Played with the Incredible in the store today and it's a really nice phone. I think it's kinda skinny screen-wise but the screen is awesome. I wasn't a fan of typing on the phone as I'm used to my Storm that I've had for over a year but I'm sure you could get used to it over time.
    As comparison to a BB the browser on the phone is completely sick and if the new web kit in OS6 works anything like the Droid browser then it would be awesome. People make a big deal about the simplicity of the BB OS and how it's old and not flashy. However playing with the Incredible and I sent a few SMS and MMS messages to my phone and performed a several other functions, it just seems like it was too many steps and time consuming, maybe too flashy I guess is what I'm trying to say. I could be completely wrong here thou, as the phone was not set up to the likings of any user as I'm sure the experience may be different.
    Point is I love my BB and am hard pressed to give it up for the purpose of email for work and BBM, as I have a lot of contacts on BBM. However, it's just getting to the point where I think RIM is soooo slow and waiting here for a comparable device to anything like the Incredible is getting ridiculious. This point was kinda pointed out on the Podcast today with Kevin, BG and crew. WES comes and goes and they show us devices(Bold & Pearl) that we've know about for over a year. They are just now getting released with nothing exciting really about them except RIM expects us to be excited. If RIM was actually even trying to make an ATTEMPT to keep up, then the 2 devices they should've had waiting at WES IMO with a full on hands show would be the Slider, S3 and maybe even Dakota. However, now they will release these phones in who knows what timeframe, since they wanna be all secretive now about crap upcoming revamped same devices, when in reality they should be released now like the Bold and Pearl are. Instead maybe we will see a S3 in 8 months and by that time who knows what ridiculious devices other companies will be coming out with. There will probably be the Droid Ludacris out by the time we see the Dakota and the Ludacris will probably be able to flush your BB BOLD/TOUR-6 down the toilet for ya.
    Cause seriously at this point it's getting LUDACRIS RIM
    Sorry for my rant at the end there....
    I agree 100%....but I did pick up the HTC....I think like anything else it takes getting used to. I didn't have too many bbm contacts so I am not worried there.
    Actually, Kevin's pyramid of needs helped me determine which device will work for me.
    04-29-10 01:51 PM
    Let me first say.. I really slammed the Moto Droid when I got it. It wasn't intuitive, it took more clicks to do things, etc. Yeah, it had a fast/nice browser, and a nice high rez screen, but that was all. The rest left me standing scratching my head.

I used the Devour for about a week after I got it, but couldn't stay with it any longer because of the poor battery life.

My Incredible arrived on Tuesday morning. I've been using it since, and I can see what some/alot of the fuss is about. It is a nice device. Sense UI does mask a lot of the things I "complained" about when using the Moto Droid.

I like how my berry handles multiple email accounts (better than any of the 3 Android devices I have), I like the Facebook notifications my BB gives me and how that works with the face book app, I LOVE and don't think I can live without BT Voice Activated dialing via my headset, I found Viigo great and easy to use, and I do like having to "click" on the SurePress screen.

But I am finding things I like about the Incredible.

Enough so that it will be a much harder decision between the Incredible and Storm2 for my personal line...

To add.. neither the BB's or Droids are perfect... the problem is trying to find that balance of which device does what I need better. It used to definitely always be Blackberry... now, the door is opened a little, and an Android device might slip in there to the front of the line...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 04-29-10 at 02:09 PM.
    04-29-10 02:03 PM
    there isn't one that is better than the other, it all comes down to the needs of the user. blackberry is more business centric and there to help you be more productive. droid lineup is there to fill more entertainment needs. my s2 fits my needs, i had an iphone and never really had much use for all the apps. i'm busy with work through the day and don't have time to play around on my phone. i need it to work when i pick it up and that's why i will stick with my s2.
    04-29-10 02:08 PM
    Sticking with my Blackberry!!
    04-29-10 02:16 PM
    I think the radio issue with .607 surfaced at a very interesting time...hey storm 2 users, upgrade your software while we release a new android phone...don't worry it will make your storm 2 work better, just ignore the fact the two were timed perfectly......right?
    04-29-10 02:17 PM
    I think the radio issue with .607 surfaced at a very interesting time...hey storm 2 users, upgrade your software while we release a new android phone...don't worry it will make your storm 2 work better, just ignore the fact the two were timed perfectly......right?
    no not at all, what were you thinking when you came to this conclusion?
    04-29-10 02:22 PM
    that my radio sucks on .607 and it worked fine before the upgrade...then a new android phone surfaces...feels like vzw is pushing me to android thats all...
    04-29-10 02:28 PM
    haha that really makes me laugh
    04-29-10 02:29 PM
    I just made the switch. I'm going to miss having a blackberry. I would've stayed if I knew if that the new bold would be released within my 30 day window. The new bold does not have an official verizon release date other than the rumor floating around of may 1st and there's no way I would get the about to expire tour that sucks. The clicky storm2 keyboard is great when it works, but when it starts to malfunction, it's frustrating as ****.

Maybe I'll be back when os6 comes out and if RIM can fix its touchscreen problems.
    04-29-10 02:50 PM
    Apps, processor, camera, OS,

That was easy. I'm a Droid noob and I could answer that.

I'm by no means a Droid fanboy, however, I've come to terms with reality. I like my S2, yes, but there is almost no comparison between the 2. You're in denial if you consider them within the same ballpark as eachother. Sure, the S2 does the job for most people, but the Incredible appears to do the job and then some.
    Evidently not easy enough for you. I can point out phone features too but you didnt answer anything.

What can that phone do that the Storm 2 cannot? Other than browsing?

Nothing.

Again, I like the Incredible and would even consider getting one if my contract was up (Driod is sweet, it really is) but there is nothing groundbreaking on any smart phone at the moment that makes them "leaps and bounds ahead of blackberry" other than the browser.

All the fanboyism over smart phones is rediculous. Tell me something like "the droid incredible will type emails for you while ordering premium steaks on the internet as you get hungry and blackberry cannot" or something.

Something anecdotal would be better than "it is better, because it is better".
    Last edited by waker; 04-29-10 at 02:56 PM.
    04-29-10 02:50 PM
    dear dude:

how is the droid better, besides the browser? honest answer ("oooooh its pretty" will suffice)

thank you,

me

(I like the incredible a lot too, but you guys get too cought up in eye candy.)
    Evidently not easy enough for you. I can point out phone features too but you didnt answer anything.

What can that phone do that the Storm 2 cannot? Other than browsing?

Nothing.

Again, I like the Incredible and would even consider getting one if my contract was up (Driod is sweet, it really is) but there is nothing groundbreaking on any smart phone at the moment that makes them "leaps and bounds ahead of blackberry" other than the browser.

All the fanboyism over smart phones is rediculous. Tell me something like "the droid incredible will type emails for you while ordering premium steaks on the internet as you get hungry and blackberry cannot" or something.

Something anecdotal would be better than "it is better, because it is better".
    .... I did answer your question. You asked how the Incredible was better, and I answered. It is better because of the huge app market, the faster processor, the 8MP camera, and the OS.

I'm not saying there is anything groundbreaking about the Incredible, or any Droid. I'm just saying that they are leaps and bounds better phones than the S2. It seems like the consensus on this entire forum is "RIM phones do enough to get me by, but are far behind other smart phones on the market"... and that's the ONLY point I'm trying to make.

Its not that the S2 or any BB is a bad phone, just that the phones are lagging behind other phones on the market, before the BB even gets released.
    04-29-10 03:04 PM
    I'm staying old school with my Storm 1 LOL.

Now if they would just make a better browser I'd really be happy.
    04-29-10 03:09 PM
    .... I did answer your question. You asked how the Incredible was better, and I answered. It is better because of the huge app market, the faster processor, the 8MP camera, and the OS.

I'm not saying there is anything groundbreaking about the Incredible, or any Droid. I'm just saying that they are leaps and bounds better phones than the S2. It seems like the consensus on this entire forum is "RIM phones do enough to get me by, but are far behind other smart phones on the market"... and that's the ONLY point I'm trying to make.

Its not that the S2 or any BB is a bad phone, just that the phones are lagging behind other phones on the market, before the BB even gets released.
    none of those features appeal to me, bb has the bbm and droid has nothing close to that. email on the bb in way ahead of the droid. last time i checked you had to download an app just to send a group text on the droid... pretty common feature why not include that in the OS from god himself...
    04-29-10 03:11 PM
    Let me first say.. I really slammed the Moto Droid when I got it. It wasn't intuitive, it took more clicks to do things, etc. Yeah, it had a fast/nice browser, and a nice high rez screen, but that was all. The rest left me standing scratching my head.
    I like how my berry handles multiple email accounts (better than any of the 3 Android devices I have), I like the Facebook notifications my BB gives me and how that works with the face book app, I LOVE and don't think I can live without BT Voice Activated dialing via my headset, I found Viigo great and easy to use, and I do like having to "click" on the SurePress screen.
    Do you not get facebook alerts on the Incredible? I guess I had thought about email but not about FB..

I could live without BT VAD, although that's because I don't use a BT headset. I did just order the Plantronics 975 today, thanks to the Verizon 24-Hr sale site. Lol

On Droids, are you limited to 160 character texts?

To add.. neither the BB's or Droids are perfect... the problem is trying to find that balance of which device does what I need better. It used to definitely always be Blackberry... now, the door is opened a little, and an Android device might slip in there to the front of the line...
    This is how I feel.. I renewed my contract and got the S2 knowing that the Droid was right around the corner, I ONLY had eyes for BB. Now I'm sort of asking myself "Yeah, the S2 is a nice phone, but I did turn down a well performing phone, why?"
    04-29-10 03:20 PM
    Storm 1 totally smokes the Incredible, not even a comparison!!
    ---Towlie
    04-29-10 03:37 PM
    Fellas I just got back from the Verizon store literally like minutes ago and walked out of there with nothing, my brother did buy it, but he was upgrading from the S1 which we all know was pretty S****y.......

In all reality, i'm not too impressed by the Incredible, not even the browser. In comparison with the standard BBerry browser it is fast, but i'm running BOLT and in all instances my S2 running BOLT loaded up web pages faster than that of the Incredible.

I give props where it is due as in the case of the Camera and how smoothly the apps run on it, but nothing more.

Don't waste your time guys if you are looking for a phone that will blow you away. It wont. The Incredible has tons of apps, but as in the case of the iPhone, they aren't necessarily quality or even needed.

I'm not being buyist here as I could have easily bought the phone outright, but the facts are the facts and this is my .02cents.

Not impressed, sorry. Just another Droid phone without the sliding screen, big deal.
    04-29-10 03:52 PM
    Fellas I just got back from the Verizon store literally like minutes ago and walked out of there with nothing, my brother did buy it, but he was upgrading from the S1 which we all know was pretty S****y.......

In all reality, i'm not too impressed by the Incredible, not even the browser. In comparison with the standard BBerry browser it is fast, but i'm running BOLT and in all instances my S2 running BOLT loaded up web pages faster than that of the Incredible.

I give props where it is due as in the case of the Camera and how smoothly the apps run on it, but nothing more.

Don't waste your time guys if you are looking for a phone that will blow you away. It wont. The Incredible has tons of apps, but as in the case of the iPhone, they aren't necessarily quality or even needed.

I'm not being buyist here as I could have easily bought the phone outright, but the facts are the facts and this is my .02cents.

Not impressed, sorry. Just another Droid phone without the sliding screen, big deal.
    dude there is no phone that will please you. you ***** about the storms and you ***** and the incredible. nothing will make you happy
    04-29-10 04:10 PM
    dude there is no phone that will please you. you ***** about the storms and you ***** and the incredible. nothing will make you happy
    Did I miss something here????

I don't ***** about anything and not even sure what you meant by the * thingy's.

If you read my post i'm simply saying the phone has it's pros and cons as do all other's, but compared to the S2......scratch that, when I compared it to "MY" S2 in "MY" opinion the phone didn't suit my needs nor was it soo INCREDIBLE. The apps run incredibly smooth, sure. The Camera is far superior, sure, but it wasn't enough for me to jump ship.

At the end of my rant, I posted, I'm not being buyist as I could have easily bought the phone outright then and there, but didn't. The S2 certainly can and does hold its own with newer phones thus the reason I didn't get it. Love my phone and wouldn't trade it for the world and i'm certainly not ***** on it, whatever that means.
    04-29-10 04:24 PM
    I did my swap today because of my past ones they they just did a swap. I have to say I am very happy with it. talk about fast and smooth. There is a lot to learn about it though. Have fun and it has been great getting all the info I needed on this board. Very helpfull just like vzw customer service.
    04-29-10 04:29 PM

Right, but it doesn't do anything new and groundbreaking. Stop acting like these new phones are lightyears ahead of the blackberries. (not trying to just point at you, I apologize for doing that.)

You told me the hardware improvements. The app store arguement might carry weight, however I can't think of any apps I need that I don't have.

Tell me one thing the droid DOES that a blackberry doesn't other than browse the web better.

"Camera has more megapixels" or "processor has more GHz" are not suitable answers to my particular question.

"My HTC Incredible plays Flash and Blackberry platform doesn't" would be a great example here if it were true.

I just dont think there are that many differences, other than the browser or personal preference.

You see how these are two different things, right?

I wouldn't mind having the Incredible as I have said, it is pretty tight.

Just offering a little perspective and getting tired of seeing "its better, because.... um its better."

It isn't your job to answer either Ranger. I swear I don't mean to single you out, I would just like to learn more.
    04-29-10 04:37 PM
    Anyhow, at least there are options out there for people to choose from.
    I can say I have used palm, winmob, bbos and soon android. The Apple os is on the touch if that counts.

There are pluses and minuses to all operating systems.
    04-29-10 06:58 PM
    Seriously if my S2 ran like this thing does I'd still have a BlackBerry. Everything just feels like it's supercharged! And Opera Mini on my WIFI network is like pure adrenalin! ALMOST loads pages faster than my laptop (It loaded the non-mobile version of the main page on this site in under 7 seconds and my laptop did it in 5 seconds)...
    Last edited by Vaffanculo403; 04-29-10 at 10:54 PM.
    04-29-10 10:51 PM
    Selling my Storm2 on eBay. Using proceeds to get the HTC Incredible (i'm still on contract..no way am I shelling out $530 for ANY phone).

After RIM updates their OS (past 6, maybe to 7 or 8 AND it's a killer OS, I'll come back. But for now, my needs have outweighed what the phone can do for me.
    04-30-10 12:38 PM
    Seriously if my S2 ran like this thing does I'd still have a BlackBerry. Everything just feels like it's supercharged! And Opera Mini on my WIFI network is like pure adrenalin! ALMOST loads pages faster than my laptop (It loaded the non-mobile version of the main page on this site in under 7 seconds and my laptop did it in 5 seconds)...
    ah, do u ever just use your phone as a PHONE? or to SMS? I've yet to find a phone with a better speaker or call quality, than the Storms. Not saying that there aren't any, but droids (as it stands now) fail to deliver a stellar phone experience because they can't even do bluetooth voice dialing and there's no talk of it coming soon. When I need to cruise the net at computer speeds, I use a computer, rather than a phone. When I need a really good photo, I use my camera, rather than my phone. For quicky, non-critical use, the camera in the S2 is "ok", but it's not going to compete with a dedicated digicam.
    04-30-10 12:50 PM
    ah, do u ever just use your phone as a PHONE? or to SMS? I've yet to find a phone with a better speaker or call quality, than the Storms. Not saying that there aren't any, but droids (as it stands now) fail to deliver a stellar phone experience because they can't even do bluetooth voice dialing and there's no talk of it coming soon. When I need to cruise the net at computer speeds, I use a computer, rather than a phone. When I need a really good photo, I use my camera, rather than my phone. For quicky, non-critical use, the camera in the S2 is "ok", but it's not going to compete with a dedicated digicam.
    This!

/10char
    04-30-10 01:00 PM
315 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD