so im sitting here reading bout the Storm2 and how many people are pissed off. I started thinking, who's gonna be the first to call VZW and rant about the phone?
    has anyone called yet?
    report answers here.........
    05-21-09 07:11 PM
    Call and rant about what ?
    05-21-09 07:12 PM
    Im just going to get it..I want to have both..
    05-21-09 07:13 PM
    about getting the upcoming release of the new storm...
    05-21-09 07:14 PM
    I'm sure everyone will be allowed to buy it...
    05-21-09 07:14 PM
    Yeah im pretty sure they will do a iphone thing and let everyone get it at the 2 year contract price. or atleast i hope
    05-21-09 07:16 PM
    I'm sure everyone will be allowed to buy it...
    yeah but im just saying whos gonna call verizon and make the same statements that they've been yaping about around here
    05-21-09 07:17 PM
    ^^sooks you are talking about Verizon here......come on : )
    05-21-09 07:18 PM
    lmao.........
    05-21-09 07:18 PM
    LOL , true , but i really do believe they will allow a upgrade
    05-21-09 07:19 PM
    and the rep I talked to had no clue what I was talking about.
    05-21-09 07:20 PM
    yeah but im just saying whos gonna call verizon and make the same statements that they've been yaping about around here
    I'm sure a few of them will... there's no doubt in my mind!
    05-21-09 07:20 PM
    LOL , true , but i really do believe they will allow a upgrade
    no doubt they will allow an upgrade.........at full retail : )
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    and the rep I talked to had no clue what I was talking about.
    you know what would be funny as **** is if everyone here starts calling after reading this just to mess with the reps......
    05-21-09 07:31 PM
    you know what would be funny as **** is if everyone here starts calling after reading this just to mess with the reps......
    Lets all call at the same time (Million users) that should teach them
    05-21-09 07:34 PM
    You can call or you can email, voicing your opinions about how Storm 1 owners ought to receive a free upgrade to the Storm 2.

Link to the Verizon Wireless email web form:

Verizon Wireless Contact form

They actually read these and write back! Here's the reply I got:

Dear ____ ,

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the Blackberry Storm. My name is Angelo, and I am happy to assist you.

Please call us from a landline at 800-922-0204; we will be glad to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing with your device. Many of us here are using the Storm and they are very happy with the device. I used it for three days and I did not have any problems other than having difficulties learning the device. If we are not able to fix the problems you are having with your Blackberry we will be glad to look at the replacement options available.

I will also suggest contacting us when the new Blackberry is available and we can see then what we need to do to help you getting one.

____, I am glad I had the opportunity to help you today. I hope the issues you are having with your Blackberry are resolved soon. I want to thank you for being a valued customer since 2005; at Verizon Wireless we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Angelo

Verizon Wireless

Customer service
    05-21-09 08:11 PM
    Wait, so you want people to call Verizon and say you are upset with them releasing a new device? Probably the stupidest thing I have read on this board.

Your Storm will still work, it's not like it is going to shut down once the Storm 2 comes out. People are going to have a newew device; that's the way it works.

It's 2009... technology is advancing quicker than ever. Get over it.
    05-21-09 08:26 PM
    Wait, so you want people to call Verizon and say you are upset with them releasing a new device? Probably the stupidest thing I have read on this board.

Your Storm will still work, it's not like it is going to shut down once the Storm 2 comes out. People are going to have a newew device; that's the way it works.

It's 2009... technology is advancing quicker than ever. Get over it.
    The point in contacting them would be in hopes they will give Storm 1 owners a chance to upgrade to the Storm 2 for free or at a heavily subsidized price. Better for them to hear from us now than when it's too late, after its release.

Send your emails! Flood their servers!

VZW contact form
    05-21-09 08:29 PM
    The point in contacting them would be in hopes they will give Storm 1 owners a chance to upgrade to the Storm 2 for free or at a heavily subsidized price. Better for them to hear from us now than when it's too late, after its release.

VZW contact form
    Like you've flooded every thread with the same post?
    05-21-09 08:31 PM

VZW contact form
    Why should Storm 1 owners be entitled to free or subsidized prices? You have your phone, you knew you were going to be purchasing a first generation device.

Am I entitled to a new laptop if, 6 months after I bought mine, I saw a newer one released?
    05-21-09 08:35 PM
    You're right, we're not entitled, and your argument makes sense. Essentially this is asking VZW for a huge favor in return for our continued loyalty to VZW. With the release of iPhone 3.0 and the Palm Pre, incentive for VZW to keep customers is greater than ever. There are a lot of disgruntled Storm 1 owners out there and if a substantial portion of them threatened to indeed get up and leave, then VZW does have a business incentive to try to keep them by offering them a new phone (in addition to potentially extending their contract).

I, for one, am willing to drop VZW and pay an early termination fee in exchange for a phone I am happy with (read: iPhone or Pre) if VZW fails to offer a trade-in for the Storm 2. I hope others feel the same.

Again, everyone email them now and let your voice be heard.
    Last edited by eastwind; 05-21-09 at 08:43 PM.
    05-21-09 08:40 PM
    Like you've flooded every thread with the same post?
    Lead by example, right?

I'll stop now, hopefully enough people will get on it now.
    05-21-09 08:50 PM
    Why should Storm 1 owners be entitled to free or subsidized prices? You have your phone, you knew you were going to be purchasing a first generation device.

Am I entitled to a new laptop if, 6 months after I bought mine, I saw a newer one released?
    No I think if your said laptop would only work properly for half the time and a new one comes out to replace the one you purchased because they could not fix what was wrong with the one you bought said time ago.
    I think that's what he means......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:54 PM
    Yea, if when you bought your laptop you had to sign a 2 year CONTRACT.

People seem to be forgetting that...
    05-21-09 11:04 PM
    Remember a while back Sprint canceled contracts because they had thousands of people that decided to call multiple times a day to complain about issues. Since each call costs the company a certain amount, Sprint could no longer afford it. Even if we couldn't get a million people to call, 300,000 folks calling a few times a day could most def causes issues lol.
    05-21-09 11:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD