Just seeing the TITLE of the threads is annoying.
    04-26-10 08:38 AM
    Honestly I would if I could... I kind of regret going from the Storm to the Storm2 last October.

Not that I hate my Storm2, it's just that it is already old. It was awesome when it came out, but at the time it was only equal to other devices on the market. So when something new comes out, it is already behind. That seems what is wrong with BB in general these days... they can keep pace with others, but they can't get a step ahead.

That being said, I would really miss BBM, the click, and the suretype keyboard, but are those things worth staying with a phone that has a slower processor, smaller screen resolution, outdated OS, outdated browser, and limited decent apps at a decent price? All those setbacks and it is only 6 months old?

I may sound greedy, but I want a phone that I am satasified with for an entire year, then I can deal with it the last half of ny NE2. As it is now, I can't wait for June '11 so I can upgrade.

It's sad to say, but even thought I like my Storm2, it is hard to see all these other companies come out with great devices while I have settled for an average device.
    04-26-10 10:28 AM
    Honestly I would if I could... I kind of regret going from the Storm to the Storm2 last October.

Not that I hate my Storm2, it's just that it is already old. It was awesome when it came out, but at the time it was only equal to other devices on the market. So when something new comes out, it is already behind. That seems what is wrong with BB in general these days... they can keep pace with others, but they can't get a step ahead.

That being said, I would really miss BBM, the click, and the suretype keyboard, but are those things worth staying with a phone that has a slower processor, smaller screen resolution, outdated OS, outdated browser, and limited decent apps at a decent price? All those setbacks and it is only 6 months old?

I may sound greedy, but I want a phone that I am satasified with for an entire year, then I can deal with it the last half of ny NE2. As it is now, I can't wait for June '11 so I can upgrade.

It's sad to say, but even thought I like my Storm2, it is hard to see all these other companies come out with great devices while I have settled for an average device.
    Very well said.

I would miss the screen click. For that reason, I would have to only try the Incredible before I buy it. I've never had a touchscreen phone other than my S2.

BBM might be missed a little.. who knows. I rarely use it, maybe 2-3 times per week.

I like my S2, but I sort of regret buying it. I will probably get flamed for this, and I'm not bashing S2 owners so don't take offense, but I feel like the phone was released, and a week later became outdated when the Droid released. I should have waited until the Droid released to at least give it a chance, which I didn't do. I was just so gung-** to get away from the Pearl, and was taken away by the buzz about the S2.

The S2 does everything I need to do, but not quite everything I want it to do, at least not without paying for certain apps.
    Last edited by 01Ranger; 04-26-10 at 10:48 AM.
    04-26-10 10:38 AM
    As we reported on the other day, the BlackBerry Bold 9650 doubles up in device memory from the now standard 256MB to 512MB - a first for a BlackBerry Smartphone. The jump up in memory provides more room for apps and should handle OS 6.0 and the WebKit browser well when they get rolled out later this year.

If you read this carefully it (stolen from front page)sounds like no OS 6.0 or webkit for phones less that 512MB. Another reason i getting a second phone. I was so excited about 6.0 then these type of reports starting coming in.
    04-26-10 11:18 AM
    Maybe I'm wrong about this... If they came up with a way to use the micro SD card as an extender for the device memory then would it still be a question of what phone can handle 6.0?
    04-26-10 11:56 AM
    if i had a storm, i never would have used an upgrade on the storm 2. more memory, wifi, and a different click screen aren't enough imo.
    04-26-10 02:23 PM
    I've been an active Crackberry user since the Storm1 and (regrettably) upgraded to the Storm2. Pre-ordered the Incredible yesterday and not looking back!

My wife has a Tour so BBM will be missed, but the pros far outweigh the cons here.
    04-27-10 09:04 AM
    I've been an active Crackberry user since the Storm1 and (regrettably) upgraded to the Storm2. Pre-ordered the Incredible yesterday and not looking back!

My wife has a Tour so BBM will be missed, but the pros far outweigh the cons here.
    I used my upgrade to go from a storm to a storm2 too... how did you upgrade so early?

or did you go full price?
    04-27-10 09:47 AM
    I used my upgrade to go from a storm to a storm2 too... how did you upgrade so early?

or did you go full price?
    Paid full retail. I'm not able to upgrade until November.
    04-27-10 09:52 AM
    Paid full retail. I'm not able to upgrade until November.
    I bitched got them to knock the HTC down to $300
    04-27-10 09:56 AM
    I'm just going to use the upgrade from one of my 3 family plan lines that are available for upgrade...
    04-27-10 10:02 AM
    I bitched got them to knock the HTC down to $300
    Wow, what the heck did you tell them?
    04-27-10 10:05 AM
    Wow, what the heck did you tell them?
    That I had gone through 6 Storm2s and mine is still not working properly (all true) And if they didn't do something I would go to Sprint and get an EVO and stick them with the $350 early termination fees for selling me bad phones. (true again) Hence $300 Incredible
    Last edited by Bettermost; 04-27-10 at 10:11 AM.
    04-27-10 10:08 AM
    I am on my 6th curve....driving me nuts. But everytime I lean towards android, bb sucks me back in.
    04-27-10 10:11 AM
    if i had a storm, i never would have used an upgrade on the storm 2. more memory, wifi, and a different click screen aren't enough imo.

I didn't want to either, but back then I needed a BB for work and it was frustrating using the Storm1 all day everyday. Not that it was a bad phone, but my memory was always so low.

But now changing jobs, I don't need a BB and I am stuck with my S2 until at least October when I try to upgrade after 1 year again.

It's not that I hate my S2, it's more that I feel like I'm paying so much a month for something that doesn't live up to it's potential.

I can't seeing anything more about the Incredible... I want it so bad.
    04-28-10 10:50 AM
    My incredible arrived yesterday morning...

To be honest.. its like the moto droid with a BETTER CAMERA, more memory, its certainly faster (at least UI wise, browser is about the same), I make less typos (compared to my moto droid), its ligher, its on screen keyboard is better (than the moto's), and it has Sense UI...

But the poor battery life so far, gmail client having reply/forward only at the BOTTOM of the email/email chain, how it handles multiple mail boxes, text messages, etc, no BT Voice dial via Headset, and a few other "android" things still make me want to return to my Storm2... and I probably will go back to my Storm2 if using the incredible for a few weeks doesn't change my mind.
    04-28-10 11:28 AM
    My incredible arrived yesterday morning...

To be honest.. its like the moto droid with a BETTER CAMERA, more memory, its certainly faster (at least UI wise, browser is about the same), I make less typos (compared to my moto droid), its ligher, its on screen keyboard is better (than the moto's), and it has Sense UI...

But the poor battery life so far, gmail client having reply/forward only at the BOTTOM of the email/email chain, how it handles multiple mail boxes, text messages, etc, no BT Voice dial via Headset, and a few other "android" things still make me want to return to my Storm2... and I probably will go back to my Storm2 if using the incredible for a few weeks doesn't change my mind.
    The batteries are replaceable yes? Just buy more I have 4 for my Storm2
    04-28-10 12:02 PM
    good bye crackberry world. I just ordered my Incredible. it was awesome getting help from you guys and also helping others. now to the world of android
    04-28-10 12:57 PM
    BTW any of you who are going to get the Incredible but haven't pre-ordered it yet you can call your local VZW store and reserve on for tomorrow with a $50 deposit. I just did it...
    04-28-10 02:57 PM
    I just received my Incredible and it is just INCREDIBLE! Coming from the Storm 1 even a couple of tin cans with some string would be an improvement. But you really should head over to Android Central and keep an eye out for new threads as people start reporting on their experiences with this phone. At the very least you should play with one at Verizon before you even consider another BB.
    04-28-10 03:54 PM
    04-28-10 04:19 PM
    Congrats! I'll be seeing you on those forms!
    04-28-10 04:26 PM
    toy #2

Wow Matt! I'm happy for you and may do the same depending on how future bb updates go. Did you have to pay full price?
    04-28-10 05:46 PM
    I'm posting this from an Incredible right now and I'm thinking of dropping my Tour for this phone right now. This is just awesome. I don't know what I'd do with something like this.

I just wish my upgrade was a couple of months sooner andi had a couple of hundred dollars to drop on this. If I did, this would be mine right now.
    04-28-10 06:08 PM
    As to any droid phone, they run great (at least my son's does), but until you can reliably sync to Outlook, it's market will remain with the little tweeners that are too busy worrying about how many apps they have, but never use. Most of us that work for a living, need a pc based, Outlook syncing phone.
    That is my concern. I'm on a BES and seamless over the air syncing of appointments, tasks and immediate email delivery is of primary importance to me. BT voice dialing is also a requirement of mine.
    04-28-10 06:16 PM
315 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD