Every once in a while I will go to my Yahoo Messenger on my Storm 9530 and none of my contacts are online or in my contact/buddy list at all. I know that they are online as I have been to my several of my friends's house and they are still logged on but on my phone it shows nobody online... Is there a setting that I'm not aware about or is there something I can do to keep this from happening?? I have deleted, quickpulled, and reinstalled Yahoo Messenger a whole number of times and then it will work for a while - then all of a sudden, they're all gone.... Please help me as I am still a "newbie in learning" and tryin to figure it all out. Thank you!
    Last edited by ROXXXSTAR; 03-17-09 at 10:02 AM.
    03-12-09 10:31 PM
    I've been running yahoo messenger since the day I got my storm (still using my original 11/21 storm) and have not run into this problem. I only have a couple of contacts though, so maybe that's why I've never run across this before.
    03-12-09 10:38 PM
    Misleading title.

I read it as your contacts had broken "loose" and fell down to the bottom of the screen, or maybe were hanging hap-hazardly from the buddy list.

But then I see that "loose" and "lose" are completely interchangeable, despite the fact that they are two completely different words with two completely different definitions.

I'm not flaming the OP, I'm just voicing an observation on here that has become a pet peeve. It's not directed at you, ROXXXSTAR....

Welcome to the Forums.

Try this:
    Open Y! Messenger
    Sign on
    Go to Options and make sure "Show Offline Contacts" is not selected as "No"

Also make sure you have the current version installed, that may be causing your issue. The current version is 2.2.31.
    Your version can be found here

Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications

and the version number is to the right of all the applications in the list. Yahoo Messenger, naturally, will be towards or at the bottom. As the list is sorted alphabetically.
    03-12-09 11:28 PM
    Since my origional start of this thread, I have found it to happen whenever I get on my computer and log onto my Yahoo account and/or messenger. I dont know if there is a setting to take care of it or not...? If there is anything, please let me know... and also since I'm kinda new to the whole BB world it might be a small setting which I'm not aware about so... any suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks again to all who respond!
    03-16-09 03:51 PM
    With Yahoo you cannot be online with the same ID in two places at the same time. When you log in at your computer your BB should tell you you have been logged out due to being logged in elsewhere. Same thing will happen on your computer if you log in at your BB while online at your computer. When you are done at your computer you will need to log back in on your BB. If you look at the application switcher - Hold the BB key then find the Yahoo icon, if the face is grey you are offline if it is yellow you are online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 04:55 PM
    I understand that you cant be logged on on 2 different locations, it logs me off on one end if I log onto the other... Im runnin on the .75 OS and have the 2.2.31 runnin for the Yahoo Mess. so, to my knowledge - I am running current on everything... Its just when I log on Yahoo messenger thru my laptop(which logs me off of my yahoo on my BB), then later log back into Yahoo using my BB, it seems to fail to load any of my contacts... Under the "online" bar it says "none" and there are no contacts in any other group nor are there any groups hidden or blocked or anything... I have went thru all the menus thinking maybe I accidently set something wrong and I cant find nothing... Idk... any help on this subject is much apreciated
    Last edited by ROXXXSTAR; 03-17-09 at 09:47 AM.
    03-17-09 09:40 AM
    oh.... and my "options" contact menu in my BB Yahoo messenger looks like this....

Show offline contacts - Yes
    Show empty groups - Yes
    Show ignored contacts - Yes
    Show display images - Yes
    03-17-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD