why should i wait when i can have what verizon and rim should have had when i bought the phone? i dont feel like waiting another 1,2,3 weeks or whenever verizon chooses to release their update. i want it now! ADD and the desire for instant gratification come into play too.. but still.

as for everyone having troubles and those helping.. if you dont want to help you dont have to. some people just like helping

.83 makes so many things work faster.. internet, camera (oh thank g-d for this.. its actually worth using now), the screen, the music player.
    +1 on your feelings.

The only connection that I feel the Storm and Verizon have is VZW service and customer support...I have learned that I am the only one who has the best intentions of my device in mind.
    12-21-08 11:30 AM
    why should i wait when i can have what verizon and rim should have had when i bought the phone? i dont feel like waiting another 1,2,3 weeks or whenever verizon chooses to release their update. i want it now! ADD and the desire for instant gratification come into play too.. but still.

as for everyone having troubles and those helping.. if you dont want to help you dont have to. some people just like helping

.83 makes so many things work faster.. internet, camera (oh thank g-d for this.. its actually worth using now), the screen, the music player.
    You are quite incompetent and impatient.
    12-21-08 12:47 PM
    look i know its exciting that .83 leaked and everyone is excited but if you dont know what your doing leave it alone and wait for the official verizon update!!! People are having problems that are from either inexperience or just rushing through the instructions without paying attention.Its nice to have leaked versions but you need to know what your doing.there have been numerous posts on how to do this from don or cx so pay attention or just wait for the update so you dont have to be frustrated with wiping the device or numerous batt pulls etc.
    Here's an idea. WHY not let the disclaimer do the talking?
    When they brick their phones, let the mod direct them to the thread...

You're killing me Larry!

Do you yell outside of your window when people drive like ****?
    News flash: there are VERY stupid people out there, and they are allowed to breed, making newer and much more stupid people that will drive next to your children...
    12-21-08 01:08 PM
    i like upgrading casuse i like being first. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 01:14 PM
    I updated on the first night the leak was out. I have had no new problems with my storm.

There really is no problem with updating to the new leaked OS, you just have to make sure your do it right and there will be no problems.
    12-21-08 01:15 PM
    Why are people saying people have no patience because they want to update to a beta OS? Do you guys realize how long it usually takes for a carrier to distribute an updated OS? Like CX said, a beta OS is only beta until a carrier stamps it official. All they do is test it and see if they like it, then they push it out to us.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting the beta OS's. Just do not attempt to install it onto your phone if you have no clue what you are doing.

I am really surprised some Storm users look down upon this, especially with the Storm. The Storm is buggy, you should want updates as fast as possible, I know thats what the Bold users did when it first came out (Not ATT release, original release).
    12-21-08 01:27 PM
    A leaked upgrade to a BB owner, is like that hot new crack to a crackhead.
    So true...lol
    Was so excited when I got my hands on it.
    I mean what kind of question is that? There are a lot of tech junkies and nerds out there, me being one of them, who love to play around with their phones and have the latest and greatest before others do. Why do people make their own computers at the risk of having it trashed??? Because they like it. Its a hobby. This phone stuff is my hobby. Other can wait, it's rather not
    12-21-08 01:28 PM
    Hi,

I purchased my first Blackberry...the Storm last week. The Verizon Rep told me about this website, which has been an immense help. The first night I came on, everyone was downloading the leaked OS. LUCKILY...one poster said USE AT YOUR OWN RISK so I was very cautious. I am so glad I listened. Why? Because I knew nothing about Blackberry's. I had no business performing an action that may have caused problems that I may have not been able to fix on my own. I also would have been quite upset if Verizon voided my warranty.
    Anyways, I chose to read and educate myself about Blackberry's....and I have learned sooooooo much from all the knowledgable people who post here...so thank you.
    12-21-08 01:30 PM
    As Avt said, if you're not experienced with BlackBerry's I wouldn't upgrade. Get comfortable with your device and do some research.
    That said, there's nothing wrong with installing a beta. As I posted here earlier, there's no difference in a beta and official release except one is labeled Official. But there's definitely nothing wrong with wanting to install the newest OS, beta or not.

12-21-08 01:30 PM
    "There really is no problem with updating to the new leaked OS, you just have to make sure your do it right and there will be no problems."

Except for the typical bugs associated with each OS version. I can't imagine them releasing the .83 version with the "media card inserted" (or what ever it says when rebooting) bug. I can see this being a real pain in the *** for the people with the phones that have the "phone reboots itself coupla times a day" problem. battery pulls are already a nuisance and now they'll either have to keep pulling the battery till the phone can boot past that hiccup, which can take anywhere from once to several!, or also pulling out the MicroSD and reinserting it after the phone is done booting up.

People who actually use this for business rightfully do have the right to be pissed because they NEED it to work more than us guys that have it as a fancy shmancy cell phone for personal use. My daily routine isn't being affected by it and it seems as if RIM is smoothing things out so I can afford to be patient.
    12-21-08 01:36 PM
    look i know its exciting that .83 leaked and everyone is excited but if you dont know what your doing leave it alone and wait for the official verizon update!!! People are having problems that are from either inexperience or just rushing through the instructions without paying attention.Its nice to have leaked versions but you need to know what your doing.there have been numerous posts on how to do this from don or cx so pay attention or just wait for the update so you dont have to be frustrated with wiping the device or numerous batt pulls etc.
    Ahhhh...tell me again...why does this bother you?

While we're at it, Why do people continue to believe in their Gods when we know damn well they don't exist? Why don't they just wake up and realize God exists no more than Santa Claus. That way with religion gone there'd be no more stupid wars in our world.

Oh, that's right: because it's their choice. If I can live with that, you can live with people uploading .83
    12-21-08 01:38 PM
    As Avt said, if you're not experienced with BlackBerry's I wouldn't upgrade. Get comfortable with your device and do some research.
    That said, there's nothing wrong with installing a beta. As I posted here earlier, there's no difference in a beta and official release except one is labeled Official. But there's definitely nothing wrong with wanting to install the newest OS, beta or not.
    Not to split hairs or anything, but wouldn't it be more of a release candidate if the only difference is that one has the official seal of approval?

In any case, I would say it's good advice. If you are uneasy about loading an unofficial version of the OS onto your phone, then you should probably refrain. Otherwise, have at it and let the good times roll.
    12-21-08 01:40 PM
    I like .83 but with all the problems I've seen, I doubt it becomes official....think there may be another released with the fixes? not sure.
    12-21-08 01:40 PM
    While we're at it, Why do people continue to believe in their Gods when we know damn well they don't exist? Why don't they just wake up and realize God exists no more than Santa Claus. That way with religion gone there'd be no more stupid wars in our world.
    So wait, you're saying that the b@stard child of the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy ISN'T some sort of messiah? Well, now I know what I'll be returning after Christmas!
    Last edited by bigman2; 12-21-08 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Stupid #$^$&(^ filter
    12-21-08 01:43 PM
    I did it just becuase. Do we really need to have a reason? I'll probably do an update whether it is leaked or official "just to try" maybe i'm weird.
    12-21-08 01:44 PM
    I don't get why your even asking that questions. I retrospect I could ask, "Why is everyone waiting for something when its already out!!!" There are pros and cons to waiting and not waiting but either way why does it matter? It really improved my phone a lot and I am glad that I did not wait. I needed a fix soon or else i owuld have to be on a 6th replacement phone. Now I can stay with the device I have now. So thank goodness that I did not wait. But again I am more experienced with phones that the average Joe so had no problems with the update and had I had messed it up, I knew how to return it to the .75 OS so I can just send it back to Verizon and get a new device or undo any damage. If you know what your doing, you usually know what problems to anticipate and how to get yourself out of them. I knowingly took the risk and would do it again with another leak if one comes through.
    12-21-08 01:46 PM
    Plus even if u mess it up wipe and install old Os all things are detailed on the crack. Just like anything the first time u do it will be scary but after that you are coasting.

12-21-08 01:47 PM
    Cause the site is called CRACKBERRY and everyone here is very into their BB. Therefore a lot of users want the best for their devices and if the there's a leaked version of an OS that might enhance its functionality then they're going to download it and not wait for the official release. I include myself in this group, lol.
    12-21-08 01:47 PM
    So wait, you're saying that the b@stard child of the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy ISN'T some sort of messiah? Well, now I know what I'll be returning after Christmas!
    Whoa! Whoa!!! I never said anything about the Easter Bunny. Now he's real.
    12-21-08 04:13 PM
    People are upgrading because they want more out of their Storm. I can't blame them. Also, there will be nothing different between the beta version and the Official one. But I do agree that people who are unexperienced should probably wait.
    I just posted this elsewhere. I have both the leaked and official .75 versions.
    If you load them into a program like Hex Workshop (which will enable you to compare the two versions side by side and highlights the differences) - there are large coding blocks that are different.

I am not a programmer so I can't tell you what they are or do. They are not simple text statements ie. version information or release dates because the program would allow me to read that.

This does NOT mean that there has been last minute tweaking or that the official and leaked versions are not essentially the same. What is does mean is that they are not identical and that some changes may have been made. It is not like the same version that was leaked was then released as an official version.
    12-21-08 05:22 PM
    You can believe what ever you want. Makes no difference to me. I know what I know, and have no reason to lie. But again, if you want to believe they are different, by all means, think that. But I'm not going to go back and forth on this.

12-21-08 05:25 PM
    A leaked upgrade to a BB owner, is like that hot new crack to a crackhead.
    haha, jeaaah baby!
    12-21-08 05:29 PM
    Because everyone always wants that certain thing most of us don't have. Its like waving your **** in the wind! Lol
    12-21-08 05:30 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD