Anyone? Let's see where those loyal BlackBerrians are hiding.
    Oh yea, another Phone vs. Phone thread.
    04-22-10 05:53 AM
    Actually, I am making the switch too. :-/
    04-22-10 08:47 AM
    you know its funny, now i will get to see the same people complaining with problems over on the incredible boards and this forum! lmao
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-22-10 at 10:23 AM.
    04-22-10 10:04 AM
    Well, complaints are one of the awesome things about the internet. We complain (and sometimes vent to one another) and we also help one another. :-)

BTW, I'm not giving up my Storm because I hate it, but because I want to try something new and cool. I'd recommend the Storm2 to anyone who is looking for a BB and likes touch screen.
    04-22-10 10:08 AM
    Had they upgraded my storm1 to a storm2 for free I might have stayed with blackbery longer. But they did not do that.

Basically they sold me a bill of good on nov 12 2008 witht he storm1 and I got stuck with it.

Rim is terrible. The storm1 is terrible. Verizon did a bad thing supporting the storm1 and then not offering free upgrade to the storm2, same for RIM.

Fixing the storm1 by creating the storm2 was just harsh for all us users.
    They should have recalled the stor1 and given everyone a storm2.

I struggle all the time with no memory and dropping calls on answer and trying to position the cursor to corect typing and having the screen jump around. watching the hourglass spin. It is getting really frustrating.

So I gave up and was glad to see the HTC Incredible become available. I ordered 2 one for my son and one on my wifes line since my Storm1 line is not eligible until July 21 2010! thanks Verizon.

I feel like RIM suckered us. We got an upgrade in December 2008 in 2 weeks from purchase and then not another one until like July or august 2009 and for me that ment the video camera did not work all that time. It got fixed in July or August update for the storm.

RIM shippping this phone that only has like 20MB or less free application memory on it was crazy. Reboots every day a necessity?
    If I strip it down, reload and shrink the OS i can get 30 MB free for about 5 hours then it starts sucking it down to 5 MB and starts to hang and freeze and get slow.

You got to be kidding? OS updates to try to fix bugs is OK but not when you have to deal with a buggy phone for months on end? And no memory?

Am I bitter? Heck yes.

I will never buy another RIM phone. Blackberry plans stink too as yyou have t have another BB phone to use on the plan if yours dies. You can not just activate another phone temporarily, you have to change your plan.

I really hate emailing from my PC or someone else emails me and I have to wait 15 minutes before it shows up on the phone? Give me a break! I can not even do a refresh to get it to pull the email from a server?
    That is efficient.

Android is the way to go. I am gone. outa here...real soon like April 29th.
    04-23-10 03:02 AM
    My gf has a droid and while it's nice for a lot of things, it sucks with yahoo mail and doesn't sync with outlook. deal killer for me. I do like the amount of cool apps in the android market. As much as I hate apple, I would go iphone before going to android as it plays nice with the things that matter to me.
    04-23-10 03:26 AM
    Nope. Won't be dropping my Storm until:
    1 - 4G comes out
    2 - they announce that the WebKit Browser won't work on my Storm.
    04-23-10 04:02 AM
    Rim is terrible. The storm1 is terrible. Verizon did a bad thing supporting the storm1 and then not offering free upgrade to the storm2, same for RIM.

Am I bitter? Heck yes.

I will never buy another RIM phone. Blackberry plans stink too as yyou have t have another BB phone to use on the plan if yours dies. You can not just activate another phone temporarily, you have to change your plan.
    It sucks that you had to deal with problems with the Storm 1, but this wasn't the right place for you to vent. This is the Storm 2 forum, so next time go rant in the Storm 1 forum where people will be more receptive and empathize with you. Most Storm 2 users are happy with their phone, so your rant about how you hate RIM is just wasting the Storm 2 forum member's time.

Now I know the Storm 1 had more than its fair share of problems, but I know many people who learned to live with them. Also, rather than being angry at RIM and VZW, you could have spent that energy to find a solution to your problem. You could have sold your Storm 1, either on ebay or locally on craigslist, and bought a different phone. Simple solution.
    04-23-10 04:33 AM
    I liked my Storm1 okay, really liked (and still like!) my Storm2. But a cooler, newer, faster device is appealing. I can see coming back to BB if they put out another cool touchscreen.
    04-23-10 08:15 AM
    why does someone always create one of these stupid threads as soon as another phone drops...

please. Do u need really justification from others to stay or go...who f'in cares.
    Last edited by krissrock; 04-23-10 at 10:10 AM.
    04-23-10 09:21 AM
    I already dropped my S1 for an 8530, then I dropped that for a Droid.
    will you drop your Droid for an Incredible?
    04-23-10 09:42 AM
    Had they upgraded my storm1 to a storm2 for free I might have stayed with blackbery longer. But they did not do that.

Basically they sold me a bill of good on nov 12 2008 witht he storm1 and I got stuck with it.

I struggle all the time with no memory and dropping calls on answer and trying to position the cursor to corect typing and having the screen jump around. watching the hourglass spin. It is getting really frustrating.

So I gave up and was glad to see the HTC Incredible become available. I ordered 2 one for my son and one on my wifes line since my Storm1 line is not eligible until July 21 2010! thanks Verizon.

I feel like RIM suckered us. We got an upgrade in December 2008 in 2 weeks from purchase and then not another one until like July or august 2009 and for me that ment the video camera did not work all that time. It got fixed in July or August update for the storm.

RIM shippping this phone that only has like 20MB or less free application memory on it was crazy. Reboots every day a necessity?
    If I strip it down, reload and shrink the OS i can get 30 MB free for about 5 hours then it starts sucking it down to 5 MB and starts to hang and freeze and get slow.

You got to be kidding? OS updates to try to fix bugs is OK but not when you have to deal with a buggy phone for months on end? And no memory?

Am I bitter? Heck yes.

I really hate emailing from my PC or someone else emails me and I have to wait 15 minutes before it shows up on the phone? Give me a break! I can not even do a refresh to get it to pull the email from a server?
    That is efficient.

i cant really agree with any of this. Your problems are from a couple things like not understanding the device/vzw plans, user error and and no getting the phone replaced when you should have
    04-23-10 09:45 AM

Am I bitter? Heck yes.

That is efficient.

WOW! I guess you don't like to solve problems. You'd rather just complain. If you want instant email gratification, forward all your other email accounts to your vzw.blackberry.net account and you'll get it in a few seconds. or just start handing out your vzw email addy to friends and business contacts. I've seen the LED blink on my phone indicating an email coming in BEFORE the progress bar on my PC has finished indicating transmission completion for emails I've sent to myself from Thunderbird or from web based email like yahoo. Doesn't get any faster than that.
    04-23-10 09:59 AM
    I played with Incredible today - it's a very nice Android phone. But I would not change BB for it... I have Cliq XT as a personal phone and I love it, but for business I need BlackBerry.
    04-23-10 10:01 AM
    My Storm goes nowhere!! And the way it looks now I don't think I will ever be leaving Blackberry....
    04-23-10 01:23 PM
    If nothing else I'm gonna give it a 30 day trial run. My S2 has locked up on my 4 times in the last few days. The screen becomes unresponsive for long periods of time and the bottom "keys" still don't work even after the upgraded hardware. Couple that with the 3-4 minute reboot time and I just don't see how Android can be any worse.

IMO RIM needs to step up their game and come up with something new and cutting edge instead of clinging to their cooking cutter UI's and email superiority because eventually that won't be enough to keep consumers happy and I think we are seeing the start of this displayed in this thread
    04-24-10 01:16 PM
    Well, today was the last straw for me and the S2. I've had all kinds of problems over the last few days, again. I jumping ship to the Android. I guess I'll do the Incredible since everyone says that it's the shizzle. Sorry BB.
    04-24-10 02:32 PM
    Well, today was the last straw for me and the S2. I've had all kinds of problems over the last few days, again. I jumping ship to the Android. I guess I'll do the Incredible since everyone says that it's the shizzle. Sorry BB.
    hey eRod...what's going on with the Storm?? I am still trying to figure out which way to go. When I hear more about the 9650, looks like I might head that direction. Sorry you've had it with the 2!!
    Gene
    04-24-10 05:06 PM
    Need my Blackberry for work anyway and I have no problems with my Storm 2.
    04-24-10 07:30 PM
    hey eRod...what's going on with the Storm?? I am still trying to figure out which way to go. When I hear more about the 9650, looks like I might head that direction. Sorry you've had it with the 2!!
    Gene
    It's weird. In the list that shows my email or SMS list, if I try and scroll it tries to highlight everything. So I cannot scroll. When I am typing an email or text out, when I press the space it sends the message. Lmao. I spoke to Verizon and we did the standard battery pull, *228 opt 1, etc. My phone will work, then it gets possessed again. I am running the latest OS. This is my 3rd S2. So I am done.

I upgraded to the Incredible today. Should be here on the 30th.
    04-24-10 08:04 PM
    Dumped! My Incredible arrives on Friday.
    04-24-10 09:31 PM
    I think im jumping ship also, unless 6.0 leaks.
    04-24-10 10:31 PM
    E Gadget calls it the best Android phone on the market today.

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget
    04-24-10 10:54 PM
    No Android for me. Odin has worked problem free since I got it. No replacments, and it just works. A pretty UI? I really don't NEED that. I don't have a Gmail, and I like push. No Android for me. Oh, and for all those switching to Android, here's a quicklink to your new forum home...http://www.androidcentral.com/
    04-25-10 12:00 AM
    No Android for me. Odin has worked problem free since I got it. No replacments, and it just works. A pretty UI? I really don't NEED that. I don't have a Gmail, and I like push. No Android for me. Oh, and for all those switching to Android, here's a quicklink to your new forum home...http://www.androidcentral.com/
    cool another f1 fan.

My gf has a droid and I have a storm2. Both devices are good. I've tested it out and found several features that the bb doesnt have and would love to see on the bb platform.

I forward my work domain email to my yahoo account and the droid is great as it shows all of the emails including ones in folders and handles pdf attachments great. But of course theres no push. I love push email, but I guess it's not a deal breaker.

And I have several bb messenger buddies that I chat with often so I would miss that too.

The bb calendar handles recurring appointments better. The android calendar for example can't do weekly appointments every tuesday and thursday in one entry like the bb calendar can.

Both suck at copy and pasting. And the android can't do cut and paste.

What I really don't like about the storm2 is that sometimes the keyboard goes haywire.
    04-25-10 12:36 AM
315 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD