06-11-10 02:24 PM
315 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I will wait to see what 6.0 and webkit brings. If there is not a huge improvement, then I am going to android. I just saw the software video at android central and I am very impressed.... RIM, get your gameface on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 07:24 AM
    As much as I want webkit, OM5 has been good for me and I don't mind using OM5.
    04-19-10 08:05 AM
    I actually was checking out the Droid Eris, but then it hit me. There is too much I would miss on my S2. One of the big things is BBM, and also Tether. Just can not stray from the Berry.
    There are tenthering apps for Android. In fact there is WiFi tether if you root.

04-19-10 08:34 AM
    I think any phones out there now can tether, well any phone that has internet. I know back when the voyager came out, I had tethering too.
    04-19-10 08:37 AM
    After years of supporting BB, the news that I continue to hear (developers dropping RIM, RIM 3 yrs after the iPhone is finally working on their 1st webkit browser, same old, decrepid OS, etc.) I am going to give another smartphone a chance. Android, HTC Incredible is probably going to get a buy frome me, whether or not I return it and switch back to the Storm2, or keep it and give thousands of dollars and years of loyalty and service to Google is NOW upto Google. It's no longer upto RIM, they had their chance and sat on their hands, now I'm giving Google a shot. I'll let you know if they make the most of it for me (if anyone cares).
    04-19-10 04:37 PM
    BB Forever...All hail the Storm.
    04-19-10 04:39 PM
    im sticking with my storm. i love bb for what it is and sometimes hate it for what it isnt. i played call of duty zombies on my teammates iphone and i must say i was enamored and jealous at the same time
    04-19-10 05:56 PM
    I would love to, but I gotta start spending money practically, haha!
    04-19-10 06:15 PM
    After years of supporting BB, the news that I continue to hear (developers dropping RIM, RIM 3 yrs after the iPhone is finally working on their 1st webkit browser, same old, decrepid OS, etc.) I am going to give another smartphone a chance. Android, HTC Incredible is probably going to get a buy frome me, whether or not I return it and switch back to the Storm2, or keep it and give thousands of dollars and years of loyalty and service to Google is NOW upto Google. It's no longer upto RIM, they had their chance and sat on their hands, now I'm giving Google a shot. I'll let you know if they make the most of it for me (if anyone cares).
    You said it all very well. Spend your money where it does the most for you. You can not buy loyalty but you sure can buy a better device.

04-20-10 05:14 AM
    Good question...Looking for a device that plays webcast.

Looking at the Droid (2nd Gen) or the Palm Pre.
    04-20-10 05:57 AM
    Um...yeah...not this guy. Def. staying with the storm 2 and BB's in general. Back in Jan. of this year I messed up and bought a Droid just because I wanted to see what all the hype was about and I was going from a Storm 1 so I was pretty pissed about all the stale issues I had been having. Needless to say, I have had a BB since the original Pearl and imediately fell in love with BB. I even had my Storm 1 for a year before going to Droid....BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!! At least for me anyway. I had my droid for 3 months and went back to BB...STORM 2 BABY! The storm 2 fixed all the issues that I had with my original Storm and is great for me. The Droid OS is nice but its just so out there. 7 sliding screen with all these widgets and icons and fireworks that shoot flames out of the headphone jack and....thats just it. The OS in my opinion had way too much going on. And at times it almost had nothing going on. It was either bare with very little eye candy or looked like someone had poured a bag of icons and widgets on a table with no organization whatsoever. And dont even get me started on the Exchange Server email...GARBAGE! Ok, so there were some GREAT things about the Droid. But if your like me, everything you love about your BB is everything that a Droid just wont do the same for you. If your not a hardcore BB user then you probably wont care or even notice. But if you really do like BB's, then you'll probably switch like I did, really enjoy the things that it does better than the BB (Browser and Apps are really the only 2 things) and then realize that all the hype was just that...hype, miss your BB and the OS and the simple way it just...freakin'...worked! Deuces.
    Last edited by lcargile01; 04-21-10 at 08:09 AM.
    04-21-10 08:02 AM
    OS 6.0 is coming in just in time, well not for some. My excitement is rejuvenated. No longer need to drool over these fancy Android phones. If I get that new OS with the new multiple homepage screen, as well as improved kinetic scrolling, email interface, messaging, and the long awaited webkit browser, I will be good for quite a while.
    04-21-10 08:27 AM
    I'm excited about 6.0 coming out. I hope it's everything that I've wanted BB to be. I've looked at other options too because as a previous post said, I've waited three+ years for RIM to do something. I'm very inclined to give another device a try though.
    04-21-10 08:34 AM
    Storm still has issues but I'll stick to my Blackberry still.
    World phone
    Bbm (especially since its free over seas to text with the international plan)
    Push email (I love the ability to respond to emails within minutes to help others out when needed no need to wait and cause more downtime at other sites)
    Surepress (a lot might not like but I love it)

For me to think about another phone, it needs world capabilities and push email. I don't mind not having bbm since I can send emails and as long as its push email, I will be fine. I can deal with no surepress but it would suck. But if the OS is better then RIM and has those feature then I'd leave RIM.

I think I am jumping ship...but not 100%. the S2 is going to my wife so she can ditch her 8330. I figure why not... i have 30 days to figure it out. I am not worried about it not being a world phone. But I am definitely going to miss BBM and surepress/suretype. no question about it.

Push email is another huge consideration...but i use Gmail and from what i have read, Gmail is push on Android and is almost as fast as BB. since i am not doing $7,000 deals in gas stations, i can wait an extra minute or two for my emails.

It has been a tough decision because I really do like the S2!!! but i think if i can get used to typing on it and gmail works as thought, i will end up being really happy with it.
    04-21-10 11:40 AM
    The things you say that you are going to miss are the same things that I thought I was going to miss. To me the keyboard/typing is just not where it should be on the Android phones. JUST MY OPINION so no one go getting all "Android is holier than thou". Just didnt suit me. GMail is ok, but ive never been a huge fan. Everything runs very smooth though and the browser is just as good if not better than the IPhone. Like you said why not, youve got 30 days to figure it out. Hope all works out for you.
    04-21-10 12:16 PM
    The storm is a better phone. Its been proven. Stick with it and don't be disappointed like so many of the droid victims.

04-21-10 01:26 PM
    Hi to all of you I had the s1 for a year exchanged 6 times and then I got the droid for a month I really liked for the speed and the apps, then I got the s2 , I just got my 1st replacement , with new os and screen and honestly this is the best phone I ever had , I just wish the internet was faster but for a phone is great even in my laptop with fios takes a little to load.,

And remember a smart phone is just smart as the owner , so if you can handle a bb storm 2 , probably you may need to consider a regular phone like the gayphone, sorry iphone...

If you want a toy get a droid if you want a challenge get a blackberry.

04-21-10 02:15 PM
    Patiently waiting for the iphone 4g...
    04-21-10 02:27 PM
    Of all the available smartphones, there is no doubt that RIM does the best job on the 2 basic functions of a phone: Calls and messaging. It is a phone for crying out loud!!!. Now, when you come to being 'smart' i.e. acting like other gadgets viz-a-viz multimedia, game console, navigation device, personal computer, etc. the Storm 2 does an okay job. That said, the Android platform at the moment have not mastered any of these. iPhone is the king of multimedia and games. Google still needs to work harder on Android before convincing me.

The only Android, I will be interested to try is the HTC Evo 4G that will be coming on the Sprint Network just because of the hardware specs.

Anyway, waiting on OS 6.0 on Storm 2.
    04-21-10 04:02 PM
    OS6 looks like a good improvement but who knows when it'll come out. Probably not till fall or winter...
    04-21-10 08:13 PM
    I will be purchasing an HTC Incredible next week at VZW. I am eligible for an early upgrade at promotional pricing with a new 2 year contract, so $199 after rebate sounds good to me. I can return the phone within 30 days if I don't like it and go back to my S2. If I decide to keep the Incredible, then I will unlock my S2 and should be able to sell it for $350-400 on eBay, which will actually end up making me a profit from purchasing the Incredible.

Although I have HATED all of my previous Blackberry's (Pearl, World Phone & Curve), I have grown to love my S2. However, a better browser and app availability is more important to me right now than push email. Hopefully the Incredible will work out for me.
    04-21-10 09:40 PM
    I'm a backberry kid. I love my blackberry
    04-21-10 09:58 PM
    I'm getting an Incredible. I am loving the direction of Android and tired of BlackBerry. I have been a berry user for five years and am just ready for a change. I will probably be back one day, but I'm excited for the Android.

04-21-10 09:59 PM
    I will be purchasing an HTC Incredible next week at VZW. I am eligible for an early upgrade at promotional pricing with a new 2 year contract, so $199 after rebate sounds good to me. I can return the phone within 30 days if I don't like it and go back to my S2. If I decide to keep the Incredible, then I will unlock my S2 and should be able to sell it for $350-400 on eBay, which will actually end up making me a profit from purchasing the Incredible.

Although I have HATED all of my previous Blackberry's (Pearl, World Phone & Curve), I have grown to love my S2. However, a better browser and app availability is more important to me right now than push email. Hopefully the Incredible will work out for me.
    I much agree with you. I am doing the same exact thing and jumping onto a Droid Incredible.
    04-22-10 05:11 AM
    Well my HTC is ordered. I'm gone from BB by the end of the month, and I can't wait. I've been with BB since the 7100i but given RIM won't speed up the phones, have a good handle on QC (I've blown through 4 9630's and 2 9550's) I really can't see staying with a company that could care less about people.

I've been on Gmail for a long time now and will love the "push" system just as much as RIM's but when your able to use your phone for more than just a paper weight maybe I might come back.

P.S Anyone wanna buy a 3 week old 9550 refurb? P.M if you want to!!!!! I'm thinking around $175 shipped
    Last edited by thankgod4sig; 04-22-10 at 05:44 AM.
    04-22-10 05:42 AM
315 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD