No way I drop my S2 if there's no Bluetooth voice dialing included.

Also, BT is a pretty big deal to me with the music player as well. I have Moto S9-HD headphones and use them at work and the playback is seamless.
    04-30-10 01:13 PM
    ah, do u ever just use your phone as a PHONE? or to SMS? I've yet to find a phone with a better speaker or call quality, than the Storms. Not saying that there aren't any, but droids (as it stands now) fail to deliver a stellar phone experience because they can't even do bluetooth voice dialing and there's no talk of it coming soon. When I need to cruise the net at computer speeds, I use a computer, rather than a phone. When I need a really good photo, I use my camera, rather than my phone. For quicky, non-critical use, the camera in the S2 is "ok", but it's not going to compete with a dedicated digicam.
    Cal quality on Incredible is outstanding, texting is fun and easy. In addition to very comfortable keyboard you can download and install different types of keyboards, switching between them just one click.
    My major problem is battery, it's about as bad as mine Storm 2 :-/. Last no moore then 8-10 hours with moderate to heavy use.
    04-30-10 01:31 PM
    No way I drop my S2 if there's no Bluetooth voice dialing included.

Also, BT is a pretty big deal to me with the music player as well. I have Moto S9-HD headphones and use them at work and the playback is seamless.
    You can't play music via bluetooth on the storm 2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 01:48 PM
    Cal quality on Incredible is outstanding, texting is fun and easy. In addition to very comfortable keyboard you can download and install different types of keyboards, switching between them just one click.
    My major problem is battery, it's about as bad as mine Storm 2 :-/. Last no moore then 8-10 hours with moderate to heavy use.
    glad to hear there's another phone out there that has great call quality.

moderate use (several hours of phone calls, a couple hours of pandora, some light messaging, a bit of internet usage) easily gets me over 12-16 hours.
    04-30-10 01:48 PM
    glad to hear there's another phone out there that has great call quality.

moderate use (several hours of phone calls, a couple hours of pandora, some light messaging, a bit of internet usage) easily gets me over 12-16 hours.
    I had it with .517. and Tank's ACT 2. Battery life was pretty good, but after upgrade to .607...... not anymore.
    Anyway, I did get Incredible.. i like it, but I'm not sure if I 'll keep it over Storm 2, especially with OS 6 coming up pretty soon
    04-30-10 02:06 PM
    My boss just got a Storm2 yesterday through Verizon, and it seemed to be a glitchy one. Sometimes when he'd try to delete a text or something, the "delete/cancel" option would come up on the screen, but then when you'd attempt to click it, it wouldn't highlight either option to be able to click it. He said it was also freezing up, and he'd pulled the battery a few times already. He took it back today, and got the Droid Incredible. I feel like he should've given the S2 another try (with a replacement of course); mine has been great so far, and lots of his associates love their S2's as well. The S2 was the only reason he left Alltel, then he jumped ship on the S2 in one day, and snagged the Incredible. I might giggle a bit if he happened to get a glitchy Incredible (surely there are some, since there are with pretty much any phone).

He brought his new Incredible up to my office to charge it up with my S2 charger, so I got a chance to mess with it a little bit. I will say it seems like a really neat phone, but I'm not sure it would be the phone for me now that I've gotten some time in with my S2. It does have a neat interface, but I think the Storm is a better option for me personally. I might just be biased though, because I'm on my second BB (had a Pearl 8130 and now S2), and am much more accustomed to that interface.
    04-30-10 03:06 PM
    My boss just got a Storm2 yesterday through Verizon, and it seemed to be a glitchy one. Sometimes when he'd try to delete a text or something, the "delete/cancel" option would come up on the screen, but then when you'd attempt to click it, it wouldn't highlight either option to be able to click it. He said it was also freezing up, and he'd pulled the battery a few times already. He took it back today, and got the Droid Incredible. I feel like he should've given the S2 another try (with a replacement of course); mine has been great so far, and lots of his associates love their S2's as well. The S2 was the only reason he left Alltel, then he jumped ship on the S2 in one day, and snagged the Incredible. I might giggle a bit if he happened to get a glitchy Incredible (surely there are some, since there are with pretty much any phone).

He brought his new Incredible up to my office to charge it up with my S2 charger, so I got a chance to mess with it a little bit. I will say it seems like a really neat phone, but I'm not sure it would be the phone for me now that I've gotten some time in with my S2. It does have a neat interface, but I think the Storm is a better option for me personally. I might just be biased though, because I'm on my second BB (had a Pearl 8130 and now S2), and am much more accustomed to that interface.
    sounds like your boss has a combo of really bad luck and a lack of patience. does YOUR S2 do what his did? Mine doesn't. My wife's doesn't...
    04-30-10 05:30 PM
    ah, do u ever just use your phone as a PHONE? or to SMS? I've yet to find a phone with a better speaker or call quality, than the Storms. Not saying that there aren't any, but droids (as it stands now) fail to deliver a stellar phone experience because they can't even do bluetooth voice dialing and there's no talk of it coming soon. When I need to cruise the net at computer speeds, I use a computer, rather than a phone. When I need a really good photo, I use my camera, rather than my phone. For quicky, non-critical use, the camera in the S2 is "ok", but it's not going to compete with a dedicated digicam.
    Actually the call quality is quite good. I asked my Grandmother if she could hear me any better today because she was constantly telling me I sounded like I was in a tunnel on my S1 and S2 and she said it was very clear. I took a conference call on it this morning as well and the call quality on the speaker phone was at least as good as my S2. Texting is easy (especially with voice-to-text)! Oh and how could I forget the proximity sensor ACTUALLY FRIGGIN WORKS!!!
    04-30-10 06:54 PM
    While the new Droid is awesome I'm sticking with my Berry. If I could afford 2 phones I'd nail it as it's Verizon's best phone to date. I just can't live with out a BlackBerry is all.
    04-30-10 07:21 PM
    You can't play music via bluetooth on the storm 2?

Yes, you can.
    04-30-10 07:49 PM
    sounds like your boss has a combo of really bad luck and a lack of patience. does YOUR S2 do what his did? Mine doesn't. My wife's doesn't...
    Mine did. It would get to a point where I couldnt do anything on the phone until I pulled battery. Pain in the A$$.
    04-30-10 07:56 PM
    Mine did. It would get to a point where I couldnt do anything on the phone until I pulled battery. Pain in the A$$.
    I had that sort of trouble with the S1. returned it after 8 days, back in april of 2009. We've had much better luck with our current S2's.
    04-30-10 08:33 PM
    I tried the M Droid when I was upgrading back in November and even though it was a great phone it wasn't for me and I got the S2 instead. I have been very pleased with it even though the Droid had features that were much better than the S2. I'm sure I wouldn't switch if I had the opportunity now. I'm content with my 9550...until the S3 pops up.

04-30-10 08:47 PM
    The Incredible arrived today and its a Beautiful Thing!
    04-30-10 09:23 PM
    I got a chance to check out the Incredible today. Its very fast. It has a lot of nice apps and overall seems like a very good phone. I'm not getting rid of my S2 for it, but I was impressed by the UI and the snappy browser.

04-30-10 09:26 PM
    I have already ditched the S2 in favor of the droid incredible. I have no regrets. The storm 2 just wasn't for me. I needed a decent and usable web browser. Push email wasn't a deal killer for me. Storm 2 is on eBay awaiting sale. You blackberry loyalist, keep fighting the good fight. I'm never coming back.
    04-30-10 09:33 PM
    So everyone selling their S2s on Ebay? Mebbee I can pick one up to bridge me to the S3...

I really do think that buying new and improved on the first day isn't the most efficient idea. S1 has satisfied me (granted, mine has worked almost perfectly) and didn't waste my upgrade on S2.

Hopefully my hopes won't be dashed come November/December.
    04-30-10 09:56 PM
    I have already ditched the S2 in favor of the droid incredible. I have no regrets. The storm 2 just wasn't for me. I needed a decent and usable web browser. Push email wasn't a deal killer for me. Storm 2 is on eBay awaiting sale. You blackberry loyalist, keep fighting the good fight. I'm never coming back.
    Good RIDDANCE
    04-30-10 10:05 PM
    Hey Mods, I have an Incredible idea............. Perhaps we could move this over to the 'Droid Forum so the Storm deserters can all gloat there!!!!!!!!!!! I mean if they think the Storm 2 is such a bad device, why would they post here????

R...

The Incredible arrived today and its a Beautiful Thing!
    04-30-10 10:17 PM
    hey mods, i have an incredible idea............. Perhaps we could move this over to the 'droid forum so the storm deserters can all gloat there!!!!!!!!!!! I mean if they think the storm 2 is such a bad device, why would they post here????

R...
    jmf..............
    04-30-10 11:29 PM
    Hey Mods, I have an Incredible idea............. Perhaps we could move this over to the 'Droid Forum so the Storm deserters can all gloat there!!!!!!!!!!! I mean if they think the Storm 2 is such a bad device, why would they post here????

R...
    Did you notice the title of the thread......????? Don't read the thread if you're going to get **** hurt because someone has a nice phone.

I picked up an Incredible yesterday afternoon to try out. Besides the huge learning curve this thing rocks, I feel overwhelmed with all of the app availability. Ill hang onto my S2 for now incase I find any dealbreakers
    05-01-10 06:28 AM
    Did you notice the title of the thread......????? Don't read the thread if you're going to get **** hurt because someone has a nice phone.

I picked up an Incredible yesterday afternoon to try out. Besides the huge learning curve this thing rocks, I feel overwhelmed with all of the app availability. Ill hang onto my S2 for now incase I find any dealbreakers
    Bolded for emphasis...is that why you picked up one, for the apps?
    05-01-10 08:03 AM
    Looked at Incredible. Found nothing that would make me jump from S2. Screen just looks so washed out compared to S2. I just didn't feel comfortable with the UI. Probably just so comfortable with BB UI now. S2 does everything I need and quite well. Sure Incredible is fine phone but didn't seem like it matched all the hype.

05-01-10 09:52 AM
    Looked at Incredible. Found nothing that would make me jump from S2. Screen just looks so washed out compared to S2. I just didn't feel comfortable with the UI. Probably just so comfortable with BB UI now. S2 does everything I need and quite well. Sure Incredible is fine phone but didn't seem like it matched all the hype.

LOL I was just thinking today how much brighter the colors are and how much more crisp the objects on the screen are then on my S2
    05-01-10 10:41 AM
    I'd dump my S2 but I haven't managed to swallow it yet...
    05-01-10 10:50 AM
315 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD