I'm for sure jumping ship. This is where the ride on the storm2 stops. I got the droid and was very happy with the performance and the apps but I didn't enjoy the thickness of it or the slide out keyboard. This is going to be a really sweet phone. Yeah my email will be delayed by a few minutes but who really needs their email instantly? I can wait a few minutes. Incredible for the win!
    04-16-10 01:12 PM
    Woohoo!!! BlackBerry is classic but Android is the future right now.

Look at all the converts!

Nice quote fake but nobody buys it.
    The Storm is a better phone; get over it already.

i'm sorry I go on and on in an internet forum about a smartphone even though it's for another phone. I have no life, no girlfriend. I live in my parent's basement and my best friend is hamster named Goobs. Somebody just shoot me, please?
    disclaimer: the previous quote is not entirely accurate and may include an embellishment for the purposes of demonstrating a point. Oh.... And the storm's much better than the Void. I mean Droid.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 04-16-10 at 01:21 PM.
    04-16-10 01:18 PM
    I'm for sure jumping ship. This is where the ride on the storm2 stops. I got the droid and was very happy with the performance and the apps but I didn't enjoy the thickness of it or the slide out keyboard. This is going to be a really sweet phone. Yeah my email will be delayed by a few minutes but who really needs their email instantly? I can wait a few minutes. Incredible for the win!
    True story.

I was online to pay for some stuff at a convenience store, and the guy in front of me was obviously friends with the clerk. He was telling the clerk he lost a $7000 deal because his email was delayed 45 minutes.

He said he was dumping the thing and getting a BlackBerry.

Not everybody can wait a few minutes, to some time is money.
    04-16-10 01:30 PM
    I'll be keeping the Storm2... at least until the Storm3 comes out.
    04-16-10 01:42 PM
    I'd love to pick up a storm2... but its only available on telus and bell ><
    I use an unlocked Storm2 on Rogers. Works great. It was as easy as swapping out the SIM card.
    04-16-10 02:05 PM
    I guess I'll be the first to answer the op question: yes, I will be picking up the Incredible. I will keep my Storm2 as a back up or if I don't like the Incredible but I do plan on picking one up on launch day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    People answered the question before, I guess you just didn't notice.

04-16-10 04:17 PM
    I cannot imagine dropping push email, period. I know that makes me addicted, but that is the way of it. Gmail alone won't do it for me. I juggle 5 email accounts, and the BB does it best for now. Unified messaging and a VZW 4G iPhone may move the needle enough for me to switch, but that is just vaporware until I see one and can hold it in my hand.
    04-16-10 05:26 PM
    Evo is where its at, it will be the best android upon release.

04-16-10 05:52 PM
    I want to play with one. Every time I try to switch from my berry, it just doesn't feel right. But, I'm gonna definitely take a good look. I really don't like touchscreens that don't move or buzz or something. I hate typing on my iPod Touch and I'm assuming that's what it will be like. Also, when I read the specs they said it's not global capable.
    04-16-10 07:36 PM
    Won't leave my blackberry but ill buy it for sure

04-16-10 08:00 PM
    I just bought a blackberry storm2 a few weeks ago and now there are threads about people ditching the s2 for an HTC Incredible.

I might as well just get the word "obsolete" tatooed across my forehead.
    04-16-10 08:08 PM
    Will wait and see what others says about the HTC Incredible first. And the push email thing is important to me too.
    04-16-10 09:14 PM
    What I really want for the S2 is a fully functional compass like the iphone has. I am a wireless cell site technician and use a compass on a daily basis. Longitude, Latitude, azimuths, etc. If the droid can provide that, then I may switch. But I really love my Storm2.
    04-17-10 12:00 PM
    Also, FYI:

Android devices can install apps to SD cards!

I'm rooted and running a custom ROM that's awesome and now I can install my apps to my SD card. So far I have 112 apps and haven't even used up 1GB of storage. Android owns.
    04-17-10 12:08 PM
    Will wait and see what others says about the HTC Incredible first. And the push email thing is important to me too.
    The Droid Incredible will be an awesome phone no doubt. I'd say wait a month or two till all of the hardware issues and kinks are gone and then buy it.
    04-17-10 12:10 PM
    Oh no now someone is going to come in here and talk about how awesome the Blackberry email is hahahahahahahaha.

I actually was checking out the Droid Eris, but then it hit me. There is too much I would miss on my S2. One of the big things is BBM, and also Tether. Just can not stray from the Berry.
    Evo is where its at, it will be the best android upon release.

Yea and it will hav 4G. sux that it won't be on Verizon tho

Oh well, Droid and Incredible are still kickass! Now that I have apps on my SD card, I'm gonna give my iPhone to my sister who has AT&T as an early birthday gift.
    04-17-10 12:11 PM
    Woohoo!!! BlackBerry is classic but Android is the future right now.

Look at all the converts!
    Apples and oranges. I always wonder why people bought a BB and are now doing the device hokey pokey. Not doing enough research into the device and what your needs and wants are, come to mind.

Seen a few posts from S2 users that say, "I want a phone that can run multiple apps and be able to get a lot of them", "I want to talk and surf", "I want it to play all the cool games and watch videos/movies"

Why did you buy it again?
    Last edited by jbdale; 04-17-10 at 12:42 PM.
    04-17-10 12:40 PM
    I actually was checking out the Droid Eris, but then it hit me. There is too much I would miss on my S2. One of the big things is BBM, and also Tether. Just can not stray from the Berry.
    Don't know about the Eris but you can tether from the Droid. Haven't tried it yet but it's a fact.
    04-17-10 05:32 PM
    I am Staying
    04-17-10 05:46 PM
    There are so many frustrating things about the Storm2 and the RIM OS in general. I'm definitely going to get a HTC Incredible at launch and give it full 30 day try. I had the Storm1 since launch and bought a Storm2 two months ago. The 2 is better but it still has "issues."
    04-18-10 11:01 AM
    Storm still has issues but I'll stick to my Blackberry still.
    World phone
    Bbm (especially since its free over seas to text with the international plan)
    Push email (I love the ability to respond to emails within minutes to help others out when needed no need to wait and cause more downtime at other sites)
    Surepress (a lot might not like but I love it)

For me to think about another phone, it needs world capabilities and push email. I don't mind not having bbm since I can send emails and as long as its push email, I will be fine. I can deal with no surepress but it would suck. But if the OS is better then RIM and has those feature then I'd leave RIM.

04-18-10 02:11 PM
    wouldnt dump for this...evo now....we will see
    04-18-10 08:54 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I did I LOT of research on the S2 before I got it. I knew what to expect from it even before it was released. By launch, I couldn't wait. I wish I could install apps to the card, but I KNEW that before I got it. S2 does everything it's supposed to, and does it well. It just works. May not be the prettiest or the most adorable UI, but I don't need that. I need a device that works. Odin Works.
    Apples and oranges. I always wonder why people bought a BB and are now doing the device hokey pokey. Not doing enough research into the device and what your needs and wants are, come to mind.

Seen a few posts from S2 users that say, "I want a phone that can run multiple apps and be able to get a lot of them", "I want to talk and surf", "I want it to play all the cool games and watch videos/movies"

Why did you buy it again?
    04-19-10 12:32 AM
315 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD