I understand that in this age, the latest and best is always wanted. But theres a one thing that im always hearing that irritates me. Its the whole Iphone comparison thing.

Why is it always done. Iphones are awesome, dont get me wrong. But I think when they compare them , I think they should point out the obvious differences, before they compare them

I mean take the storm for example. It was made for the casual user, but when you really get down to it, it still a business users ideal tool. Which in my opinion is something that id rather not lose in a phone, even though i have no business

It just seems like every phone that is released is being compared to this phone, which isnt bad, but alot of reviews i looked @ pior to buying makes it seems like the Iphone is THE best phone out right now, which I think is false, because although its clunky and unattractive, the G1 is way better, and ANDROID os pwns.

And just one more thing to consider, this is RIM'S First attempt at a solid touch screen phone, which in my opinion, i love it. I like the clicking, and the feel. It is on the heavier side, but its stylish, and modern. I feel there are a few things to work on but thats just being picky!(Only real concern is that the screen jiggles a little bit, if you click it and move your finger up and down.) But those are wrinkles that will get ironed out as the phone gains momentum.

All in all, i just think that people are basing their opinions on this phone, and any phone of that matter off of the iphone, which shouldnt happen considering that they are both used the same. They should be tooken in and analyzed for what they bring to the table, instead of comparing each other. Although......

THERE IS A FART APP FOR THE IPHONE THAT IS KILLER. I MADE A GROWN MAN RUN OUT THE AISLE thinking that he had sharted on himself
    03-13-09 09:25 AM
    Coke vs Pepsi, Yankees vs Redsocks, standard vs automatic, real vs fake, heads vs tails, Spy vs Spy, Jason vs Freddy, Pearl Jam vs Nirvana, David Lee Roth vs Sammy Hagar... I'm sure there are others that I missed.

So long as there is more than one, there will be rivalry. And opinions. GAWD! I hate the opinions! Especially since mine is the only one that counts. Isn't that right people? I said ISN'T IT!?

** I should clarify for some that my opinion on opinions is purely my opinion and should not sway your opinion on the subject of opinions. Unless, of course, you're wrong. (=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 10:03 AM
    Coke vs Pepsi, Yankees vs Redsocks, standard vs automatic, real vs fake, heads vs tails, Spy vs Spy, Jason vs Freddy, Pearl Jam vs Nirvana, David Lee Roth vs Sammy Hagar... I'm sure there are others that I missed.

So long as there is more than one, there will be rivalry. And opinions. GAWD! I hate the opinions! Especially since mine is the only one that counts. Isn't that right people? I said ISN'T IT!?

** I should clarify for some that my opinion on opinions is purely my opinion and should not sway your opinion on the subject of opinions. Unless, of course, you're wrong. (=

lmfao at the opinion part!
    03-13-09 11:09 AM
    I think you nailed it Squeegee. Like it or not it will always happen
    03-13-09 12:16 PM

Is that your only opinion?
    03-13-09 12:19 PM
    Coke vs Pepsi, Yankees vs Redsocks, standard vs automatic, real vs fake, heads vs tails, Spy vs Spy, Jason vs Freddy, Pearl Jam vs Nirvana, David Lee Roth vs Sammy Hagar... I'm sure there are others that I missed....
    You forgot Ohio State vs Michigan. =)

I hava always been saying that comparing the phones is really meaningless. Different strokes for different folks. As long as you like the phone yourself and that's all it matters. To me, I love the Storm. And that's good enough for me. Whatever the iPhone can do or cannot do is no concern to me.

Last edited by substring; 03-13-09 at 01:25 PM.
    03-13-09 01:22 PM
    THERE IS A FART APP FOR THE IPHONE THAT IS KILLER. I MADE A GROWN MAN RUN OUT THE AISLE thinking that he had sharted on himself

There's one for the BB too someplace. Kind of embarrassing that someone actually took the time to write such a thing--if that's what you're into, it's out there.
    03-13-09 01:25 PM
    I understand that in this age, the latest and best is always wanted. But theres a one thing that im always hearing that irritates me. Its the whole Iphone comparison thing.

Why is it always done. Iphones are awesome, dont get me wrong. But I think when they compare them , I think they should point out the obvious differences, before they compare them

I mean take the storm for example. It was made for the casual user, but when you really get down to it, it still a business users ideal tool. Which in my opinion is something that id rather not lose in a phone, even though i have no business

It just seems like every phone that is released is being compared to this phone, which isnt bad, but alot of reviews i looked @ pior to buying makes it seems like the Iphone is THE best phone out right now, which I think is false, because although its clunky and unattractive, the G1 is way better, and ANDROID os pwns.

And just one more thing to consider, this is RIM'S First attempt at a solid touch screen phone, which in my opinion, i love it. I like the clicking, and the feel. It is on the heavier side, but its stylish, and modern. I feel there are a few things to work on but thats just being picky!(Only real concern is that the screen jiggles a little bit, if you click it and move your finger up and down.) But those are wrinkles that will get ironed out as the phone gains momentum.

All in all, i just think that people are basing their opinions on this phone, and any phone of that matter off of the iphone, which shouldnt happen considering that they are both used the same. They should be tooken in and analyzed for what they bring to the table, instead of comparing each other. Although......

Its because the IPhone works very well and Apple and AT&T support it very very well. Did you know on March 17 they (Apple) will release the all new 3.0 O/S that will now feature push e mail, cut and paste and a ton of other new features? This is like the 4th O/S upgrade since July and they just keep coming better and better. Everyone is chasing Apple now as I see it and they are going to be awful hard to catch. This is why the IPhone is looked at as the "gold standard" in touch screen phones. Not to mention the IPhone is so user friendly a Monkey could use it.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-13-09 at 01:43 PM.
    03-13-09 01:29 PM
    “Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man's self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.”Francis Bacon
    03-13-09 01:37 PM
    Well, I'm reminded of something someone once said to me: Opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one.

But if you really want to know the reasons why, you need to study the psychological cognitive dissonance theory and some of the competing theories.

You also have to understand that some people, mostly young men, feel insecure in their sexuality. Either they think their "manhood" is too small, that they're crap in bed, they're starting to wonder if maybe they're gay, etc. So, they will go out and buy things like sports cars, expensive clothes, high end cell phones... All in an effort to try and make up for any real or perceived shortcomings they may have to other guys.

You could probably make an evolutionary argument where men would more or less have to compete for women. Women would select men based on their perceived ability to give them strong offspring. So a large... Member... Lots of muscles... These things might signify that you could give strong offspring in the sense that you must be successful to be able to have these things. Incidentally, you could also say this is why women prefer older men (to survive into old age would be a sign of success) and men prefer younger women (less likely to die in childbirth, and more likely able to provide multiple children).

So while I'm sure you didn't mean to, you opened up a big psycho-social can of worms with an evolutionary biology twist. But the long and short of it is that people are insecure with their sexuality and think that a flashy cell phone will somehow make up for their shortcomings in the eyes of prospective mates. So if someone pins a lot of their hopes on having the "best" cell phone out there, and someone comes along with a strong contender to the throne, they need to try and protect their phone's status as the "best". So they will seek to undermine any rivals, real or perceived, at any and every chance.

So even shorter... The young men who buy Jesus Phones thinking it will help them get laid are afraid that young men with Storm's might get some of the women who would sleep with them simply because of the cell phone they own.

By and large, the women Jesus Phone owners don't do this. And women tend to compete with one another in far more subtle ways. Men like to just beat the sh!t out of one another, women will try and make one another look like an undesirable mate to men.
    03-13-09 02:54 PM
    Well, I'm reminded of something someone once said to me: Opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one.

But if you really want to know the reasons why, you need to study the psychological cognitive dissonance theory and some of the competing theories.

You also have to understand that some people, mostly young men, feel insecure in their sexuality. Either they think their "manhood" is too small, that they're crap in bed, they're starting to wonder if maybe they're gay, etc. So, they will go out and buy things like sports cars, expensive clothes, high end cell phones... All in an effort to try and make up for any real or perceived shortcomings they may have to other guys.

You could probably make an evolutionary argument where men would more or less have to compete for women. Women would select men based on their perceived ability to give them strong offspring. So a large... Member... Lots of muscles... These things might signify that you could give strong offspring in the sense that you must be successful to be able to have these things. Incidentally, you could also say this is why women prefer older men (to survive into old age would be a sign of success) and men prefer younger women (less likely to die in childbirth, and more likely able to provide multiple children).

So while I'm sure you didn't mean to, you opened up a big psycho-social can of worms with an evolutionary biology twist. But the long and short of it is that people are insecure with their sexuality and think that a flashy cell phone will somehow make up for their shortcomings in the eyes of prospective mates. So if someone pins a lot of their hopes on having the "best" cell phone out there, and someone comes along with a strong contender to the throne, they need to try and protect their phone's status as the "best". So they will seek to undermine any rivals, real or perceived, at any and every chance.

So even shorter... The young men who buy Jesus Phones thinking it will help them get laid are afraid that young men with Storm's might get some of the women who would sleep with them simply because of the cell phone they own.

By and large, the women Jesus Phone owners don't do this. And women tend to compete with one another in far more subtle ways. Men like to just beat the sh!t out of one another, women will try and make one another look like an undesirable mate to men.
    WOW!

03-13-09 03:02 PM
    So then I guess your saying we should start a new thread in the lounge section along with the car and job threads that goes something like "Post a picture of your P*n*s? and just get to the "meat" of the topic and delete the rest of the above?
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-13-09 at 03:10 PM.
    03-13-09 03:05 PM
    So then I guess your saying we should start a new thread in the lounge section along with the car and job threads that goes something like "Post a picture of your P*n*s? and just get the the "meat" of the topic and delete the rest of the above?
    If you want to get down to what people really want to know, then yes.
    03-13-09 03:09 PM

It is Red Sox not Redsocks....LOL
    03-13-09 03:10 PM
    RIM has been making great smartphones before Apple. Like it or not Apple has set the standard (not that the standard is very high, this is where marketing come into play) when it comes to touchscreen phones. The Storm is a great device, i personally love mine but it is inexcusable the Storm is like how it is today. I said it before and i'll say it again the Storm OS should have been built for the hardware.
    03-13-09 03:17 PM
    You forgot Ohio State vs Michigan. =)

I hava always been saying that comparing the phones is really meaningless. Different strokes for different folks. As long as you like the phone yourself and that's all it matters. To me, I love the Storm. And that's good enough for me. Whatever the iPhone can do or cannot do is no concern to me.

Georgia vs Florida..

i was thinking the same thing.. i havent seen the Sox name spelled like that in a good lil while..

i chuckled..
    03-13-09 03:27 PM
    Its because the IPhone works very well and Apple and AT&T support it very very well. Did you know on March 17 they (Apple) will release the all new 3.0 O/S that will now feature push e mail, cut and paste and a ton of other new features? This is like the 4th O/S upgrade since July and they just keep coming better and better. Everyone is chasing Apple now as I see it and they are going to be awful hard to catch. This is why the IPhone is looked at as the "gold standard" in touch screen phones. Not to mention the IPhone is so user friendly a Monkey could use it.
    I have an iPhone and fully agree that they've done a great job with the OS in just under 2 years on the market. However, The information that you've posted on the features of 3.0 is purely conjecture and I've seen no official statement, to date, that C&P or push email for anything other than MobileMe and Exchange will be included. I assume that's what you meant by push email since version 2.0 already has push and has since last summer.

You also say "a ton of other features" but don't say what those features are. But again, since no official statement has been released on features, you could not and should not tout them as any sort of fact just yet.

I truly hope and would assume that those features the iPhone are missing will be included in 3.0, but I wouldn't go bragging about it to heavily here until there is some fact to back it up. Even then, I doubt if anyone in this forum will really care one way or the other. Better to post it in the iPhone section of this site and try and keep the peace.
    03-13-09 03:28 PM

"SOX"... get it right haha
    03-13-09 03:29 PM
    < looks away embarrassed by stoopid spellling erorr>

(=

03-13-09 04:02 PM

That. Was. Awesome. Well said.

03-13-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD