wow...analyzing a blackberry and fascist in the same sentence...soap box revoked
    02-04-09 12:16 AM
    Definitely a little extreme, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that everyone expects their Storm to act the exact same way. (From their own perspective)

02-04-09 12:27 AM
    Definitely a little extreme, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that everyone expects their Storm to act the exact same way. (From their own perspective)

Never expect them to be the same, I personally want mine to be mine. Everyones storm will behave differently...we are different
    02-04-09 01:16 AM

So what you are saying is that we Storm owners shouldn't expect to have a device free from random reboots, VSOD, media card errors, etc??? Is that accurate? Because that's the point of the main thread to begin with. I don't think anyone in this post or forum truly believes that his or her phone should be just like yours. But, just because someone changes the tap rate or backlight settings, doesn't mean their Storm should act up and make it unusable.

Now, I haven't had that many issues overall. I did with .90! My experience was awful. It reset all the time, froze up, media card errors, VSOD, etc. It's not that I want my phone to be like everyone elses. I just wanted an OS to download that wouldn't have my phone act like it did with .90. I have a hard time believing that it is personal settings that made that happen because my settings haven't changed in .85 or .99 and they work well with my device.

I'm not claiming all hardware issues. Clearly with 2 of 3 OS working ok, .90 just affected my phone different. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better results as time passes.
    02-04-09 02:30 AM
    So what you are saying is that we Storm owners shouldn't expect to have a device free from random reboots, VSOD, media card errors, etc??? Is that accurate? Because that's the point of the main thread to begin with. I don't think anyone in this post or forum truly believes that his or her phone should be just like yours. But, just because someone changes the tap rate or backlight settings, doesn't mean their Storm should act up and make it unusable.
    What about when I've done things that to my phone that could easily have a direct relation to stability? Like

• Removed the sim card
    • Forced 1XEV mode only
    • Wiped the handset and did not restore data
    • Synced my media without conversion via WMP
    • Formatted the device memory and media card

Back when I first got my phone with .65, after about a week DM refused to fully back up my phone. It kept erroring out trying to back up one of the databases. If a backup program refuses to access a bad database on the phone, how do you think the phone would react when it tried to access the same file? The media player crashes could very easily have been caused by bad rips, incompatible encoding or even bad id3 tags. Or possbily bad bbthumb.dat files (I think someone reported deleting them and fixing their issue).

Saying different tap intervals and backlight settings is vastly oversimplifying things. Now what I figure is somewhere in all the different things I've done to my phone, I skipped whatever it was that caused people problems with the different OS. I never had a VSOD, media card not insert or have been forced to do a battery pull except after installing an OS (or a bad 3rd party app). I've had 1 random reboot since getting the phone and that was when I was running .65. If bad data was the source, it got wiped and never restored along the way
    02-04-09 08:39 AM
    • Removed the sim card
    this singlehandedly made my device 10X's better, boot time, lag, errors, etc! best "upgrade" i ever did was eliminate the useless sim card.
    02-04-09 09:04 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD