for apps which are free on other devices? I currently have a HTC Magic due to my carrier vodafone borrowing my phone off me to send to RIM to see if they can sort out the issues what people are having, anyways...

The magic has a market place and nearly all apps are free, and there are LOADS!, and there are some great stuff on there like sound boards, barcode scanners, themes, wallpapers i can go on.

Why do we have to pay for stuff.. just seems a little unfair and a rip-off. E.g. Shazam, themes and little silly apps. And why is there so little available?

I do prefer my BB Storm by loads, i want it back :P

Any thoughts?
    06-22-09 02:48 PM
    i think its because alot of the android stuff is meant to be freeware, so they kinda frown on people for charging for it!! i must admit i quite like the magic (believe its called the touch 3g in the US) but just far prefer the storms screen, anyways i guess its up to the app developer as to what they charge, lets jus hope when app world goes into the rest of europe some lovely europeans make some nice free apps (and you soooo need the 10,001 cocktails app from the marketplace!!)

civic, the htc magic is the touch equivalent of the htc dream (but no keyboard) so runs android, not winmo, cos winmo sucks
    06-22-09 04:44 PM
    The plain and simple truth is that is RIM for ya! Companies like apple give away alot of their software for free because they simply can. RIM always wants to turn a profit hince their crappy app world.
    06-24-09 01:45 PM
    But I thought the App Store was what was going to save the Storm...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:22 PM
    haha appworld to save the storm? Thats a joke. Not even wifi can save the storm. The only thing that can save the storm is a a stable, fast, bug-free operating system ...5.0 (crosses fingers)
    06-24-09 02:36 PM
    I guess the only time we will enjoy free app,us if RIM comes up with its own freeware.
    But ya for noe suck to b us loll.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:37 PM
    What apps are you looking for? There is a lot of free apps for bb, you just have to look. For examples there are a lot of free storm themes here at crackberry and tons of wallpapers.
    06-24-09 03:06 PM
    The plain and simple truth is that is RIM for ya! Companies like apple give away alot of their software for free because they simply can. RIM always wants to turn a profit hince their crappy app world.
    Apple is not giving away the software for free, it is the developers who are doing it.
    06-24-09 03:14 PM
    there is not anything i really want it.. iv just been looking around on the magics "market" and its just go loads of stuff on there, some crap some real good stuff to download for free.. i was just wondering why we dont get that LOL...

Maybe over time we app world will get better and better and free apps will come out. It is behind apple and the magic though imho.

BTW any ideas when 5.0 is supposed to hit cuz the resent FW's are bogus.:P
    06-24-09 03:26 PM
    Apple is not giving away the software for free, it is the developers who are doing it.
    Exactly. Those developers who want to give their apps for free can do it, whether it's for the iPhone or for BlackBerry. RIM isn't stopping them - after all, the lowest price tier for App World is the free tier.
    06-24-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD