cool another f1 fan.

My gf has a droid and I have a storm2. Both devices are good. I've tested it out and found several features that the bb doesnt have and would love to see on the bb platform.

I forward my work domain email to my yahoo account and the droid is great as it shows all of the emails including ones in folders and handles pdf attachments great. But of course theres no push. I love push email, but I guess it's not a deal breaker.

And I have several bb messenger buddies that I chat with often so I would miss that too.

The bb calendar handles recurring appointments better. The android calendar for example can't do weekly appointments every tuesday and thursday in one entry like the bb calendar can.

Both suck at copy and pasting. And the android can't do cut and paste.

What I really don't like about the storm2 is that sometimes the keyboard goes haywire.
    Oh yeah! F1 all the way!!!
    04-25-10 12:41 AM
    cool another f1 fan.

My gf has a droid and I have a storm2. Both devices are good. I've tested it out and found several features that the bb doesnt have and would love to see on the bb platform.

I forward my work domain email to my yahoo account and the droid is great as it shows all of the emails including ones in folders and handles pdf attachments great. But of course theres no push. I love push email, but I guess it's not a deal breaker.

And I have several bb messenger buddies that I chat with often so I would miss that too.

The bb calendar handles recurring appointments better. The android calendar for example can't do weekly appointments every tuesday and thursday in one entry like the bb calendar can.

Both suck at copy and pasting. And the android can't do cut and paste.

What I really don't like about the storm2 is that sometimes the keyboard goes haywire.
    I recently upgraded from S1 to S2 am loving it. Think it's awesome that although I've downloaded lots of apps, still have >100Meg app memory! I debated long and hard whether to upgrade to the S2 or Droid, but at the end of the day, decided to stick with the BB Storm. Email push was just about the deal maker for me. I've heard if I want "near real-time" email" with the droid, the battery would die rather quickly.

By the way, I still have 11 days which I can still change my mind and replace my S2 with a Droid. I love it that VZW gives us that option, even though it will cost $35 to exercise that option. But then again, I've already spent more than $35 in accessories and new apps LOL
    04-25-10 12:12 PM
    I have a curve, but after toying with my father's s1 I can type amazingly fast on it. I may go for ans S2. Rumor has it surepress will be mia on S3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:00 PM
    I was seriously considering it, until I heard the rumor that 6.0 will be out. Hopefully my Storm 2 will be able to run it, if not I will just go to Storm 3. Was not happy with the Storm 1 I got but took the chance on the Storm 2 and I love it. So I will have no doubts going to Storm 3. I just can't see myself leaving berry now.
    04-25-10 01:05 PM
    6.BLOW looks almost exactly the same as 5.BLOW. and it doesn't appear that it will do anything that you can't already get with a good 3rd party theme...
    04-25-10 01:53 PM
    6.BLOW looks almost exactly the same as 5.BLOW. and it doesn't appear that it will do anything that you can't already get with a good 3rd party theme...
    you think 6.0 is just about how the mainpage looks?? it amazes me how clueless some people are....
    04-25-10 02:08 PM
    you think 6.0 is just about how the mainpage looks?? it amazes me how clueless some people are....
    i got to agree. There is much more under the hood, we have only see like 4-5 total pictures of it, so noone actually knows **** about what they have done.
    04-25-10 02:13 PM
    i got to agree. There is much more under the hood, we have only see like 4-5 total pictures of it, so noone actually knows **** about what they have done.
    Exactly. I for 1 am holding off on the Droid to see what's going to happen.

04-25-10 03:36 PM
    6.0 will probably be just as huge a jump as 5.0 was. Maybe all of you who were on 4.7.xxx have forgotten what an impact 5.0 had on our S1's. Hopefully, the webkit browser will get bundled into it.

As to any droid phone, they run great (at least my son's does), but until you can reliably sync to Outlook, it's market will remain with the little tweeners that are too busy worrying about how many apps they have, but never use. Most of us that work for a living, need a pc based, Outlook syncing phone. It's OK to hate Microsoft, but trying to live without them is a waste of time.
    04-25-10 05:54 PM
    Storm2 is probably my last BB; HTC Incredible or Moto Droid is looking better everyday.

04-25-10 06:08 PM
    I'm dumpin it! And I'm payin fool retail for it too

04-25-10 06:48 PM
    Already got rid of my storm2 for droid I don't think I will ever go back to blackberry I love haveing a phone that works and droid does and email is no different using gmail its just as fast blackberry needs to redo there os not make a new theme and call it 6.0 love cb and will stay here but no more bb

04-25-10 07:17 PM
    Already got rid of my storm2 for droid I don't think I will ever go back to blackberry I love haveing a phone that works and droid does and email is no different using gmail its just as fast blackberry needs to redo there os not make a new theme and call it 6.0 love cb and will stay here but no more bb

Sucks that the Droid didn't come with a period key.

04-25-10 08:11 PM
    I'm dumpin it! And I'm payin fool retail for it too

Oh, the irony....
    04-25-10 08:15 PM
    I read the "reviews" but I'm completely unimpressed with the way the UI looks. RIM is stuck in 2000 with the look and feel of their UI's. Yes maybe 6.BLOW will be a bit faster then 5.BLOW and maybe it will boot up in two minutes instead of 4 and maybe a bunch of other stuff but It still doesn't change the fact that it's, in all likelihood, gonna look and feel like I'm running RIM's version of Windows 3.0. I mean come on if they want to be even remotely competitive in the touch screen phone game they need to do something to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack besides "we have the best push email."
    04-25-10 09:01 PM
    Im holding out for 6.0. If the storm2 doesnt get any good upgrades from it then I may try the latest droid out there. I dont use the BB messenger enough but I would miss push email.
    04-25-10 09:42 PM
    5.0 wasn't 'exciting' for me and I kind of have the same feeling with 6.0. Some of the things sound nice, but I don't really know if they're worth staying for and are probably found in other OS's anyway.

And if push email and bbm are the only two major advantages of a BB, I'm not really sure if I feel like staying for that as well.

I should probably switch anyway if upcoming android devices interest me more than this OS update.

04-25-10 09:55 PM
    My fiancee and I went from our blackberries to the Moto Droid... We lasted a day and a half and went back and exchanged em for blackberries. Dont get me wrong, the droid is an awesome phone, but nothing compares to a blackberry, and nothing compares to bbm!!
    04-25-10 10:09 PM
    why does someone always create one of these stupid threads as soon as another phone drops...

please. Do u need really justification from others to stay or go...who f'in cares.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    04-25-10 10:22 PM
    Sucks that the Droid didn't come with a period key.

Hahahaha

04-25-10 11:06 PM
    I'll be switching from a storm 2 to an Incredible

Storm 2 was great dont get me wrong, never had any technical issues or anything. Just sick of the stale OS and lack of apps, especially free apps. I dont rely on BBM at all, I only have three contacts on it and talk to one, and push email really isnt a necessity for me....I dont own any banks where time is money

I was going to buy the incredible at full retail when I realized I just made the cut-off date for the new termination fee. Thats mean I'll only have to pay $175 minus $5 per month of contract which puts my ETF at $145...

I think I'll go the ETF fee route and preorder it tomorrow. I figure its the most beneficial...

-I'll have to change my phone number, but that's fine since I don't have THAT many contacts...

-Phone ends up costing around $432 with taxes and ETF AND I'll be getting a one year contract instead of paying $602 for the phone after taxes and activation fee and being locked into my old 2 year contract....

-Since I'll be preordering on 4/26, Ill get the instant online rebate(vs waiting for the mail in one) and the activation fee will be waved. And I might even get that limited time 2GB memory card offer (though I doubt it'll happen lol)

-With the new account in my name vs my dads I get to use my Employee discount for 20% off my bill

I figure I can sell my storm 2 and recoup most of my costs, plus I have my tax returns on their way and some birthday money so I may even be in the positive!

I wont be leaving CB though, I love the community here Not hating on the blackberries at all, its just that I wouldn't mind a "toy" phone at all
    04-25-10 11:39 PM
    Oh, the irony....
    I did that on purpose because I said I would be a fool for payin retail for any phone again! Lol

04-25-10 11:42 PM

http://www.androidcentral.com/
    04-26-10 01:27 AM
    After seeing a video or 2 of the phone, and reading reviews, I'm going to have to check it out.

I love the Storm2, but I'm just getting restless.

I won't pay full retail for it though, but after its been out a few months perhaps I'll find one used.
    04-26-10 08:17 AM
    I think 6.0 looks great. I don't know if the storm 2 will get the webkit as it has been said you need the upgraded ram of 512Mb which the storm 2 doesn't. Which would be a big bummer. I am just ready to mess around with a different OS. So why not have two phones to mess around with LOL. The incredible looks like a great phone to start with. I will be purchasing this phone. I will not be giving up my berry either.
    04-26-10 08:34 AM
315 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD