I thought I'd give the phone a chance but my temper is up. Verizon doesn't want to honor the pricing of $149.99-50 they promised, the phone lags even with the .75 software...keeps reseting and takes forever to do something. Replacements won't come for 2 weeks. The battery dies quickly... I'm upset but I don't think its right that we customers have to find ways to improve the product, from the card behind battery trick to getting os leaks to the new t6 screw-driver trick.. I honestly have a feeling this phone should have been a success for Verizon but its becoming a flop. Verizon needs to sued for being so ignorant. I'm tired of all the hassle and all the hope that this phone brings on a daily basis. Thankfully i still didn't sell my palm. Hopefully i can rejoin the crackberry family when they improve this phone in a few months..
    12-05-08 06:35 PM
    wow that sucks man. Iv only had a small message display problem but the upgrade took care of that. My battery last from 6am to 8pm and thats with constant use texts, phone calls, emails, and internet use maybe u got a lemon....
    12-05-08 06:39 PM
    The phone is very popular. Why do people find it necessary to keep starting threads so they can complain?
    12-05-08 06:40 PM
    Lol here we go again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 06:42 PM
    The phone is very popular. Why do people find it necessary to keep starting threads so they can complain?
    I like the phone don't get me wrong but why do I have to pay for a product thats not fully developed and has extensive glitches and flaws..many storms are lemons... Verizon rushing this before Christmas is just going to send more people to Att "iphone" and Tmobile "G1"

I would keep the phone if it didn't have issues... But its not just the phone its Verizon's way they treat customers.. saying I'm lying about the pricing come on...
    Last edited by bimmerfest; 12-05-08 at 06:45 PM.
    12-05-08 06:43 PM
    I thought I'd give the phone a chance but my temper is up. Verizon doesn't want to honor the pricing of $149.99-50 they promised, Verizon needs to sued for being so ignorant.
    A) Huh? I'm assuming with NE2? If so how are they not honoring it? I got an email this morning that they were sending out my rebate check...

B) Yes, let's sue a company for selling us a product we were willing to buy . You should've known going into it that it was going to have issues. If you even looked it up within the week before launch you would've known that.
    12-05-08 06:45 PM
    You need to stop reading forums, because it sounds like you're buying in to all the negative-hype. Another 2 months? Bah.. its been 2 weeks and they've released an OS update which is definitely worthy of public consumption. You can argue that .65 wasn't ready for primetime, but I dont think you can say that about .75.

First of all, the "card behind the battery" and the "t6 screw-driver" tricks fix the same problem... So if you were having a problem with your screen clicking, you only need to do one of those (or return the Storm for a new version that works)

the battery dying quickly is either a bad battery, or you're using it way too much. My battery lasts a full day without much hassle, and I use it for email, video, txting, etc... Try setting the backlight brightness to 10 instead of 100, turn the backlight timeout to 20 seconds, close down background programs instead of letting them run.

Verizon doesn't need to be sued... it sounds like you're just one of those litigious types who's looking for a quick way to make a buck. I really don't respect that type of person.
    12-05-08 06:45 PM
    I love the mentality that whenever you don't like something, that answer is to sue.
    12-05-08 06:47 PM
    Verizon doesn't need to be sued... it sounds like you're just one of those litigious types who's looking for a quick way to make a buck. I really don't respect that type of person.
    I responded to that part too but I think he was just trying to make a point. Either way, a judge would not only laugh him out of court but probably make fun of him the entire time too.
    12-05-08 06:48 PM
    I agree with the original post - there are some problems, but if you aren't happy with it, don't keep it. Return it and wait for reviews to say it's been resolved, then go buy it. Save your money and patience - return it and wait out the debugging. I knew RIM would have problems since this is their first touchscreen device so I didn't even bother.
    12-05-08 06:52 PM
    From a business stand point Verizon hurt itself again..I'm not saying sue verizon I was trying to make a point... Learned another lesson never get a product the first year its released..With all the issues people are having its invetible someone will sue Rim and/or Verizon Wireless... B204door wtf is your problem don't like a topic go fcuk yourself and don't read it no one asked you too...
    12-05-08 06:53 PM
    I agree with the original post - there are some problems, but if you aren't happy with it, don't keep it. Return it and wait for reviews to say it's been resolved, then go buy it. Save your money and patience - return it and wait out the debugging. I knew RIM would have problems since this is their first touchscreen device so I didn't even bother.
    Thank you Cliff.. I'm going to return it tomorrow the only problem is my ghost armor... Does anyone know how to store when not on a phone???
    12-05-08 06:55 PM
    From a business stand point Verizon hurt itself again..I'm not saying sue verizon I was trying to make a point... Learned another lesson never get a product the first year its released..With all the issues people are having its invetible someone will sue Rim and/or Verizon Wireless... B204door wtf is your problem don't like a topic go fcuk yourself and don't read it no one asked you too...
    I'd like to hear about one electronic product that went off without a hits.

lag (just about any phone or electronic device of that matter), red ring of deaths (xbox), scratchin disks (xbox), overheating (xbox and ps3), browser crashes (iPhone), etc.

When you buy a device you have to expect problems...whether it's a first generation or a second or even a fifth...nothing's ever perfect. You also have to trust that the companies know what they're doing and aren't just tossing the problems to the side.

If you want to look at a failed device, look at the glyde, it makes the storm look like there are 0 problems.
    12-05-08 06:56 PM
    I'd like to hear about one electronic product that went off without a hits.

lag (just about any phone or electronic device of that matter), red ring of deaths (xbox), scratchin disks (xbox), overheating (xbox and ps3), browser crashes (iPhone), etc.

When you buy a device you have to expect problems...whether it's a first generation or a second or even a fifth...nothing's ever perfect. You also have to trust that the companies know what they're doing and aren't just tossing the problems to the side.

If you want to look at a failed device, look at the glyde, it makes the storm look like there are 0 problems.

Why is everyone in this forum get mad when someone mentions they don't like the storm... yea I know first batches of not just electronics have issues. I know a guy who had one of the first 2002 Bmw 745's and it had issue after issue... I hope Rim and verizon work overtime to get this phone to its full potential..I love the phone but I'll wait to get a more flawless product
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-28-08 at 08:59 PM. Reason: language
    12-05-08 07:00 PM
    Why is everyone in this forum get mad when someone mentions they don't like the storm... I don't get it.. yea I know first batches of not just electronics have issues. I know a guy who had one of the first 2002 Bmw 745's and it had issue after issue... I hope Rim and verizon work overtime to get this phone to its full potential..I love the phone but I'll wait to get a more flawless product
    Where did I get mad? Lemme throw that question back at you with an alternative: "Why does everyone get mad when someone defends their position?" it goes both ways...someone hates the phone and gets offended when others like it and defend it....someone loves the phone and gets offended when other hate it and bash it...

You have to realize from both points though that this is the STORM forum so a lot of the people who aren't fans or weren't happy with it will get bashed to **** and, in all honesty, rightfully so.

As CX said earlier today w/r to the diff between .75 and .76 and lag, etc....it's an individual phone basis...personally mine has only frozen up twice in 2 weeks and the lag is minimal enough that I don't mind.
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-28-08 at 09:00 PM. Reason: deleted quoted language
    12-05-08 07:03 PM
    Where did I get mad? Lemme throw that question back at you with an alternative: "Why does everyone get mad when someone defends their position?" it goes both ways...someone hates the phone and gets offended when others like it and defend it....someone loves the phone and gets offended when other hate it and bash it...

You have to realize from both points though that this is the STORM forum so a lot of the people who aren't fans or weren't happy with it will get bashed to **** and, in all honesty, rightfully so.

As CX said earlier today w/r to the diff between .75 and .76 and lag, etc....it's an individual phone basis...personally mine has only frozen up twice in 2 weeks and the lag is minimal enough that I don't mind.
    CSSVT I didnt mention you at all I meant in general many people in these forums.. Yea your lucky my lag the past 2 days is unbearable...the accelerometer doesn't work and if does takes about 10-15 seconds..The screen when receiving a call has to be pressed more than few times for it to respond...
    12-05-08 07:07 PM
    yeah, im not having any major issues with mines aside from the landscape to portrait switch... and i really really love suretype....
    12-05-08 07:09 PM
    CSSVT I didnt mention you at all I meant in general many people in these forums.. Yea your lucky my lag the past 2 days is unbearable...the accelerometer doesn't work and if does takes about 10-15 seconds..The screen when receiving a call has to be pressed more than few times for it to respond...
    My apologies for the misunderstanding, I read the initial sentence after being quoted and thought it was directed specifically at me. I'd personally give it a little more time. You have until the 15th of January and there's expected to be another OS update between now and then. With the holidays coming up I can't imagine that your workload would be all that much between now and the new update plus you'll probably have time off of work completely.

Just my .02. I recognize that there are problems but like I said, I view them as tolerable and getting fixed so I stick it out.
    12-05-08 07:10 PM
    yeah, im not having any major issues with mines aside from the landscape to portrait switch... and i really really love suretype....
    I'm the lucky one with a lemon lol
    Maybe I got a special phone. I feel sorry for those that are having problems with theirs. I literally have had damn near 0 problems with mine. Even with .65. After I upgraded to .75 it was damn near as perfect as I could expect.

Seriously, mine has randomly rebooted once that I'm aware of. I guess it could have done it several times that I haven't noticed. I haven't had any issues with messaging/emails. No ringtone issues. No screen issues yet. Lag with .65 was just enough to notice, but not enough to get angry about.

I did get a couple of the glitches with .75, mainly the disappearing keyboard.

I've also had a couple issues that I haven't seen mentioned. I use opera mini and sometimes while I'm typing in an address, it will repeat a random letter until I hit the back button. The media player has quit with an error message in the middle of a song and required a reboot. Other than that my storm has been pretty much perfect.

Sorry to rant, but I felt compelled to share my luck. Yes, it does need some polishing, but that's what you get for being an early adopter. I know mine isn't going back anytime soon.

Actually, my only real complaint is turning on speakerphone with my face in the middle of a conversation.
    Last edited by TiNuts; 12-05-08 at 07:17 PM.
    My apologies for the misunderstanding, I read the initial sentence after being quoted and thought it was directed specifically at me. I'd personally give it a little more time. You have until the 15th of January and there's expected to be another OS update between now and then. With the holidays coming up I can't imagine that your workload would be all that much between now and the new update plus you'll probably have time off of work completely.

Just my .02. I recognize that there are problems but like I said, I view them as tolerable and getting fixed so I stick it out.
    Its not a problem CSSVT.. actually I'm a college student who needs his phone to work smoothly with finals coming up.. I used my palm to read pdfs and slides but the storm is too laggy for that as of right now..So ill switch back for little hope it will be fixed soon...
    12-05-08 07:12 PM
    Its not a problem CSSVT.. actually I'm a college student who needs his phone to work smoothly with finals coming up.. I used my palm to read pdfs and slides but the storm is too laggy for that as of right now..So ill switch back for little hope it will be fixed soon...
    Same situation with me for college and all. Personally I don't use mine to view PDFs. I use it for fun with the occasional schedule update and email/browsing on the go. Being at VT means there's WiFi pretty much everywhere and I always have my laptop with me so I'm not using anythin but texting excessively during the day.
    12-05-08 07:15 PM
    In all honesty, I believe the majority of Storm users are satisfied and that their phones are not having these major glitches. I know myself, who got 2 the first day, have been using them non-stop (my wife and I) without the major problems that have been described. 2 of my co-workers have the Storm as well and love them. I feel for those who do not have a Storm that is working properly.
    I also believe that some phones may have problems and with the unavailability of replacements readily available, some people believe that the Storms are just not worth the effort. Oh well.
    12-05-08 07:16 PM
    Guys, guys, guys, VZ will fix this phone. Their and RIMs reputation rest on this. Millions and Millions of dollars are at stake. IT WILL GET FIXED BE PATIENT. VZ has the best network out there and they will not let this go unfixed.
    12-05-08 07:17 PM
    Mine has been definitely the 1 1/2 hour wait that I had to "suffer" through. Lucky me!
    12-05-08 07:18 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD