That is my concern. I'm on a BES and seamless over the air syncing of appointments, tasks and immediate email delivery is of primary importance to me. BT voice dialing is also a requirement of mine.
    I've read that HTC Sync client will sync to outlook, but I don't know how that would work with BES.

The more I read, the more I'm liking this phone. If I didn't have to pay full price, I think I'd pick one up tomorrow.
    04-28-10 06:43 PM
    i will report back about HTC sync later tonight and yes i paid full retail

Gmail is pushed faster on my bb by a couple seconds, literally nothing to work about but just an observation.

Screen is great also, but not in the sun.

I havent played to much with it but downloading apps is super easy and the store is nice obvious.

Faster than the storm 2 but that is to be expected since it has a much faster processor
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-29-10 at 03:29 PM.
    04-28-10 07:40 PM
    I ordered one, but as soon as OS 6 hits ill be ready to fire up my 9550 again
    04-28-10 08:13 PM
    I'm the type who upgrades whenever I can, I just get bored with the older stuff real quick, but when I think about all the pros with my S2, I just can't see changing right now. Plus with the new OS coming out, I will definitely not do it until I try that. Sticking with my Storm
    04-28-10 09:46 PM
    That is my concern. I'm on a BES and seamless over the air syncing of appointments, tasks and immediate email delivery is of primary importance to me. BT voice dialing is also a requirement of mine.
    isn't that what Google sync is for? Phone> GMail> Outlook, and back again. At least, that's how I thought it worked...
    04-29-10 12:02 AM
    FedEx tracking says mine's out for delivery!!!!!
    04-29-10 07:34 AM
    I'm thinking hard about selling my Storm 2 for a Droid Incredible. I'm trying to figure out what a good price would be for it and the accessories that I have.

BKVic
    04-29-10 07:46 AM
    I'm thinking hard about selling my Storm 2 for a Droid Incredible. I'm trying to figure out what a good price would be for it and the accessories that I have.

BKVic
    Unlock it and it's worth quite a bit more when you sell it!
    04-29-10 08:02 AM

BKVic
    You'll be sorry. People that have done the same are coming up disappointed in droves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 11:07 AM
    You'll be sorry. People that have done the same are coming up disappointed in droves.

Where do you see this?
    I see people that are both happy and also disappointed.
    Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Mine will be here Monday.

My 8330 froze twice while calling verizon to order the incredible.
    After 6 curves, I want to try something different.
    04-29-10 11:13 AM
    Where do you see this?
    I see people that are both happy and also disappointed.
    Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Mine will be here Monday.

My 8330 froze twice while calling verizon to order the incredible.
    After 6 curves, I want to try something different.
    In other "phone X vs. Incredible" threads, other forums, a few people locally IRL, a couple of articals and blogs here and there.

90% of the "dumped my bb for a droid" are just trolls. They have likely been here before under an alias saying the same about palms, iphones, etc.

Storm>Droid.

04-29-10 11:20 AM
    I think it's all ignorance (not you).
    I mean there are trade offs with any device an os.
    04-29-10 11:23 AM
    Storm>Droid.
    Have you TRIED a Droid?!?!?!

I didnt like the Moto Droid, but I just got back from Verizon, got done playing with an Incredible.

I have a S2, and its going up for sale soon. Can you name one way, other than push email, in which the Storm even possibly is on the same level as Droid, let alone better!?

I always heard they were quick, etc. I didnt realize how quick those phones could be until I played with that Incredible. Damn it was awesome.
    04-29-10 11:56 AM

I didnt like the Moto Droid, but I just got back from Verizon, got done playing with an Incredible.

I have a S2, and its going up for sale soon. Can you name one way, other than push email, in which the Storm even possibly is on the same level as Droid, let alone better!?

I always heard they were quick, etc. I didnt realize how quick those phones could be until I played with that Incredible. Damn it was awesome.

I tested out my wife's moto droid vs. my storm2 for webbrowsing. Using Opera, my phone finished the same or faster than the droid for loading pages.

That being said the droid renders a sharper more crisp page than any BB. Hopefully OS 6 will even the gap.
    04-29-10 12:02 PM
    I've heard people say that.. I can't stand the way OM5 renders pages though, I prefer the stock browser. Then again, it sucks because its slow and lacks tabbed browsing.

I honestly was a big BB fan, but in the past few weeks I've realized just how far behind the phones are.
    04-29-10 12:04 PM
    I've heard people say that.. I can't stand the way OM5 renders pages though, I prefer the stock browser. Then again, it sucks because its slow and lacks tabbed browsing.

I honestly was a big BB fan, but in the past few weeks I've realized just how far behind the phones are.

That was my reason for the switch. I mean I liked playing with the storm1 (seriously) but what bb has going for it works and works well. However, the smartphone arena if you will is not really divided like it used to be.
    If you were a business you had a berry. If you were an individual you had a treo 650 or a wm pro device. There were shortcomings of all the systems.
    There still are but the smartphone is now expected to be a multimedia device.

There is a place for all devices. For me personally, OS6 teaser that was blogged is just that. Why all the fancy music and dancing if you are trying to show off the OS?
    04-29-10 12:30 PM
    I went to the store today and tried the Incredible. Very fast and a slick interface. I can type much better after about 5 minutes of practice compared to my Storm. Just the mechanical aspect of the screen moving down and then needing to release up afterwards to allow the next letter to be typed is a big slowdown not present on the Incredible or any non-suretype phone.

I understand Storm 2 owners being less likely to switch (no doubt it also has to do with the release dates and contract expiration dates), but I still think typing is generally faster without suretype. The potential to upgrade the Storm 2 to OS 6 also increases the value of a Storm 2. So I can definitely see keeping the Storm 2. As for my Storm 1, it is going to be replaced ASAP, probably by the Incredible.
    04-29-10 12:38 PM
    I just renewed my contract in December so I'm kind of SOL unless I sell my S2 and spend the extra $100 or so for the incredible. But if I were to sign a new one today I would get the incredible.
    04-29-10 12:47 PM

dear dude:

how is the droid better, besides the browser? honest answer ("oooooh its pretty" will suffice)

thank you,

me

(I like the incredible a lot too, but you guys get too cought up in eye candy.)
    04-29-10 12:51 PM
    I tested out my wife's moto droid vs. my storm2 for webbrowsing. Using Opera, my phone finished the same or faster than the droid for loading pages.

That being said the droid renders a sharper more crisp page than any BB. Hopefully OS 6 will even the gap.
    You do realize that the MOTO DROID and the DROID Incredible aren't even on the same level as far as performance goes? Yes you can root the MOTO DROID and get the processing speed up but it's still not on the same level.
    04-29-10 01:04 PM
    dear dude:

how is the droid better, besides the browser? honest answer ("oooooh its pretty" will suffice)

thank you,

me

(I like the incredible a lot too, but you guys get too cought up in eye candy.)
    Apps, processor, camera, OS,

That was easy. I'm a Droid noob and I could answer that.

I'm by no means a Droid fanboy, however, I've come to terms with reality. I like my S2, yes, but there is almost no comparison between the 2. You're in denial if you consider them within the same ballpark as eachother. Sure, the S2 does the job for most people, but the Incredible appears to do the job and then some.
    04-29-10 01:07 PM
    i like the suretype keyboard and can type faster on that, the autocorrect is worlds better on the Inc though that is for sure. i can probably type faster on it and let it correct my mistakes and it would be faster than the storm but im not there yet.

the Inc screen is awesome in anything but sunlight. Hopefully the storm 3 has a better screen like the Inc but also retains the use outside. The Inc is almost unusable in some sunlight.

the lack of push twitter i have with issimo and push hotmail is a killer.

i still pick up and use my storm 2 first for most everything lol
    04-29-10 01:12 PM
    Played with the Incredible in the store today and it's a really nice phone. I think it's kinda skinny screen-wise but the screen is awesome. I wasn't a fan of typing on the phone as I'm used to my Storm that I've had for over a year but I'm sure you could get used to it over time.
    As comparison to a BB the browser on the phone is completely sick and if the new web kit in OS6 works anything like the Droid browser then it would be awesome. People make a big deal about the simplicity of the BB OS and how it's old and not flashy. However playing with the Incredible and I sent a few SMS and MMS messages to my phone and performed a several other functions, it just seems like it was too many steps and time consuming, maybe too flashy I guess is what I'm trying to say. I could be completely wrong here thou, as the phone was not set up to the likings of any user as I'm sure the experience may be different.
    Point is I love my BB and am hard pressed to give it up for the purpose of email for work and BBM, as I have a lot of contacts on BBM. However, it's just getting to the point where I think RIM is soooo slow and waiting here for a comparable device to anything like the Incredible is getting ridiculious. This point was kinda pointed out on the Podcast today with Kevin, BG and crew. WES comes and goes and they show us devices(Bold & Pearl) that we've know about for over a year. They are just now getting released with nothing exciting really about them except RIM expects us to be excited. If RIM was actually even trying to make an ATTEMPT to keep up, then the 2 devices they should've had waiting at WES IMO with a full on hands show would be the Slider, S3 and maybe even Dakota. However, now they will release these phones in who knows what timeframe, since they wanna be all secretive now about crap upcoming revamped same devices, when in reality they should be released now like the Bold and Pearl are. Instead maybe we will see a S3 in 8 months and by that time who knows what ridiculious devices other companies will be coming out with. There will probably be the Droid Ludacris out by the time we see the Dakota and the Ludacris will probably be able to flush your BB BOLD/TOUR-6 down the toilet for ya.
    Cause seriously at this point it's getting LUDACRIS RIM
    Sorry for my rant at the end there....
    04-29-10 01:40 PM
    My mom is in the market for a smart phone, so I think I am going to take her to get one for mothers day. I'll show her a blackberry, but I think she wants something a little 'simpler' than a BB but with all the bells and whistles.
    04-29-10 01:47 PM
    Apps, processor, camera, OS,

That was easy. I'm a Droid noob and I could answer that.

I'm by no means a Droid fanboy, however, I've come to terms with reality. I like my S2, yes, but there is almost no comparison between the 2. You're in denial if you consider them within the same ballpark as eachother. Sure, the S2 does the job for most people, but the Incredible appears to do the job and then some.
    I would agree, the web browsing is a lot better on droid phones. The camera is better, processor and I will even say the OS.

Am I switching to it? No because I enjoy having a blackberry. However, I am going to give credit where credit is due.
    04-29-10 01:50 PM
315 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD