Anyone? Let's see where those loyal BlackBerrians are hiding.
    04-14-10 08:29 PM
    Nope just got a new storm 2 its my fourth berry ill stay with them for a while.
    04-14-10 08:31 PM
    I'm staying. I actually kinda feel bad for all those that got the Moto Droid just about 6 months ago, and then this phone comes out. Unless they NEED the physical keyboard, their argument about the Moto Droid being the best Droid phone for a long time kinda falls away

(of course the specs of the Moto Droid still make it relevant, I'm not hating on it, I'm just sayin...)

As for me, staying with my S2. I dunno how I would go back to a "regular" touchscreen after getting so good and used to SurePress.
    04-14-10 08:31 PM
    I'm staying. I actually kinda feel bad for all those that got the Moto Droid just about 6 months ago, and then this phone comes out. Unless they NEED the physical keyboard, their argument about the Moto Droid being the best Droid phone for a long time kinda falls away

(of course the specs of the Moto Droid still make it relevant, I'm not hating on it, I'm just sayin...)

As for me, staying with my S2. I dunno how I would go back to a "regular" touchscreen after getting so good and used to SurePress.
    Droid has apps to SD cards and can be overclocked to 1.3GHz.
    Droid also has a bigger battery than the Incredible.

Don't think the Incredible is so incredible now LOL
    04-14-10 08:33 PM
    Nope i'm sticking with my storm2.
    04-14-10 08:37 PM
    Droid has apps to SD cards and can be overclocked to 1.3GHz.

Ok...way to jump on someone the second they say anything negative about the Droid...

I already said, I'm not saying the Moto Droid becomes obsolete. geez...didn't realize you were starting the thread to jump on anyone who voiced their opinion

and I never said the incredible was so incredible, but it's stock specs are pretty nice.
    Last edited by spyderman09; 04-14-10 at 08:41 PM.
    04-14-10 08:38 PM
    Ok...way to jump on someone the second they say anything negative about the Droid...

I already said, I'm not saying the Moto Droid becomes obsolete. geez...didn't realize you were starting the thread to jump on anyone who voiced their opinion

and I never said the incredible was so incredible, but it's stock specs are pretty nice.
    I don't care whether the Droid is the top phone or not. Newer and better phones will keep releasing. I chose the Droid knowing it would make me happy until I decided to upgrade. I just don't see the Incredible as much of a winner.

Now the EVO...that phone is the KING of Android phones. But it's going to Sprint.
    04-14-10 08:43 PM
    i will keep my storm 2 for sure
    04-14-10 08:46 PM
    I guess I'll be the first to answer the op question: yes, I will be picking up the Incredible. I will keep my Storm2 as a back up or if I don't like the Incredible but I do plan on picking one up on launch day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 08:46 PM
    I just don't see the Incredible as much of a winner.
    I actually agree with you here, and my contention is timing. You've got a phone that just came out recently (the Moto Droid) and of course is still a very good phone when it comes to specs, so it's not like people will be completely jumping ship (after 6 months, even) to a phone that has nicer specs, but to the majority of Droid owners won't care to simply move up. There will probably be quite a few who are moving up from other phones though. I think it comes down to advertising, because Verizon really backed the Moto Droid from launch to even now.

Not just that, but you kinda mentioned it too, those that care about the technical things (like app storage to SD card) might not be happy to move to a phone that doesn't offer it.

If Verizon is really coming out with LTE in a year, I think that maybe I'll wait. The EVO is amazing, but I can't see myself switching to sprint.
    04-14-10 08:47 PM
    I actually agree with you here, and my contention is timing. You've got a phone that just came out recently (the Moto Droid) and of course is still a very good phone when it comes to specs, so it's not like people will be completely jumping ship (after 6 months, even) to a phone that has nicer specs, but to the majority of Droid owners won't care to simply move up. There will probably be quite a few who are moving up from other phones though. I think it comes down to advertising, because Verizon really backed the Moto Droid from launch to even now.

Not just that, but you kinda mentioned it too, those that care about the technical things (like app storage to SD card) might not be happy to move to a phone that doesn't offer it.

If Verizon is really coming out with LTE in a year, I think that maybe I'll wait. The EVO is amazing, but I can't see myself switching to sprint.
    My next Android phone will probably be the Moto Droid 2 which is rumored to release around the holidays (Nov-January). I'll probably pick up the 4G iPhone if it releases on Verizon. I like having both an Android and iPhone together. Maybe I'll even check out the upcoming BB Storm 3.
    04-14-10 08:50 PM
    Not unless my S2 dies a violent death, and maybe not even then. At this time I do plan to eventually move to Android, but not quite yet. Still waiting for the LTE World phone offering!
    04-14-10 08:52 PM
    I'd love to pick up a storm2... but its only available on telus and bell ><
    04-14-10 09:01 PM
    I already dropped my S1 for an 8530, then I dropped that for a Droid.
    04-14-10 09:02 PM
    I already dropped my S1 for an 8530, then I dropped that for a Droid.
    you are never happy.
    04-14-10 09:12 PM
    Already took a very short trip on the Droid train, I'll definitely be keeping my Storm 2.
    04-14-10 09:14 PM
    Droid has apps to SD cards
    I missed that... In Which rom?

And I'm sure this will eventually be hacked into a rom for the Incredible too.
    ..and can be overclocked to 1.3GHz.

But the Incredible's 8MP camera (vs Droid's 5mp that takes pix along the lines of my Moto V9M's 2mp, which was not nearly as good as the LG Env's 2mp, or the Samsung U620's 2Mp), more memory, etc...

You can sit and compare specs on paper all day if you want.. I'm sure each will win in some category...

To the OP... I have a S1, S2, Droid, Devour, and many other devices. I'll stick with the S2 as my every day. I like the SurePress, and the BT Voice dailing with my headset. I also like BB's email client, Facebook app, GVoice app, Viigo, and a few other things. That being said, there are a few apps for the Droid I found which I wish were available for my berries..
    04-14-10 09:17 PM
    I think I'm dumping the tour. I am going to try the incredible out first

04-14-10 09:18 PM
    I am as soon as I get it.
    04-14-10 09:23 PM
    I missed that... In Which rom?
    in the desire rom and previous cyanogenmod rom. koush is coming out with anothers apps2sd for his latest rom.
    04-14-10 09:44 PM
    whens the storm 3 come out
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-14-10 at 09:57 PM.
    04-14-10 09:45 PM
    Sticking with s2.

04-14-10 09:53 PM
    Nope, I'm just fine with my Storm 2. Does everything I need, plus more.
    04-14-10 09:54 PM
    No android phone has Bluetooth voice dialing capability. that's a show stopper for me.
    04-14-10 10:02 PM
    i am considering it, but after typing out a very long email with almost zero mistakes and as fast if not faster then i do on my laptop its hard to leave. Im not going to lie guys the flash of the android and HTC sense kind of make me jealous, but i would miss surepress and the other stuff. Im one of the few that doesnt rely on bbm so maybe i will check it out in the store and see, but i really see myself missing surepress and my suretype keyboard.
    04-14-10 10:09 PM
315 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD