RIM needs to provide what they, directly or indirectly, promised. Maybe it's time for those who defend the Storm to the end to realize that many wanted a different experience, not just a Bold with a touchscreen. Is it so hard to comprehend that people want a phone capable of doing the things that iPhone can do and not want to go to AT&T?

Nobody bought this phone as the ultimate business device. They would have been out of their mind. If they wanted a BB as a purely business device only they would have gone with the Bold, Curve or World Phone. If people were honest about the Storm, they would admit that they bought the phone because they either wanted a "iPhone" like phone, but didn't want to go to AT&T, or they wanted a BB with more bells and whistles. As it stands, at this point, we've gotten neither. RIM really needs to step up and provide the ability and environment to create really great apps that don't look like they were created for a 1998 Palm device. It's not a new phone anymore, as the tired argument around here goes. They've had months to figure it out. Before I get flammed for that statement, if months don't mean much why didn't they just wait to release it? I love VZW and I don't hate my Storm, but I am more than disappointed that, unless I am willing to have a substandard carrier, I will never be able to get the overall experience that I would like and thought I was paying for.
    Last edited by callmebob; 03-12-09 at 04:17 PM.
    03-12-09 04:15 PM
    Yeah, there are a lot of fanboys that will get on their knees if RIM asks, but I think quite a few of the most ardent Storm defenders don't want to admit to themselves that the Storm ain't all that it should, or could be. Look, it could be a great phone, the specs are certainly there, but RIM should have created a better OS. One more friendly to developers for third party apps. That is what is going to change the experience on the Storm. Email, SMS, phone calls, they are a dime a dozen. Sure BBs handle certain aspects of the base functions better than some and worse than others, but at their root the iPhone and WM devices are all as "functional" in these base operations.

Take a look around the Storm forum. People getting banned, fighting, trolls, fanboys. If the Storm was as great as some on this board argue, there would be much less fighting going on around here. If being "pretty" wasn't as important as functionality, there wouldn't be tons upon tons of Themes being installed, and some paid for, created on beta software. If apps weren't important there wouldn't be people ******** about App World, graphics acceleration, tech specs and such. If it is so "fast" and "stable" why do these same ardent supporters jump on the latest beta minutes after they are posted? People want a better experience from this phone than the average BB and RIM needs to provide what they, directly or indirectly, promised. Maybe it's time for those who defend the Storm to the end to realize that many wanted a different experience, not just a Bold with a touchscreen. Is it so hard to comprehend that people want a phone capable of doing the things that iPhone can do and not want to go to AT&T?

Nobody bought this phone as the ultimate business device. They would have been out of their mind. If they wanted a BB as a purely business device only they would have gone with the Bold, Curve or World Phone. If people were honest about the Storm, they would admit that they bought the phone because they either wanted a "iPhone" like phone, but didn't want to go to AT&T, or they wanted a BB with more bells and whistles. As it stands, at this point, we've gotten neither. RIM really needs to step up and provide the ability and environment to create really great apps that don't look like they were created for a 1998 Palm device. It's not a new phone anymore, as the tired argument around here goes. They've had months to figure it out. Before I get flammed for that statement, if months don't mean much why didn't they just wait to release it? I love VZW and I don't hate my Storm, but I am more than disappointed that, unless I am willing to have a substandard carrier, I will never be able to get the overall experience that I would like and thought I was paying for.
    How can anyone argue with this? Well said.
    03-12-09 04:20 PM

Wow. Just wow. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    03-12-09 04:23 PM

And just for the record... THIS would be an example of someone "expressing concern". I may not agree with everything said, but it's presented in a non-inflammatory way such that the poster clearly isn't seeking undue amounts of attention, or just ranting incoherently. You can agree that it's an intelligent, reasoned, and considered post whether or not you agree with the content.
    03-12-09 04:27 PM
    Bob I can't speak for everyone but I think you summed up the general feelings of most storm owners, especially me. One of the more insightful posts I've read on CB.

03-12-09 04:52 PM
    After living with one and trying to make it work for all my daily activities just like my curve for a few weeks now.. I have to say... the Storm's biggest flaws are related to the whole touch-screen/no real keyboard input method itself.

You HAVE to separate problems into what you CAN and CAN NEVER fix.

What can potentially be fixed:

1. Laggy and a bit buggy and the random freezes and re-boots. It is all of the above, but so is any BB that is bogged down with memory leaks. Maybe this CAN be fixed with software, so let's hold off on that one. Maybe it's doomed. Nobody knows. Everything else is gloom and hope, so stuff it.

2. Other quirky input issues like selecting menus on web forms, scrolling through selectable lists... again, it's a lag issue as far as I can tell... maybe that is fixable, maybe it's related to the physical limits of the touch screen. Again, neither you nor I know for sure.

3. Hardware issues. Rattly screens/buttons... of course build quality could be improved, but this is pretty random. Keep it or send it back if this is your issue. But complaining about a true hardware issue is just ********. ******** isn't a bad thing, but it's not an argument.

What can never be fixed:

1. It doesn't have a real keyboard. It will never be as fast as a curve or bold for email, web forms and selectable lists no matter HOW sensitive, responsive and perfect the screen is... period. End of that story. Playing with hover, swipe and etc won't overcome this basic flaw either. And...your muscle memory will NEVER be as good as a micro-calibrated trackball and resilient, discrete keys. If you think otherwise... try writing everything by hand instead of typing and see what I mean...

This is also why they invented robots and calibrated surgical tools for both electronics and micro surgery. Accept it. There are physical limitations on ANY all touch screen device that set an upper limit to accuracy in movement, typing and navigation of various fields. Arguing for or against it is more a religious exercise than a objective talk about facts.

If you prefer all touch screen, this is your BB... deal with its inherent BS. If you wan't increased productivity, it's not... deal with NOT having the biggest screen BB. It really IS that simple.

I just know I can make anything work for me. Like I always say, Who does Number Two work for? This piece of **** works for ME !!!
    03-12-09 04:55 PM
    Yes good job Bob I am sorry we all can't live up to Bigman's standards
    03-12-09 04:57 PM
    the new OS has to be coming sometime soon, everyone is just getting way too frustrated way too fast. but in other words its all helping us practice our patience. there is no way RIM can't know how pissed off everyone is.
    They are announcing details about it next Tuesday the 17th.

Oh wait, that is iPhone 3.0...

And Bob, well said!!! ^^^^
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 03-12-09 at 05:05 PM.
    03-12-09 04:59 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD