I'll be Storming on!
    06-02-10 09:39 PM
    I'm due for renewal but I'm keeping the S2 it just seems like they have a new droid released every other month. I really want to see how the 6.0 works out.
    06-03-10 12:46 AM
    Sticking with my Storm 2. Now, if the iPhone comes to Verizon..... mmmmmmm ? Decisions, Decisions.....
    06-03-10 06:23 AM
    All my BlackBerry friends are defecting to Android phones. I'm getting a little jealous, but I want to see what the Storm3 and Storm4 are like before I do anything stupid. I like the BB OS and the form factor.

If the web browser that uses webkit is good, then my S2 will be perfect for me.
    06-03-10 08:56 AM
    As I keep using my incredible... there are some quirks (not sure if I posted these here yet... sorry if I did..)

When it comes to email...

On a BB, you can have ALL email and messages (including SMS, MMS, Gtalk, BBM, etc), FB notifications, all show in a single combined inbox, with an "Unread" indicator and counter. You also have the option to have individual/separated inboxes for each account, each with its own Icon/unread indicator. While they are still working on two way Gmail sync of read/unread, RIM has Reply/Reply All/Forward on the menu in each gmail/email inbox, and when reading a message... To me that is an essential feature yet Android doesn't have that on the menu for Gmail accounts, you have to scroll to the bottom of each email conversation if you want to. Yes, Android does have it as soft buttons and on the menu for Exchange active sync accounts (which is why I setup my Gmail accounts this way on my Incredible). These are things that kept me going back to blackberry after getting the Moto Droid, Moto Devour, and is probably going to have me going back even after using the Incredible...

I tried K9, but it kept forcing closed on me, and I couldn't stand the font size, or what it looked like if I used bigger fonts. (cut off text of sender/subject/date in message list).

On the Inc, to switch between emails when reading in the Gmail app, I have to go back to the menu list and tap on the next. I can't swipe my finger. If I'm using the regular Email app (exchange activesync), I do have next/prev arrows at the bottom of the screen.

The BB can hold 15, 30, 60, 90 days of emails in the message list. On the INC, in the Gmail app, it holds about two screens worth, you want older, and it has to pull them in as you've scrolled down.

I Miss BB's delete prior, mark prior read/unread, delete only on hand held features.

The Moto Droid and HTC Inc look "cool" and the Storm looks boring, but it takes less clicks to get things done on the Storm.

Now with the rumors starting to surface about 512 meg being the cut off point for BB OS6, it really makes me think...

Do I continue to miss the BB features I love and stick with Android?
    06-03-10 03:58 PM
    All my BlackBerry friends are defecting to Android phones. I'm getting a little jealous, but I want to see what the Storm3 and Storm4 are like before I do anything stupid. I like the BB OS and the form factor.

If the web browser that uses webkit is good, then my S2 will be perfect for me.
    the only material issue I can see in that is that you can no longer BBM your friends that switched. other than that, does it REALLY matter what phones they own?
    06-03-10 04:44 PM
    I am considering going to the dark side and getting a new iphone. I like my storm but don't love it. The browser is outdated and I don't love surepress. My co worker has an incredible. I didn't like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 05:42 PM
    I've been thinking of making this move but I need my e-mail immediately. I still don't understand "push" e-mail...can someone explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old?
    06-04-10 01:22 PM
    Push email means as soon as you receive an email its sent to your device, theoretically instantaneously. Email that is not pushed relies in your device to "poll" or check your email account in a specified timescale to check for new emails and then load them to your device's inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 03:06 PM
    I found nothing (other than faster web, which was nice) about the Incredible that I liked. I WANTED to like it, too, but it just wasn't there. Besides, I've yet to see an Android display that really met even my minimum criteria.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-04-10 at 03:34 PM.
    06-04-10 03:08 PM
    Had the S2 since the first week it came out, love it for everything it does, never had a single problem with it. I'm sticking.
    06-04-10 03:26 PM
    I found nothing (other than faster web, which was nice) about the Incredible, that I liked. I WANTED to like it, too, but it just wasn't there. Besides, I've yet to see an Android display that really met even my minimum criteria.
    I agree. I've never seen a screen as bright as the Storm's. AAMOF, all BB phones have very bright screens--something that's a must for me. I'm done owning phones (my last 3 phones) that can't be viewed in sunlight. Even if a phone washed my car and took out the trash, if I can't see the screen when I'm outside, fuggetabouit!.
    06-04-10 03:31 PM
    After some research I'm almost convinced i want this phone. Only thing is.. i've had my storm2 for about three months and doubt they'd let me switch, and I'm really not trying to pay full retail for this phone. Had several replacements for my storm, was thinking maybe they would trade it out?
    06-11-10 08:56 AM
    After some research I'm almost convinced i want this phone. Only thing is.. i've had my storm2 for about three months and doubt they'd let me switch, and I'm really not trying to pay full retail for this phone. Had several replacements for my storm, was thinking maybe they would trade it out?
    Not likely. It usually requires 3 replacements before they would consider it, but it depends on the rep you get. You can get $200+ on eBay for your S2. Would help soften the blow of buying an Incredible outright.
    06-11-10 09:19 AM
    I'm here to stay..Love the storm 2 never had a problem with it...except for user error and I'm stuck with me.
    06-11-10 02:24 PM
315 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD