06-02-09 01:30 AM
54 123
tools
    for me RIM please find another ways to make they call Surepress work perfectly on storm2 because I am sicked with typing on my storm now ...God bless you RIM ....and be waiting patiently for tne next storm but this time absolutelly I ll' do well my home works before I buy it and if not I going back to BB Bold ....I am not leaving you anyways .....ha ..ha.... I must admite I am an BB Hooker....
    05-31-09 07:21 AM
    Okay. This seems rather simple to me but please explain to me why this would be difficult. Instead of completely removing surepress (since it has great pros and cons), why didn't they do some sort of hybrid?

For example:

surepress for browser
    normal touchscreen for gaming and typing

Maybe they could give users the option to choose by creating a "touch type" option for example. From there you could choose: browser, typing, apps, etc. and choose between surepress and press (normal touch).

I love surepress for clicking links and browsing the web. Almost no more accidental link clicking and scrolling anymore compared to other touch screen phones. But for gaming and typing, the press touch screen style seems a lot more effective and efficient. Why not do both?

Just wondering...
    This could actually be an option now on the Storm. I have the iStockMgr app and it has a setting to allow for touch input only (without the need for a press/click) and it works fine on my Storm. A lot of things people think the Storm doesn't have, in reality it does. Just needs the app/OS to make them work.
    06-01-09 10:30 AM
    I've owned my storm since day one and i love the thing. Sure, surepress isn't perfect but it works great on my phone. I had to replace it once due to the GPS not working but that was it. If verizon offers a trade in for the new storm i may think about it but right now i wouldn't give up my storm for anything.
    06-01-09 02:36 PM
    Last I was given the run-down from my source, Odin's screen covers almost every single wish that is in this thread. You can't imagine how well it is done
    06-02-09 01:30 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD