I am really new at this Storm stuff. But I'm getting the hang of it. When I go to radio-locator.com and select the radio station I want to stream, the music player on my Storm comes up, but doesn't do anything... just says loading...
    Here's the link - httpwack-wack)wmc1.liquidviewer(dot)net/kstpam
    Moodio.fm does the same thing. Sends me to the music player and sits.

I've tried Slacker's radio program but can't find radio stations.

I did find a program - nobex that streams radio stations, which works, just doesn't have the station I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    02-16-09 03:15 AM
    Slacker is the best way to stream radio. It obviously goes by genre, not station. Also, stuff like this should be posted in the 3rd Party Apps forum.
    02-16-09 04:26 AM
    Also, stuff like this should be posted in the 3rd Party Apps forum.
    Not necessarily since it deals with the browser/media player not being able to stream audio. I have the same problem, I had it working for a bit then it started doing exactly what the OP describes. I'm in the UK so can't use slacker.
    02-16-09 05:12 AM
    I do have Slacker loaded, but like I said, I'm looking for a specific radio station.
    Any more ideas????

Thanks,
    Dave
    02-16-09 06:35 PM
    When I use m.moodio.fm, the video player has to be set to either full screen or not full screen, I forget which one. So togle that setting and see if it fixes the issue.
    Edit: it looks like the video player has to be set to full screen for moodio to stream. Weird but true.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dboggny; 02-16-09 at 06:43 PM.
    02-16-09 06:40 PM
    Moodio.fm does a good job with playing radio stations which is what I like and why I use this rather than Slacker. not sure about the earlier comment on "full screen" and streaming. Flycast also will play some radio stations too.
    02-16-09 09:07 PM
    Moodio.fm does a good job with playing radio stations which is what I like and why I use this rather than Slacker. not sure about the earlier comment on "full screen" and streaming. Flycast also will play some radio stations too.
    02-16-09 09:07 PM
    Has anyone actually got moodio.fm to work? I have a moodia account, but How do you browse to the web page from the media player to begin streaming?
    02-16-09 10:27 PM
    The best way to use Moodio is to on your desktop, log in and then search for the radio stations or genre you want. Once you find one, add it to "your stations". Once you have done this, then go to m.moodio.fm via your BB browser, log in and then select the station you want to listen. Once you select the station, it will then load in the media player and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps
    02-16-09 10:39 PM
    My moodio didn't require me to change any full screen settings it streams normally.

My only problem with moodio is that I stream the radio but still want to browse the web, which is not possible because the media player acts as a browser for moodio (it's not an app). Flycast is no good because it doesn't have the station I am looking for (92.3 KROCK in NYC).

Anyone have any other potential solutions?
    02-17-09 08:14 AM
    I wish I had a solution to that-listen and browse the web at the same time.
    02-17-09 04:31 PM
    Orb allows you to add stations but sucks on my vista computer so I don't use it. There is a paid one in the store that I believe let's you add custom stations. They have a 7 day trial.
    02-17-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks for hijacking my post. I realize I'm new here, but I posted my question looking for an answer to my question. Instead, I get a Mod who moves my post to this section when my question has nothing to do with 3rd party apps. Then, once here, my post get hijacked off on some tangent about Moodio.
    I don't think I've ever had this happen in another BB system like it happened here.

Thanks.
    02-18-09 03:14 AM
    I have the same issue. If it helps I tried BerryTunes with the same result. I do get this station w/Moodio. I have no way to verify but since as I understand it Moodio repackages the stream, perhaps its the stream itself that's the issue. I do think the BB can play some WMA streams. Anyone have a fix or explanation? I'm curious if this station works on a WM phone or iPhone.
    02-18-09 09:19 AM
    once you create an account at moodio.fm , log into the website on your phone at m.moodio.fm to play the stations you've added.
    02-18-09 11:35 AM
    Thanks for hijacking my post. I realize I'm new here, but I posted my question looking for an answer to my question. Instead, I get a Mod who moves my post to this section when my question has nothing to do with 3rd party apps. Then, once here, my post get hijacked off on some tangent about Moodio.
    I don't think I've ever had this happen in another BB system like it happened here.

Thanks.
    Pretty sure you don't "own" this post.

Moodio came up because its the most reliable way to stream a radio station to your Storm. Another option is to use Flycast and hope that one of the radio stations you're looking for is listed there.

Some helpful information you might include next time:

OS Version currently running?
    Battery Pull before/after attempts at streaming?
    Does streaming work from other programs/websites for you?
    02-18-09 11:56 AM
    Check if you have sufficient memory. If you have many applications installed or running in background, it will eat-up all the memory and moodio wont run.

Check free memory as follows
    Options -> Status -> File Free. if you have 6-10MB free, you should be able to play without any problem. Also check if your BB OS is at least 4.5

I am really new at this Storm stuff. But I'm getting the hang of it. When I go to radio-locator.com and select the radio station I want to stream, the music player on my Storm comes up, but doesn't do anything... just says loading...

I did find a program - nobex that streams radio stations, which works, just doesn't have the station I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    02-19-09 10:42 PM
    Hi Dave,
    We are constantly adding more radio stations. If you let us know which you would like to see, we'll let you know if we can add it.

Enjoy,
    Nobex
    02-22-09 06:19 AM

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Hey Dave. Just a quick question. Are you using in the UK because if so that's what the problem is.

Vodafone are having current problems with steaming on the Storm through there network. Last I heard, they're working on a solution but not ETA for this fix...

Hope this helps mate

02-22-09 07:12 AM
    Moodio works great on my Storm. I tried Flycast, but it cuts out much more. Flycast seems very unreliable compared to Moodio.

With Moodio you can easily add a station if you know the URL for the stream. The problem is it is often difficult to get that URL because it's hidden inside of a media player that opens.
    02-22-09 07:42 AM
    Wow, I hadn't heard about Slacker until this thread. I LOVE IT!!!

Yeah, you're not getting radio stations, but you can easily get the kind of music you like. And it sounds much better than the feed I was getting on Moodio.
    02-22-09 08:06 AM
    Hi Dave,
    We are constantly adding more radio stations. If you let us know which you would like to see, we'll let you know if we can add it.

Enjoy,
    Nobex
    Does Nobex allow you to listen with a mono bluetooth headset? I like listening to talk radio but the Blackberry media player programmers think that you would only listen with stereo headsets. Why do they control this so much. Let us decide how we want to listen to streaming radio.
    02-22-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD